Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My solution to the Demon170 allocation and ADM problem.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
We have two significant problems with the Demon170

• Demon owners were lied to about Dodge never producing the Demon again.
  • Dealerships are abusing the Marketplace with ridiculous ADM

This plan will require a modest increase in planned production, but far less than previous years where HCs alone approached ~20,000-30,000 units.

~8,000-10,000 Demon170 units should do nicely

Demon owners get a voucher for access to EP pricing direct from Dodge (via the dealership of their choice). They get front of the line production scheduling. Their allocations come from the total units produced.​

This is as much as Dodge can, and should, do for reconciliation for their promise.

While I can't say for certain how many units would satisfy this demand, I would hazard 1,500-2,000 would get this done.

Demon owners have April to place their orders, This leaves May for the general public to place orders.

This leaves us with as many as 8,000 units for the open market. These get produced on a HONEST, MSRP first, higher sales prices LAST.​

This should bring the ADM into check, for the two obvious reasons, increased production/availability, AND the very REAL threat of a lost sale because 31Dec23 rolls around and all of the consequences that go with that.

If Dodge doesn't want to completely burn its bridges, they essentially have little choice to do SOMETHING, this idea, or something, but doing nothing is a problem.

If Dodge thinks they are immune to the forces of their base customers, I believe they will find out the hard way. There are plenty of examples of other companies that have felt the wrath of customers, FOR FAR LESS THAN THIS...

Last edited:
OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #2
@DodgeCares

You know, pass it along, thanks.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lenexa
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 dodge demon
"I'm kinda torn, disappointed..... I've never considered other cars, suvs or trucks, ever! Wife is getting her grand wagoneer to replace grand cherokee here few weeks will ship. I drive a limited cummins ordered last year. And have multiple cummins for work aswell. A Demon to play with. I've Been a mopar o no car guy for ever .... ...it's kinda like having a favorite football team, you stick with them through it all.

I wanna feel proud of what I drive, always feel that when I'm in them, ..... kinda hard to be proud when feel completely lied to, really sucks. then friends people asking me I thought they weren't making any more, kinda embarrassing. I was naive I guess to believe what Tim. K. Said numerous times.
Even now, think I'll pay the adm and try to get matching demon...... but sure feels fu**ed up. If a law suits start, oh I'm joining, yea i know won't go anywhere. The very least they could have done to original demon owners that still have thier car from the beginning. Give them an allocation, and let them buy at whatever dealership they want at msrp. I can honestly say don't think I'll be a mopar no car guy. When the next big thing comes out from other brands, for the first time ever I'll consider elsewhere "

(Posted similar on other site, new here, just heard about this place, but many people I remember from over there)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
We have two significant problems with the Demon170

• Demon owners were lied to about Dodge never producing the Demon again.
  • Dealerships are abusing the Marketplace with ridiculous ADM

This plan will require a modest increase in planned production, but far less than previous years where HCs alone approached ~20,000-30,000 units.

~8,000-10,000 Demon170 units should do nicely

Demon owners get a voucher for access to EP pricing direct from Dodge (via the dealership of their choice). They get front of the line production scheduling. Their allocations come from the total units produced.​

This is as much as Dodge can, and should, do for reconciliation for their promise.

While I can't say for certain how many units would satisfy this demand, I would hazard 1,500-2,000 would get this done.

Demon owners have April to place their orders, This leaves May for the general public to place orders.

This leaves us with as many as 8,000 units for the open market. These get produced on a HONEST, MSRP first, higher sales prices LAST.​

This should bring the ADM into check, for the two obvious reasons, increased production/availability, AND the very REAL threat of a lost sale because 31Dec23 rolls around and all of the consequences that go with that.

If Dodge doesn't want to completely burn its bridges, they essentially have little choice to do SOMETHING, this idea, or something, but doing nothing is a problem.

If Dodge thinks they are immune to the forces of their base customers, I believe they will find out the hard way. There are plenty of examples of other companies that have felt the wrath of customers, FOR FAR LESS THAN THIS...
Tim lying to Demon owners...Not sure to what degree he (or the company ) can be held accountable..not sure Stelantis has to honor any promise made by then an employee of Fiat/Chrysler...and as far as ADM's go...not so sure the motor company sees them as problematic...no more than Ford or..Gen Motors does...it's common practice...

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Why should loyal base follow if they won’t be loyal to the base that makes them money.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Dodge will simply say its not a Demon its a Demon 170 so I dont think any judge or jury could say they are even remotely the same especially since the 170 indicates Ethanol which the original Demon didnt have at all. The name is different, the motor is different, the blower is different the whole dam car is different a lawsuit sounds silly.

Producing so few makes them and other Hellcat platforms just that much more valuable. I wouldnt want to see Dodge flood the market with anymore to be honest. They're were only 547 GNX's. 3500 Demon 170's in the US is plenty imo.

I dont see a lack of loyalty here. What stealerships do with it is on them. Its a high demand product. The suppy is low. No one else makes anything even remotely close to this so yea they're gonna be desirable and considering the car market is very high to begin with I dont know why this surprises anyone.

If Dodge priced them at $150k no one would even blink at that being its a so-called 8 second car.

Based on how much money the original Demons were and still are getting $200k seems to be what ppl are willing to pay. TT kits are already being made for these lol.....

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
@GNBRETT You make a great point about pricing. I was talking to another forum member yesterday. He’s definitely not wealthy and may not get a Demon170 because of the ADM fiasco. However, he said he’d gladly pay $25k ADM. His rationale was had Dodge priced the car at $130k MSRP he would have purchased it. We discussed how just a few short years ago the first manufacturer produced 1000 HP car was a Bugatti Veyron. What did that car cost?

I just read this morning that a new Yenko Stage II Camaro ZL1 will produce 1150 HP but will set you back $85k plus the donor car. Mind you, the Yenko is not a manufacturer produced car but a specialty speed shop.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #8
Tim lying to Demon owners...Not sure to what degree he (or the company ) can be held accountable..not sure Stelantis has to honor any promise made by then an employee of Fiat/Chrysler...

Whether or not the issue is one of legality is for the courts to decide if it comes to that.

The morality of it is what I'm suggesting that they have the choice to address on their own volition.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Like a roller coaster here lots off sensible comments. Just when I think I see it clearly someone sheds light in a different way. While I Don‘t like the crazy ADM stunts I do get that Dodge likes the fact that it’s causing big hype around the the car. That is probably why they did it this way and have no intentions of changing it. Only problem is they they certainly have antagonized a lot of loyal folks including me, and don’t have anything to follow up with short term aside from all electric. That could very well backfire on them. Huh electric backfiring.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Why not the Ferrari Superfast one clown down your way is asking $525,000 you would have change left over

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Why not the Ferrari Superfast one clown down your way is asking $525,000 you would have change left over
😂🤣😂🤣

No, I would be sleeping in it after the wife threw me out.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I was looking for Tim’s actual words when explaining that the Demon would be the last of its kind. I think his phrasing there, 5 years ago, should be taken literally… because I think he is smart enough that he isn’t going back on his word.
The reason this car is called the Demon and not anything else is because so long as it’s a “Demon” his words still apply and the Demon is still king of the hill. I don’t know that any special treatment is due (though their VIN deal implies that maybe there is some sentiment there) but without being able to find the quote from Tim, I can’t decide whether or not the Demon owners need any additional hand holding.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #14
I was looking for Tim’s actual words when explaining that the Demon would be the last of its kind. I think his phrasing there, 5 years ago, should be taken literally… because I think he is smart enough that he isn’t going back on his word.
The reason this car is called the Demon and not anything else is because so long as it’s a “Demon” his words still apply and the Demon is still king of the hill. I don’t know that any special treatment is due (though their VIN deal implies that maybe there is some sentiment there) but without being able to find the quote from Tim, I can’t decide whether or not the Demon owners need any additional hand holding.

This is the separation between legal and moral standing.

Arguing if a legal standing was broken might be hard, if not impossible to do.

But has the moral code been violated, in part, was what I was trying to repair.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I need to see the quote. I cannot recall it well enough from memory.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
This is the separation between legal and moral standing.

Arguing if a legal standing was broken might be hard, if not impossible to do.

But has the moral code been violated, in part, was what I was trying to repair.
The problem with "morality" and "ethics" is that it can be subjective and while you have your view of what's ethical or moral, someone else can rationalize or explain how they are being moral or ethical. You can have two people who both think they are acting morally or ethically. That's why you can't take your case to the Morality Court for a verdict.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The problem with "morality" and "ethics" is that it can be subjective and while you have your view of what's ethical or moral, someone else can rationalize or explain how they are being moral or ethical. You can have two people who both think they are acting morally or ethically. That's why you can't take your case to the Morality Court for a verdict.
Word of law but even that doesn't mean anything anymore. It's more like the opinion of the judge or jury.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #18

Absolutely.

The question here then becomes, Do the vast majority of people agree with this, or something similar.

Or is this in the minority?

Hence the discussion.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Absolutely.

The question here then becomes, Do the vast majority of people agree with this, or something similar.

Hence the discussion.
You should hear attorneys sitting at the bar and half hit in the ass.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Absolutely.

Hence the discussion.
I'm not sure the majority decides what's moral. We have to decide individually.