Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Leaked C8 info?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I tend to take these articles with a meteor sized grain of salt. They are looking for clicks and I get it. With that being said I’m sure a small percentage of it is loosely based on educated guesses. The ‘leaked’ thing always makes me cringe though. Never fails, regardless of the model something is magically leaked. Without fail.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
If that Z06 goes for $85k in two years they won't be able to make enough of them.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I posed a question to the Corvette engineer, up to C7, about a Vette hybrid (Zora) being developed. Of course he had “no comment” :)

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
What competitive beastly engineered goodies are be developed and tested in Auburn hills as we speak. FCA will not give up the throne in horse power wars be it internal combustion only or electric motor assist.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I have read in the past two years somewhere they had a fairly lightweight few hundred HP electric to add to our front to work with what we have. Made no sense weight wise (it sounded too light) but it was in some article we have posted up probably back in the dungeon forum.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I have read in the past two years somewhere they had a fairly lightweight few hundred HP electric to add to our front to work with what we have. Made no sense weight wise (it sounded too light) but it was in some article we have posted up probably back in the dungeon forum.
Ya I feel confident that will happen when the stricter 2023 emissions happen. Wonder if they will make the engine smaller and make up for that less gas hp with the electric motors at the front wheels.

OP
ACMAVRO

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Thread Starter #8
Yeah not sure how much I’m trusting this “leaked” document. Seems a little too much, and cars not coming out for 3-5 years? I think the new c8 is totally bad ass, but not bad ass enough for me to jump ship. I would like to drive one though