Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

More road idiocy...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
So, long story short, run into this Camaro that has been running around town, loud (not the silver ass hat one - looks like he got nailed with a violation and had to change that laughing stock) and fairly modified (I would say). Guy wouldn't say much about it. He seemed to want to run in the concrete canyon here so I took off when he seemed ready and he ran but was not gaining so I packed it in. Traffic was around now so I cooled it, he obviously still wanted to go (but would not look over). When it cleared we had only a short straight and a curve and then a straight - he nailed it, I against my better judgment did too (about about 35 or 40) and the loose gravel on that curve sure enough caused problems (I divereted half way into the turn lane to unload the building inertia) and he had stayed in it sliding far outside. After that, he still wouldn't look over though he gave thumbs up, so I cut in behind him (there was a cross road perfectly straight with only one big down hill drop (from our direction) and no side streets at all coming up. He knew what I was up to and hit his signal too. We turned off, got down low, I had the window down and told him it was a nice ride and to go ahead and hit it. He paused for a second and told him again, go ahead and go. So he nailed that thing like it owed him money - he has a good traction set up too. So he got about a full half-car length with clean start (we were probably at 20 mph or so) and I spun some but started to over take (but not like a freight train). As we passed into triple digits the Charger was overtaking pretty good and my money would have been at the lights we would have edged him out but, as we got up about even his rear wheels he let off (I can't imagine it just suddenly let off steam like that otherwise). So, my verdict is Charger would have taken the win up top. I wanted to know about his gearing as he seemed extra hot down low but when I asked, he asked "what" again, and then only said it was an A8. Anyway, I told him it was a nice ride (though I did not say it was not to my taste particularly) and went on about my business.

I will say as we came up to that down hill drop at over XXX there was some float in the chassis and I could imagine losing control there if you weren't on top of it.

Stupid.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So, long story short, run into this Camaro that has been running around town, loud (not the silver ass hat one - looks like he got nailed with a violation and had to change that laughing stock) and fairly modified (I would say). Guy wouldn't say much about it. He seemed to want to run in the concrete canyon here so I took off when he seemed ready and he ran but was not gaining so I packed it in. Traffic was around now so I cooled it, he obviously still wanted to go (but would not look over). When it cleared we had only a short straight and a curve and then a straight - he nailed it, I against my better judgment did too (about about 35 or 40) and the loose gravel on that curve sure enough caused problems (I divereted half way into the turn lane to unload the building inertia) and he had stayed in it sliding far outside. After that, he still wouldn't look over though he gave thumbs up, so I cut in behind him (there was a cross road perfectly straight with only one big down hill drop (from our direction) and no side streets at all coming up. He knew what I was up to and hit his signal too. We turned off, got down low, I had the window down and told him it was a nice ride and to go ahead and hit it. He paused for a second and told him again, go ahead and go. So he nailed that thing like it owed him money - he has a good traction set up too. So he got about a full half-car length with clean start (we were probably at 20 mph or so) and I spun some but started to over take (but not like a freight train). As we passed into triple digits the Charger was overtaking pretty good and my money would have been at the lights we would have edged him out but, as we got up about even his rear wheels he let off (I can't imagine it just suddenly let off steam like that otherwise). So, my verdict is Charger would have taken the win up top. I wanted to know about his gearing as he seemed extra hot down low but when I asked, he asked "what" again, and then only said it was an A8. Anyway, I told him it was a nice ride (though I did not say it was not to my taste particularly) and went on about my business.

I will say as we came up to that down hill drop at over XXX there was some float in the chassis and I could imagine losing control there if you weren't on top of it.

Stupid.
Hell...It aint stupid...if it was stupid everybody would be doin it...you paid for the privilege ...it was included in the cost of your car....just be glad everyone doesn't own one...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Stupid.

@Magnified

Would you hold it against me if I suggested an occasional use of the Carriage Return? :unsure:

:p;)

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Stupid.
did you have fun?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
@Magnified

Would you hold it against me if I suggested an occasional use of the Carriage Return? :unsure:

:p;)
OMG....you realize that only us old coots know what that is right?

for you young folks....google it :p

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I was reading it on a phone, so the carriage return did not occur to me. Damn some of us are old. I learned on a damn manual typewriter in the Air Force! Ah, we still had dial phones too! Just were getting into “Xerox” copying!! I’ll stop.

So anyway @Magnified brother good story. Sounds more than exciting sliding on gravel, I have been in the grass at over 75! They slide, and slide, and slide, if anything is in the way they hit them. Be careful my friend. Like we have found out, our cars ARE very good at pulling away at those speeds. Damn unfortunate it takes that long!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was reading it on a phone, so the carriage return did not occur to me. Damn some of us are old. I learned on a damn manual typewriter in the Air Force! Ah, we still had dial phones too! Just were getting into “Xerox” copying!! I’ll stop.

So anyway @Magnified brother good story. Sounds more than exciting sliding on gravel, I have been in the grass at over 75! They slide, and slide, and slide, if anything is in the way they hit them. Be careful my friend. Like we have found out, our cars ARE very good at pulling away at those speeds. Damn unfortunate it takes that long!
We've shared experiences...told stories...admonished some...warned others...and in general promoted responsible operation.....so time to cut the BS...is there anybody out there that has never seen triple digits with one of these???

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
It's rare that I don't sneak into the 1's

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Love this..."So he nailed that thing like it owed him money..." Another great story Magnified.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It's rare that I don't sneak into the 1's
Which is a flagrant disregard for V&T laws in every state...irresponsible ...dangerous..juvenile ..reckless and more....so much more...its an exhilarating rush...that never gets old..its sensual..the sights and sounds...on tap at your beckon call...in mere seconds..and above all...it makes you feel f*ckin cool..and we all know it......but aint one of us...that's responsible...none

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Love this..."So he nailed that thing like it owed him money..." Another great story Magnified.
that made me laugh too when I read it.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Oh the stories and they are great stories Magnified and each time I read them I think of this:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Need a new section titled: "Storytime with Magnified"

I enjoy your stories @Magnified.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Need a new section titled: "Storytime with Magnified"

I enjoy your stories @Magnified.
oh hell yeah....let me grab my blankey and my binky first :LOL:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I always think there is a Chapter 1 and then Chapter 2....etc lol.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Which is a flagrant disregard for V&T laws in every state...irresponsible ...dangerous..juvenile ..reckless and more....so much more...its an exhilarating rush...that never gets old..its sensual..the sights and sounds...on tap at your beckon call...in mere seconds..and above all...it makes you feel f*ckin cool..and we all know it......but aint one of us...that's responsible...none

No no no, I really meant the 1's...

As in 1, 2, 3, 4... all the way up to 9.

:)

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I don't know about you all, but I love it when magnified takes a drive and reports back. He is like our forum Paul Harvey. " I took the hellcat out.........., and now you know the rest of the story."

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

manual typewriter.....check
rotory dial phone...check
lawn darts.....check

but here's one of the best of all.....

freshly printed dittos....right off the machine still damp from the solvent......I don't think anyone who ever smelled those will forget it

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
manual typewriter.....check
rotory dial phone...check
lawn darts.....check

but here's one of the best of all.....

freshly printed dittos....right off the machine still damp from the solvent......I don't think anyone who ever smelled those will forget it

RIGHT!

Even in 3rd Grade!

We knew even then, being WAY too young, fresh copies were FUN!