Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How many people purchased an extended warranty on their Hellcat?

How many people purchased an extended warranty on their Hellcat?

• Yes

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Plan to

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Would have bought it, but not going to pay full MSRP for it (thanks to the slimy FL legislators & stealers assoc) when you can get it heavily discounted in every other state !
Mine was actually discounted to near 1/2. But I understand your view as well. I agree if you can't get a break on one!

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I've always felt extended warranties on anything were kind of a waste of money. I've only ever bought one (on my Wife's Hyundai Genesis Coupe Track Edition) as I wasn't sure how good a Hyundai would be. We never used it, money down the drain.

On a car like the Hellcat that I bought with the intention of racing, etc, the warranty is voided anyway, so didn't make sense to buy another one to get voided as well. These two hands and some buddies will have to be the warranty I reckon.
Sent you a P.M. Speedy...

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
inrfire--- you should totally post a bigger version of your avatar pic!

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
^^^^^ Thanks man! Thought there was a bike in the pic, but was not sure.

Shovel

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat Charger
Would have bought it, but not going to pay full MSRP for it (thanks to the slimy FL legislators & stealers assoc) when you can get it heavily discounted in every other state !
You just need an address in another state to get the discounted price. All forms are electronically sent anyway.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
The dealership I am dealing with is investigating my options (as Canada only gets a 3 year powertrain and basic warranty); my expectation is that we will settle on a heavily discounted extended warranty. I'd like to get a minimum of 7 years of coverage - this is not a car I plan to fix myself. For once.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You just need an address in another state to get the discounted price. All forms are electronically sent anyway.
Yeah, thought about getting an address from 1 of those places that 'sell' you a street address & will fwd the mail to you.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbiana
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Voted NO. Planning on MODs that may void warranty so why wast money.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Yeah, thought about getting an address from 1 of those places that 'sell' you a street address & will fwd the mail to you.
The VIN number is what counts for the Chrysler extended warranty. Do a google search for prices and make calls, as the costs vary greatly. On my previous forum, low cost Chrysler extended warranty dealers noted, were Clay Robbins CDJR (Clay Robbins) and Hayes Jeep (Tom Winkels).

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The VIN number is what counts for the Chrysler extended warranty. Do a google search for prices and make calls, as the costs vary greatly. On my previous forum, low cost Chrysler extended warranty dealers noted, were Clay Robbins CDJR (Clay Robbins) and Hayes Jeep (Tom Winkels).
Zeigler Auto Group also has good prices and an on-line tool you can use to play with the various options.
In any case, it's too late for me, my 3/36 was up last month and that pretty much doubles the price of the 8/60 plan to $5K + o_O

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Zeigler Auto Group also has good prices and an on-line tool you can use to play with the various options.
In any case, it's too late for me, my 3/36 was up last month and that pretty much doubles the price of the 8/60 plan to $5K + o_O
I am facing the same problem, our 2017 will be out of warranty, next year. I have been looking for a 2019 RE, but the local dealers, won't deal. I may be going down the extended warranty road. Our current Hellcat Challenger has a whopping 4800 miles and has been perfect in every regard.

I wish you luck!

2017 Challenger Hellcat: Yellow-Jacket-Yellow

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I've always felt extended warranties on anything were kind of a waste of money. I've only ever bought one (on my Wife's Hyundai Genesis Coupe Track Edition) as I wasn't sure how good a Hyundai would be. We never used it, money down the drain.

On a car like the Hellcat that I bought with the intention of racing, etc, the warranty is voided anyway, so didn't make sense to buy another one to get voided as well. These two hands and some buddies will have to be the warranty I reckon.
In my case, if I don't use the MaxCare 8yr extended warranty I get every dime back (and then some since I'm using an FCA 10% cash back card). It's a 0% 24-month payment deal so that was another plus. I don't plan to mod my Demon (including keeping the Nittos) so racing covered too. No brainer all around, imo.