Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How was your friday? We went dancing..

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
At Empire Dragway in Leicester, NY for Friday test & tune.

First 3 passes on the new setup with Jokerz Blower and Kong 108. Car is a full Dusterhoff Stage 4 car with added LMI and catless miss on a 2.5 / E85 kill tune.

Car made 910whp at Allpar on their Mustang Dyno.

For a track under 2hrs away the staff can PREP. Now if I could only drive...

First pass was a true shakedown run. Easy off the pedal. Shutdown somewhere before/at 1000ft. All track settings.

10.73 @ 119

Retorqued wheels, topped everything off and fired up the laptop. Easy off the pedal but stayed in it the whole time. All track settings.

10.4 @ 133 - zero knock. A little shimmy out of the hole. Same 60ft as before. Logs showed 20psi peak. Line lock wouldn't hold this run. Minimal burnout off the brake.

Dropped to 20psi in the 315/50 and tried sport setting for traction control only with all else in track. Linelock held this time and got 3 gears into it but not very long..."Accidentally" foot braked to 1750 per the log:

signal-2021-08-06-213123.jpg

There is still PLENTY left in it. Logs show i short shifted 1-2 at ~5700. Also I didn't take a single ounce of weight out of the car. Had a full tool kit and 2 sets of wrenches plus my sub box and all spare pullies in the trunk. Literally as I drive it everyday minus the big & Littles. Drop that short time to where it should be and it's probably a 9.6x car here.

Third pass ever on a prepped surface in the car. Very impressed.

@curt_dusterhofftuning killed the parts package and the tuning. Jokerz blower flat out works. Allpar Garage did a great job on the install of said blower and Kong 108. Also due is thanks to @ostmike & OST dyno for the original install of the stage 4 kit, PK Auto for the forgestar D5 beadlock pack, @MurderCat for the front skinnies...and too many others i know I am forgetting.

Last edited:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Happy you got it in the 9s, look forward to seeing more. I spent my night at Capitol Raceway reaching friends how to stage and get their first passes down the 1320.

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Happy you got it in the 9s, look forward to seeing more. I spent my night at Capitol Raceway reaching friends how to stage and get their first passes down the 1320.
I forgot how much fun it was but swapping tires blows. If not for my buddy bringing his roush 2650 F150 along I never would've been able to get everything to the track & back. I need a trailer. Bad. The cargo carrier sat so low it dragged with full weight on it. No bueno.

Said buddy ended up peddling the truck all 3 passes and still went 11.7's on 22" street tires. RCSB 4WD coyote.

Oh...I should probably upgrade the cooling loop a bit. Legitimately thinking about a chiller but I just don't race enough.

Tazer cool down mode was a lifesaver though.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Are you stick or auto? I see you say you short shifted. So I’m assuming stick and not auto using paddles.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
WTG @fubar569 😎

Congrats in the New PB and having some Fasssst Fun at the track!

Linda :)

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
Are you stick or auto? I see you say you short shifted. So I’m assuming stick and not auto using paddles.
Auto. It's a charger.

I leave in 1st and pretty much always manually make that first shift in the event of something gone fubar...immediately after the shift/gaining traction it gets slapped back into auto mode for the rest of the pass.

I thought it had started to spin so I grabbed 2nd real quick which usually rectifies the issue for me...but it wasn't spin and I actually lost good time doing that.

Lesson learned for next time.

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Congrats on the 9 second pass!!!

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
At Empire Dragway in Leicester, NY for Friday test & tune.

First 3 passes on the new setup with Jokerz Blower and Kong 108. Car is a full Dusterhoff Stage 4 car with added LMI and catless miss on a 2.5 / E85 kill tune.

Car made 910whp at Allpar on their Mustang Dyno.

For a track under 2hrs away the staff can PREP. Now if I could only drive...

First pass was a true shakedown run. Easy off the pedal. Shutdown somewhere before/at 1000ft. All track settings.

10.73 @ 119

Retorqued wheels, topped everything off and fired up the laptop. Easy off the pedal but stayed in it the whole time. All track settings.

10.4 @ 133 - zero knock. A little shimmy out of the hole. Same 60ft as before. Logs showed 20psi peak. Line lock wouldn't hold this run. Minimal burnout off the brake.

Dropped to 20psi in the 315/50 and tried sport setting for traction control only with all else in track. Linelock held this time and got 3 gears into it but not very long..."Accidentally" foot braked to 1750 per the log:

View attachment 50944

There is still PLENTY left in it. Logs show i short shifted 1-2 at ~5700. Also I didn't take a single ounce of weight out of the car. Had a full tool kit and 2 sets of wrenches plus my sub box and all spare pullies in the trunk. Literally as I drive it everyday minus the big & Littles. Drop that short time to where it should be and it's probably a 9.6x car here.

Third pass ever on a prepped surface in the car. Very impressed.

@curt_dusterhofftuning killed the parts package and the tuning. Jokerz blower flat out works. Allpar Garage did a great job on the install of said blower and Kong 108. Also due is thanks to @ostmike & OST dyno for the original install of the stage 4 kit, PK Auto for the forgestar D5 beadlock pack, @MurderCat for the front skinnies...and too many others i know I am forgetting.
Awesome pass sir. Glad to see you get your 9!

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Hey, congrats! That’s my “local” 1/4mi track too. Ran my first 10.9 in my stock, 5000lb Charger there. When they prep it’s a good track for sure.
You must have been turning some heads with you car.

FWIW - I could fit both of my 17” DRs, jack, and tools in my car with the seats down. Could have fit a cooler too if I had to. Are you bringing much more than that?
I had a trailer and hitch, but never needed to use them when racing. Honestly, I’d leave the ball on the car just to see if I could get it to hit on the launch. Haha.

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
Awesome pass sir. Glad to see you get your 9!
Thanks man! And thanks for putting up with me.. you have this thing moving out pretty damn well and parts delays aside Allpar did great work too. A damn good 1-2 combo.

You got any fancy shirts or stickers up on the site?

Hey, congrats! That’s my “local” 1/4mi track too. Ran my first 10.9 in my stock, 5000lb Charger there. When they prep it’s a good track for sure.
You must have been turning some heads with you car.

FWIW - I could fit both of my 17” DRs, jack, and tools in my car with the seats down. Could have fit a cooler too if I had to. Are you bringing much more than that?
I had a trailer and hitch, but never needed to use them when racing. Honestly, I’d leave the ball on the car just to see if I could get it to hit on the launch. Haha.
I needed to get the 17's, the skinnies, my Pittsburgh jack, tools, cooler with ice and 10 gallons of E85 in the car. The 315/50 are huge. The skinnies fit in the trunk with everything else, the cooler on the fold down seat behind me, the race fuel jugs behind the passenger seat on the floor and the 315/50 went in my buddies truck. I have the hitch and I'm looking for a 4x6 enclosed for drag week, a small inverter generator and a pack out box so I can take my quickjack and everything I need to run.

I have a set of 4" truck nuts hanging off the receiver. My buddy coined the hashtag #teabagthetarmac for me. Lol

Last edited:
OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
20201108_133003.jpg

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks man! And thanks for putting up with me.. you have this thing moving out pretty damn well and parts delays aside Allpar did great work too. A damn good 1-2 combo.

You got any fancy shirts or stickers up on the site?

I needed to get the 17's, the skinnies, my Pittsburgh jack, tools, cooler with ice and 10 gallons of E85 in the car. The 315/50 are huge. The skinnies fit in the trunk with everything else, the cooler on the fold down seat behind me, the race fuel jugs behind the passenger seat on the floor and the 315/50 went in my buddies truck. I have the hitch and I'm looking for a 4x6 enclosed for drag week, a small inverter generator and a pack out box so I can take my quickjack and everything I need to run.

I have a set of 4" truck nuts hanging off the receiver. My buddy coined the hashtag #teabagthetarmac for me. Lol
If you ran the skinnies to the track would that work? Just putting it out there. God forbid you break and then you have to get the car and the trailer home…

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
If you ran the skinnies to the track would that work? Just putting it out there. God forbid you break and then you have to get the car and the trailer home…
I think if I ran either set to the track I'd almost rather run the 315/50's instead of the skinnies.

Maybe I didn't have the pressure dialed in or I've just forgotten how sketchy a 5" tire is on the street anymore...but a 40 mile round trip to the local car show last month didn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

If I break it's looking far easier to get a tow for the trailer vs the car...sadly enough...and if I didn't have a boner for running either drag week or power tour I wouldn't bother with one for the car...but you're not allowed to be towed nor any support vehicles. Only your car and no bigger than a 4x8 towed by your car.

A 4x6 trailer is up over 2500 in a lot of places now...and a 8.5x22 car hauler with 5200lb axles is about 8750. So...screw it. May as well get the car hauler for everything BUT drag week.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
I had Drag Week on the brain when I did the hitch, for sure.
Not sure which skinnies you run, but a lot of guys on here have good luck with them on the street.
It’s all good either way, you’re definitely bringing way more stuff than I did, haha.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yes we had numerous wind, lightning, and rain storms again today. Butt,,, seeing this gives you an understandings of when and where it will hit on a daily basis. That Florida mid turd weather pattern. This weekend and into next week 2 tropical storms moving thru. Maybe no car show on Thursday. Like to sea the docs black H/C he has dun nothing to,, scared to. Warranty scared.

OP
F

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
I had Drag Week on the brain when I did the hitch, for sure.
Not sure which skinnies you run, but a lot of guys on here have good luck with them on the street.
It’s all good either way, you’re definitely bringing way more stuff than I did, haha.
Just the matching D5 18's with MT Sportsman S/R's IIRC.

I'll hopefully be more organized next time and be able to figure out how to get it down to one vehicle and a much more fluid swap...else a small trailer of some sort and a locking toolbox maybe? We learned a LOT about preparation this time out. For sure.

The drag week loadout will take some precise planning to not exceed GVWR and make sure I have what I need for the whole trip...I also legitimately think I should spring for the chiller install before I attempt it. Ice was a pain for one trip/three passes less than 3hrs round trip. Multiply that times 5 tracks, 5 days and 1500 miles. Oof.

My next set of days off start the 26th. I'd like to make it back out to the track but I have a full tank of pump right now cause it's sitting for 2 weeks. I never store on E85 longer than a few days at a time and heeding other advice...I probably will never run the car on 93.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Answering thread question:
Went to work....
Doing time at end of day, realized that I went over my PTO max and threw away 2.5 hours PTO.
Great day.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Great runs man. Photos of car?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
My Friday? Continued working on the Deathstar and keeping off my freaking foot. Wife's surgery is in 10 days, mine will be how many ever weeks after that she is able to get around again (doc says 6).

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ouch,,, takes me back to knee replacement days. 3. 9 months off for each recoup and rehab. 90 % on my own. After the 1st 2 you should know what to do. Still had a amount of in home but the rest on me. No nursing home for this wild turkey. 3 days hospital and pour me on the couch for the shots in the beer basket.