Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Nail biter, Redeye VS Tesla Model S Raven DragRace

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Just a matter of time before Electric will be king. What I'm curious about is, will all the Automatic fanboyz stick with..."But all electric is faster.." and jump ship...or will they actually stick with Gas, well because of the nostalgia?

I've been an 3 pedal man all my life, and refuse to go A8 simply because of the argument, "it's faster."

Can't wait to have conversations with all the peeps giving me a hard time about this when Electric is king and they are still holding on to gas....lol

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
In my dream world, I'd have both. I'm no fan boy or environmentalist but if the car is faster...I'll take it. If I can have only one fun car, then I'd be more likely to go ICE due to nostalgia as I did. Ideally I'd like a light weight two seater sports car with a stick, an automatic fast ICE straight line car, a big truck, a comfortable daily driver sedan, a classic car or truck, an off road camping or exploring vehicle and a fast electric street car. Basically ChargerChallengers cars except I'd add an electric or two. Unfortunately I live in CA where dreams are systematically crushed.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
To me, electric cars are like battery powered wrist watches in that they’ve got no soul. Idc how fast they are as there’s always someone faster.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
In my dream world, I'd have both. I'm no fan boy or environmentalist but if the car is faster...I'll take it. If I can have only one fun car, then I'd be more likely to go ICE due to nostalgia as I did. Ideally I'd like a light weight two seater sports car with a stick, an automatic fast ICE straight line car, a big truck, a comfortable daily driver sedan, a classic car or truck, an off road camping or exploring vehicle and a fast electric street car. Basically ChargerChallengers cars except I'd add an electric or two. Unfortunately I live in CA where dreams are systematically crushed.
Well said

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The Tesla’s time is the Tesla’s time no matter who is driving. You might as well put the Tesla on auto pilot and watch it go down the track while you sit in the bleachers eating a hotdog and drinking a beer.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Speed is important but, what good is it if you look like shit? I figure I got maybe 15 to 20 years left and it’s gas until
I die.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
The Tesla’s time is the Tesla’s time no matter who is driving. You might as well put the Tesla on auto pilot and watch it go down the track while you sit in the bleachers eating a hotdog and drinking a beer.
Good point

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Just a matter of time before Electric will be king. What I'm curious about is, will all the Automatic fanboyz stick with..."But all electric is faster.." and jump ship...or will they actually stick with Gas, well because of the nostalgia?

I've been an 3 pedal man all my life, and refuse to go A8 simply because of the argument, "it's faster."

Can't wait to have conversations with all the peeps giving me a hard time about this when Electric is king and they are still holding on to gas....lol
Agree. I’d take that logic even farther to autonomous cars.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
The Hemi really pulls on top.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah, but the Tesla is so much quieter! [paranoid]

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I hate quiet cars. I may not even have 15 years left if I don't get out of this hospital. Place is about to kill me. 1 meal aday at 7 pm. Tests all night long. No opiods at all. Brought my own,, bastards. No beer, just people mouning in the night. Gas for me unless the gas tax kills us all. Might not make it out of here.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Well, you know the old saying... You can't polish a turd. That's how I feel about electric vehicles. It's just a fast turd with no heart or soul or anything that cries I'm a bad ass to me!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
I hate quiet cars. I may not even have 15 years left if I don't get out of this hospital. Place is about to kill me. 1 meal aday at 7 pm. Tests all night long. No opiods at all. Brought my own,, bastards. No beer, just people mouning in the night. Gas for me unless the gas tax kills us all. Might not make it out of here.
First time I read this I thought it said, "just people mounting in the night." :LOL:

Get well soon, Ster. Keep us informed on how you're doing. Prayers.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I think you got it right the 1st time. Gots sum nurses around lukin for a healthy sugar pops. Breeding grounds.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Uh..... the spec sheet at the end says the tesla will run under 2 second 0-60 and under 9s in the quarter. Well, that sure as hell wasn't happening that night.

instant torque is the king. You can't beat it. If my charger had electric hub wheels from the Tesla up front and the rears still driven by the HC mill I'd be quite happy.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Uh..... the spec sheet at the end says the tesla will run under 2 second 0-60 and under 9s in the quarter. Well, that sure as hell wasn't happening that night.

instant torque is the king. You can't beat it. If my charger had electric hub wheels from the Tesla up front and the rears still driven by the HC mill I'd be quite happy.
That would be killer

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
ICE cars with good launch control are the same (emphsis here on GOOD launch control). But you loose something taking the human out of the loop (at least some times). Look at carrier aviation. Long ago they stopped letting the pilot touch the stick on cat launch - even give them a nice hand hold up and to the right to hold on to so they don't get tempted to grab that side stick. Then, after many years, they tried to apply it to landings and it was not as successful (interesting if you look at the history) and then compromised: the computer controls most of the planes maneuvering on the final approach but the pilot continues to have some in put. Think about what that means for car (and autonomous semis - get rid of that expensive person at the wheel) as well as for naval aviation. Remoted or full autonomous combat aircraft are going to be the kings. Just one example - human plane pulls 9 to 12 g's, pilot passes out (GLOC), grip on side stick slackens, power turn slackens, plane turns into one G strafe target, and your game (and life) are over. Autonomous or remoted fighter pulls 14 (or more, the airframe itself is the only limit). Nine times out of ten in an ACM engagment the auto-remote has a huge advantage.

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States

The plaid is not even being built yet and will have 1100+ hp no question it’s going to be deep in the 8’s when/if it comes out next year.

I’ll keep the hellcat and the other high hp cars, but for the price, performance and warranty, it’s an absolute no brainer.