Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

No Rules

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but there is a serious lack of rules around here. :p

We are all big boys (and girls!), so if we start overstepping our bounds - please do not be shy. We come from a place that had great moderators, but also had a lot of rules that they had to enforce.

For example, I didn’t see a classifieds sticky or anything like it. Safe to assume you don’t need a price posted? Another common issue on larger forums is the “price police”... where if you don’t have anything nice to say you need to move on.

Promoting a product or brand without being a vendor? Bad idea?

How do you want to handle feedback in the classifieds? Would be nice to build up a reputation.

I think you get where I’m coming from, just making observations.

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thanks @Jack_Toepfer and you're absolutely correct, we need to established some basic guidelines for the forum and most importantly the classified areas which I think will start getting a lot of usage. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but there is a serious lack of rules around here. :p

We are all big boys (and girls!), so if we start overstepping our bounds - please do not be shy. We come from a place that had great moderators, but also had a lot of rules that they had to enforce.

For example, I didn’t see a classifieds sticky or anything like it. Safe to assume you don’t need a price posted? Another common issue on larger forums is the “price police”... where if you don’t have anything nice to say you need to move on.

How do you want to handle feedback in the classifieds? Would be nice to build up a reputation.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger

I was already thinking what you said. However, as a Buffalo, NY guy I am afraid that I have been brainwashed by our nanny governor into thinking that rules and regulations are necessary. Therefore, I choose chaos!

GenF-GTS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
@HellcatFan Im happy to suggest this for the forum benefit and my own, offer vendors 3-6 months free forum sponsorship, they will all be here in seconds.
We want to be where our customers are, hence we are here with you guys.
It would be nice for all vendors to come straight over and pick up where we left off on the other forum.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
If vendors post, they should not be allowed to delete individual comments; they should have to report the "offending" comments to a Mod or Admin and they determine whether the individual comment be deleted. If a vendor wants to hawk their wares, but can't/won't address valid issues maturely raised by members, then maybe that's not a vendor we want here.

Some vendor(s) (a specific one comes to mind) makes multiple posts, but deletes negative comments, regardless of how factual or how well documented it might have been...and on the "other" site, this specific vendor threatened to dox one of the members.

Dreadchild

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ludington
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Hellraisin Hellcat
I hated the classified post requirement on the other forum but now that i think about it more its probably something that should be put in place if possible. They did 40 posts before you could see it and that was a pretty good number. Not too high not too low.

Also this might be me just missing things but is there the ability to add a captcha to signing up? or a not a robot box? You could already have one and i just mindlessly clicked it but could prevent spammers as the site gets more popular