Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Modded Hellcat vs 93 tuned GT500

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Hellcat:
2.72 upper
E-85
Cat deletes

GT500:
93 oct tune

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
Hellcat:
2.72 upper
E-85
Cat deletes

GT500:
93 oct tune

There is no such thing as a 93 tuned gt500 yet. Here is the list of mods they needed to run 9.93:

Screenshot_20200103-193628.png

OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #3
There is no such thing as a 93 tuned gt500 yet. Here is the list of mods they needed to run 9.93:

View attachment 9692

Wrong thread man. This is not the one that ran 9.93. This orange GT500 has a palm beach dyno 93 oct tune, that’s all.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wrong thread man. This is not the one that ran 9.93. This orange GT500 has a palm beach dyno 93 oct tune, that’s all.
Right thread. This info was put here since there are track runs on it. 940 rwhp and it only runs 9.93. No track runs on the 93 only tangturd. It's the Same vehicle making 220 less rwhp will be much slower. These things tuned on 93 won't even hang with a stock red-eye on a tire much less a modded hellcat on e85. But you really didn't want the answer from your reaction to the only factual track info out which I provided.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Watched the video and at the end he says the most impressive car was the heavily modified camaro that was on his rear fender. The Hellcat left him with 3 mods and that was not impressive?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I’m waiting to see how long the 664 ft lb rated DCT holds up to the modded power Level.

OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #7
Right thread. This info was put here since there are track runs on it. 940 rwhp and it only runs 9.93. No track runs on the 93 only tangturd. It's the Same vehicle making 220 less rwhp will be much slower. These things tuned on 93 won't even hang with a stock red-eye on a tire much less a modded hellcat on e85. But you really didn't want the answer from your reaction to the only factual track info out which I provided.
So I posted a video of a Hellcat smashing a tuned GT500 and you posted a list of mods of a nicely modded GT500 that only ran 9.93 implying that this GT500 has all those mods and only ran 9.93?? How’s that relevant? I posted the video of the GT500 running 9s and was aware of the mods.
I just don’t see your point...at all.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
So I posted a video of a Hellcat smashing a tuned GT500 and you posted a list of mods of a nicely modded GT500 that only ran 9.93 implying that this GT500 has all those mods and only ran 9.93?? How’s that relevant? I posted the video of the GT500 running 9s and was aware of the mods.
I just don’t see your point...at all.
That is not what was implied or stated. Again, you presented a hypothetical situation where there is little track data on the mustang. Street and Dyno pulls are meaningless. I provided data and mods of the same Stang with more mods. All those mods point to your hypothetical car with fewer mods running a lot slower than 9.93.

On the other hand, there is already lots of data out there on hellcats with your suggested setup and they are all faster than the heavily modded gt 500 example I documented. Logic follows that since the heavily modded gt500 only runs 9.93, the lightly modded config you present will go slower and get stomped. Are you seeing how it's relevant yet???

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@Phast Hemi - I think you missed the boat on this one. I can’t follow your line of reasoning here at all. This has nothing to do with the track, the other GT500, or anything else you’ve introduced into this thread. You actually started out by saying that there is no such thing as a 93tuned GT500, but there are dozens of them out there already. This particular car will be getting a 900hp setup, but that is not what was represented in this thread or the video. We all saw the 900whp 9second car in the other thread as well as the list of mods ... and it’s completely unrelated to this thread, the OP, or the video - from where I stand. Maybe I’m missing something here, if so, my bad bud.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
@Phast Hemi - I think you missed the boat on this one. I can’t follow your line of reasoning here at all. This has nothing to do with the track, the other GT500, or anything else you’ve introduced into this thread. You actually started out by saying that there is no such thing as a 93tuned GT500, but there are dozens of them out there already. This particular car will be getting a 900hp setup, but that is not what was represented in this thread or the video. We all saw the 900whp 9second car in the other thread as well as the list of mods ... and it’s completely unrelated to this thread, the OP, or the video - from where I stand. Maybe I’m missing something here, if so, my bad bud.
Jack, the op listed a versus comparison. What is that supposed to mean?

Also, the 9.93 car has been posted everywhere as going 9.93 on a tune and 20 inch tire omitting all the other mods. If the ops intent for a versus comparison had nothing to do with speed or racing, why only list power adding mods in the comparo? What else could you be talking about in a versus comparison that lists only power mods?

OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #11
Dude, you are lost. I posted the video of the 9.93 and its mods. Then I posted this video of a tuned GT500 getting stomped but somehow you got butthurt. Not following you at all.

Maybe you didn’t watch the video.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dude, you are lost. I posted the video of the 9.93 and its mods. Then I posted this video of a tuned GT500 getting stomped but somehow you got butthurt. Not following you at all.

Maybe you didn’t watch the video.
Hey man, no butt hurt here. Frankly it's not that serious. I thought this thread had a point to it when a performance comparison was made.

Last edited:
OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #13
This tuned orange GT500 was taken to the 1/4 track today and did surprisingly good.

Edit: that was after pulley, cat deletes and E85. He got all that done Friday.

Attachments

OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #14
Base 666whp
After mods listed above - 835whp (16psi)

OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #15
They are racing again tonight. But this time they both will have exactly the same mods for the exception of the drag pack (Hellcat). Upper pulley, cat deletes and E85.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
Hellcat:
2.72 upper
E-85
Cat deletes

There are a HELL OF A LOT more mods that go into that setup and to say otherwise is dishonest bullshit. So list all the supporting mods you want for the GT500 you fear so much the list is just as long for that setup. You are missing the new plugs, injectors, fuel pumps, drive shaft, sensors etc..... I have a tuned pullied Hellcat myself. I can't say ohhhhh yeah its just a tune and a pulley.

Every time a new fast car comes out everybody starts clinging to their car woobby and it's obvious who's egos are tied to their garage. If it's any consolation this is not unique to the Mopar community. It never ceases to amaze me that one of the things that takes some of the least talent on the planet invokes so much pride and emotion. Wanna be the fastest? Spend the most money.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Your on the wrong forum buddy....

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
Hey! Wrong forum BUDDY!!!! Sorry couldn't help it..... I was born on Canada Day if that helps? :ROFLMAO:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Hellcat:
2.72 upper
E-85
Cat deletes

There are a HELL OF A LOT more mods that go into that setup and to say otherwise is dishonest bullshit. So list all the supporting mods you want for the GT500 you fear so much the list is just as long for that setup. You are missing the new plugs, injectors, fuel pumps, drive shaft, sensors etc..... I have a tuned pullied Hellcat myself. I can't say ohhhhh yeah its just a tune and a pulley.
That HC doesn't need plugs, fuel pumps, or a drive shaft to do what it did. Are they recommended by certain tuners? Sure.

Curious as to what sensors you're referring to though?

parttimer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
crazyweathertown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It does need injectors to run E85, anyway, where are last nights results!