Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Need Help with some Demon Questions ?

Rollieman

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hamilton
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
1. Is it mandatory that the PCM swap (808 to 840) and later on back to 808 including the Switch Module be performed only by the Dodge Dealership ?

2. Once the Performance PCM & Switch Module are installed can you safely "keep it in" and operate the car on 93 octane by simply switching the Module to 93 then when you fill up with race gas switch it to the 100+ octane mode ?

3. From what I can find, it appears the two "skinnies" that seem to be mentioned the most are the: M&H MSS-025 (bias) and MT Sportsman SR-6688 (radial) ------- are these both good choices?

Thank you !!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Not a Demon owner

1) I believe so, certainly for warranty
2) I don't believe you need to ever switch back, grade of fuel will determine which time the PCM uses.
3) No answer

Basically a bump for other members to chime in.

:)

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
1. Is it mandatory that the PCM swap (808 to 840) and later on back to 808 including the Switch Module be performed only by the Dodge Dealership ?

2. Once the Performance PCM & Switch Module are installed can you safely "keep it in" and operate the car on 93 octane by simply switching the Module to 93 then when you fill up with race gas switch it to the 100+ octane mode ?

3. From what I can find, it appears the two "skinnies" that seem to be mentioned the most are the: M&H MSS-025 (bias) and MT Sportsman SR-6688 (radial) ------- are these both good choices?

Thank you !!
I know that you can put the switch bank in yourself. Others have done it. You may be able to put the PCM in yourself, but not sure if the car will drive without issue. Likely NOT. I think I have read where Guys have had to have the car towed to the dealer after self installing the PCM. That race PCM will just have some very minimal base tune in it that is not specific to your car. At the very least you will get the check engine light. The dealer needs to initialize the PCM with your specific calibration by linking with FCA and referencing your VIN.

There are zero issues after the race PCM are installed. The car defaults to the 91 octane tune every time you cycle the ignition key. You only ENABLE the 840 tune by pressing the button. If you never press the button you can race on 91 octane for the life of the car with the Race PCM installed. If you DO happen to enable the 840 tune you need to have 100 ocatne in it if you are going to go wide open throttle. If the fuel quality is not good enough then the car will drop out of 840 mode and tell you in the DIC. You have to cycle the ignition to get the 840 mode back. The owners manual says engine damage can result so you should not go make a bunch of pulls unless you know your gas is 100+ octane (blend).

You can enable the 840 ANY TIME, you just have to be OFF the gas pedal to do it.

M&H is a good race tire and can be used sparingly on the street. It is not marketed for the street. The MT Sportsman SR is a pure street tire that you drive across country with.

MT and Hoosier also make Race tires that are a LOT lighter but you should not drive them on the street at all.

OP
Rollieman

Rollieman

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hamilton
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #4
Thank you BULL & DRAGRCR ----- VERY much appreciated !! (y)

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Wish I’d purchased the MT sportsman simply because it’s streetable.