Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New to the forum and new to Dodge ownership

OP
E
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lena
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
1968 Charger
Thread Starter #21
So big E, here's what I have. BTW, the engine comes with a flywheel; dual disc clutch and housing for a 2017 Challenger. In what instructions that come with the kit, it refers to the 2017 Challenger Hellcat as the vehicle application for any replacement parts you may need. I will post my cost on everything, which is less than suggested retail and I have not included the tax.

68303089AA Engine Complete $14,745
77072452-AB Electrical Harness, Engine Controller $1,931
77072493-AC Kit, Air Conditioning $309
77072492 Front accessory FEAD kit $556 (Alternator, PS pump, Idler pulley, tensioner pulley, belts, bolts)

I bought all this when they first came out in 2017 from my local (somewhat) dealer that I've used for commercial and personal vehicles for about 20 years. I found a couple of slightly better deals on the internet, but then you had to add in shipping and a truck with a lift gate for delivery to my home. One of the better deals seemed a little shady also, so I decided to spend my money locally.
sorry for the extremely long wait on a response. life got a little crazy we bought a new house so I’m just getting back to refocusing on my charger. Thank you you very much for digging up all the receipts. COVID has put some crazy lead times on part deliveries. I‘m 2 weeks into a 10-12 week lead time for my Ralley dash cluster from Dakota Digital and 8 weeks since I ordered my fuel tank from Aeromotive. I called to check on lead times from the Roadster shop to build the chassis and I’m waiting on a response. I’m moving the front wheels forward 3” which requires fender mods so there not sure on a time frame. So I guess I’m running it as is for this summer and will start the Frankenstein project when it gets put away for winter. Thank you again for all your input I feel much more comfortable that I’m making the right decision.

OP
E
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lena
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
1968 Charger
Thread Starter #22
Is that a 69 Camaro in the last picture, sitting next to the Charger? The one with the tunnel ram intake? If so, what's going on in the headlamp area there? Kinda hard to tell from the angle of the photo...
Apparently that was a California thing, which I don’t understand seeing it is a numbers matching RS. I has since been reunited with it’s original grill I’m told.