Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Move over Hellaphant, 1150hp DSR

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I am sure this can go in amany of different ways if you want to spin it. Mine, twin turbos, but spin in the transmission, rear end, belts, tuining, E85,, Like a Harley you start sticking chrome on it and never get finished. Then have to purchase a witch to apply semi chrome polish by the gallons ever time it rained. Not worth having her around, or him, but I don't spend that way. $$ wize of course.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I don’t think they’ll have any issues selling the first run of 20. Pricey but you get what you pay for and the engine sounds bulletproof plus you 2 well known performance guys in Don & AJ👍

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
A lot of money, but a lot of Engine and credentials/names building it. Willing to bet they appear faster than the Hellaphant. But I noticed it’s not an aluminum block, it’s listed as the high nickel cast iron. They make use of new 3.0 liter Whipple.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ok, whom wants an all um inium block head to warp una heat?? Not mee ster. Nope. 1 blown head gasket from the wrong date. Big bucks in the way.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Back to the Sir Speedy and Hickster fer Spokes Person thread. Oh that one not hit the presses yet. Just wait on Duamond Dolls web site.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Hick, I would take a gen 2 426 Hemi block all day. Note I said gen 2. Proper selection of block, internals, and assembly would be able to make more power that would stay together, yes including the most robust gen 3.

I know the focus of this thread is on the new gen 3. I would not turn my nose up at a gen 3 aluminum 426 Hellaphant block if all the internals, bolt ons and money were readily available, both of those can be hard to come by. And yes aluminum can be tricky to deal with, and special precautions need to be observed when wrenching on one.

Edit, I meant to include a modern day version of the gen 2 hemi block, depending on the variant/selection block, they can handle absolutely gobs of power and stay together if careful selection of parts, quality machine work, proper assembly are used. I dare say the power ceiling would be much higher than the capability of gen 3 hemis on steroids.

Last edited:

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Wondering if they will ever have aluminum hemi blocks for sale?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Cool motor.
Seems to be a bit excessive in the price department

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Lot of money but that power with 93 octane is sweet. I do think for that kind of money one could make more power, or same power at less of a cost moding to get there.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Nope too expensive,, will warp in Florida sonshihe. Had 1st car, 64 cutlass, aluminium heads, 16 years dumb ster. Did snot know what one had. Dumb as the pieces of ass I had in there. 1 millions worth at the presents days worth. At the time gas $$$. 2 gals married to the wrong guys. Dottie and Gale rode to HS every day and they are still alive today. There looser husbands are not so lucky. 1 dead, not by me, 1 is mentally handicap not by me. But I cut both loose as fee an says #8 and #9. Hickster,, Speedster fer prez.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm glad to see more options coming out, pricey, but still cool. What's got me scratching my head is how you make that kinda power on 93. Most everything I've ever seen suggests 93 gives up around 800HP but that's wheel I think. This would be 900+ wheel. Maybe the extra cubes and the Whipple make it possible.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
My guess extra ci displacement along with the new blower that has better thermal control at given volume coming in. Possibly enlarged oil spray on bottom side piston quenching the piston and intake charge further in an attempt to control detonation, more advance more fuel before it starts to detonate and pull timing and fuel. That is if it truly runs on 93 and will go the long haul with out coming apart. If it can do that power level on pump gas reliable then it is a remarkable achievement.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I'm glad to see more options coming out, pricey, but still cool. What's got me scratching my head is how you make that kinda power on 93. Most everything I've ever seen suggests 93 gives up around 800HP but that's wheel I think. This would be 900+ wheel. Maybe the extra cubes and the Whipple make it possible.
More cubes likely.
I've seen pump gas procharger big blocks make 11-1200hp

Its an air pump and there is a lot more air pumping through they cylinders but not as violent as say a 327 small block.

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
More boost and fuel is all it takes.......
To make any reasonable number...
The compression on this beast is damn near 10-1 to start...then that Whipple is a fine blower...

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I do agree with speedy in the sense every thing must be spot on with that power and 93 octane or detonation starts at some point. Any one can stuff lots of boost and go down the road with 93 gas, For how long, stuff in lots O boost, it will start pulling timing with STK, if the engine nannies are squelched to much you will pay the price. Very special balance and very few are doing that power level with 93 octane. I did notice there is no implied warranty and 38K

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I do agree with speedy in the sense every thing must be spot on with that power and 93 octane or detonation starts at some point. Any one can stuff lots of boost and go down the road with 93 gas, For how long, stuff in lots O boost, it will start pulling timing with STK, if the engine nannies are squelched to much you will pay the price. Very special balance and very few are doing that power level with 93 octane. I did notice there is no implied warranty and 38K
For that kind of money...and the specialized application ...(doubt it's a dd option)..I doubt many will leave it to chance and just run 93...I know I wouldn't..

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Yep, splash of race gas, for piece of mind.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Great motor, steep price. But well made.