Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

INTERESTING DEMON FOR SALE

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I am going by what he said in the ad. Resently Tim Godbee said he thinks the one seat cars are faster. I think his white car is way ahead of where my car was at the time (based on the number of runs and mileage). Of course we have learned some things. So that is some of it, I suppose. But, yes it is strong. So, just maybe, they made sure the one seat cars got culled engines. If I worked there and had anything to do with it that is what I would have done.

One other thing. I was corresponding with Tim K and he knew I was taking my customer ordered one seat car straight to the drag strip to run and run and run it ..........S o, just maybe.....

You know, in days of old, it would have been difficult to do something like this...

In today's age, it's as simple as selecting one binary file versus another...

;)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I am going by what he said in the ad. Resently Tim Godbee said he thinks the one seat cars are faster. I think his white car is way ahead of where my car was at the time (based on the number of runs and mileage). Of course we have learned some things. So that is some of it, I suppose. But, yes it is strong. So, just maybe, they made sure the one seat cars got culled engines. If I worked there and had anything to do with it that is what I would have done.

One other thing. I was corresponding with Tim K and he knew I was taking my customer ordered one seat car straight to the drag strip to run and run and run it ..........S o, just maybe.....
Admittedly, that's possible... but I think with them all rolling out the door, why would they bother? It's a one off - once all the huffing and puffing is done I can't see corporate rolling over the expenditure of effort for that. Or the guys on the line. Why would they care?

EDIT: it's not like there were 20,000 sitting unclaimed on show room floors and whether they moved or not was going to be determined by how well some of the first ones did when tested. They were almost all sold before they were pieced together. However, could absolutely see FCA dumping "marginal performing" engines on the line, but picking out what cars they go into would be stupid (they could be sued then). "Why, sir, did you pick my clients car for the weak underperforming motor? Because he's Black, a woman, a trump supporter, a biden supporter, a transvestite, a moderator on hellcatforum.org?" A far better plan is just leave them in the pipeline and let them go where they go. There has to be a cut off, 1 HP below the cut off, engine is shit canned, one HP above, on you go to assembly. It's not a giant conspiracy; just corporate procedure and inforcing the rules. (lol, now, on the other hand, find evidence that motors below the cut off were shunted back on the pipeline because "weren't enough" passing motors or like that, and we're off to the races)

Last edited:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I watched 2 on Mecum auctions in Kansas City last week. Neither sold and the high bids were $80k. I’m just saying. One had 18 miles and the had 800 miles.
Wrong auction. If they were at BJ on a Sat/Sun the numbers wouldve been different.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

That is quite the abstract theory.