Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

NOTICE - To the Membership regarding political themed threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It has not gone unnoticed that the membership in large part is no longer focused on our cars.

Many of us have grown weary of it, despite, at least for me, my general agreement and support with/for most of the topics.

Some members have voiced a desire to leave because of it, and it's not just a select few either. We don't have a robust enough membership to start loosing a bunch of primary members and have a viable forum.

To the points::

• If you're creating a thread that is "political" in nature, it needs to be in the "Anything Goes" sub-forum.
  • If your innocent thread somehow becomes political, it will be moved to Anything Goes.
    • If your thread isn't about cars, or some funny cow slipping on the ice, or cat slapping a printer, there's a good chance it's political.
      • Yes, there are topics about cars that are political, but they were about cars first, so they may be ok... may...
  • If you can't speak without using decent language, don't speak at all. If you feel like somebody deserves it, take it to a PM, and even then, even if they are flat out wrong, don't insult them. Wait until you're offline and tell your friends about the Jackwaggon that you had an Internet Argument with. I had a whole battle with a member here and never once called him a Jackwaggon.

Those are the primary points, but they aren't everything. While I drew the short straw to get to post this, it isn't just me. You can still have your political discussions, they simply need to be in the right spot.

I'm going to try to take some time away now, but like crack-cocaine, the addiction is severe. So we'll see how long it lasts.

M-

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It has not gone unnoticed that the membership in large part is no longer focused on our cars.

Many of us have grown weary of it, despite, at least for me, my general agreement and support with/for most of the topics.

Some members have voiced a desire to leave because of it, and it's not just a select few either. We don't have a robust enough membership to start loosing a bunch of primary members and have a viable forum.

To the points::

• If you're creating a thread that is "political" in nature, it needs to be in the "Anything Goes" sub-forum.
  • If your innocent thread somehow becomes political, it will be moved to Anything Goes.
    • If your thread isn't about cars, or some funny cow slipping on the ice, or cat slapping a printer, there's a good chance it's political.
      • Yes, there are topics about cars that are political, but they were about cars first, so they may be ok... may...
  • If you can't speak without using decent language, don't speak at all. If you feel like somebody deserves it, take it to a PM, and even then, even if they are flat out wrong, don't insult them. Wait until you're offline and tell your friends about the Jackwaggon that you had an Internet Argument with. I had a whole battle with a member here and never once called him a Jackwaggon.

Those are the primary points, but they aren't everything. While I drew the short straw to get to post this, it isn't just me. You can still have your political discussions, they simply need to be in the right spot.

I'm going to try to take some time away now, but like crack-cocaine, the addiction is severe. So we'll see how long it lasts.

M-
Point taken...and duly noted...before you run away...I need some clarification...and guidance (see advice)...how the hell are me n ole Hickster supposed to figure out that whole decent language thing...I don't know what a sentence is ...and he don't know what English is...:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Agreed on political stuff to be moved to anything goes. That way a Google search won’t bring it up and have our forum found that way.
I am in support of the decision.
See you back soon!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I was alerted my rob schneider post was moved and my 1st thought was whom make it political. :(

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Understood and if we can keep it in the anything forum and keep it active that helps. And not arguing but the anything goes gets lost so most don’t participate. As far as member leaving that’s unfortunate but can’t see them being any more content in another forum. Hell other forums lock you down on the slightest things. And unfortunately it’s a true challenge for any forum to keep new interesting content. I post new non political threads a lot snd so many of them just die out. In general we are a very niche group of car owners and yes there is competition. The old forum to a degree had to sell out to a conglomerate of various forums to make sense to make any money. The owner of this forum is a very generous person being he puts up with a lot of non car topics and truly makes no money. Summing it up we as car lovers have a older platform that continues to sell extremely well. But many have moved on to other vehicles which more than ever are now available with substantial power. The Social Media is winning in drawing forum members away as well. The Word Press format we use here is outdated and others who may visit this site may not be up to date on old technology platforms such as this and maybe a turnoff. Doubtful but keeping forum members is a big challenge and always will be. The difference here is there is a select bunch that truly connect on their car and life beliefs and make the site fun. And if wasn’t for the select few then I’d rarely be here as well. Sorry to @HellcatFan if the political rhetoric has created issues and as @BULL has diplomatic as possible has mentioned the Political Rhetoric has to stop in the open forum.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I agree with your assessment and changes Bull. I will say that all the chaos never bothered me much because I’d just move on and not participat much if at all in the thread. I don’t do Facebook, but I have experienced a couple of forums that dried up because everyone switched to a Facebook version and again, I don’t do Facebook. Please, let’s promise to never move this forum there. Oh paleeeaase...

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Point taken...and duly noted...before you run away...I need some clarification...and guidance (see advice)...how the hell are me n ole Hickster supposed to figure out that whole decent language thing...I don't know what a sentence is ...and he don't know what English is...:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
You and Hickster just need to look to your elders for guidance. Although I'm not quite as old as Methusela. He died just before I was born. LOL

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I m still trying to find the anything goes section:ROFLMAO:

4 hours 18 minutes till beer

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I m still trying to find the anything goes section:ROFLMAO:

4 hours 18 minutes till beer
Just drive right across the lawn.......through the nice hibiscus.....don't worry...they're tearing it out tomorrow to start building the Newbomb Turk Memorial Library........

:p

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Just drive right across the lawn.......through the nice hibiscus.....don't worry...they're tearing it out tomorrow to start building the Newbomb Turk Memorial Library........

1 of my all time favorites !!!!

1626524458173.png

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You and Hickster just need to look to your elders for guidance. Although I'm not quite as old as Methusela. He died just before I was born. LOL
Curveman...elders you say????...were both so old we fart dust..

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I agree with Bull to a point
For me weather its politics, guns, Tesla’s…..etc do not care.
So I breeze through the new posts looking for Hellcat related content only. I do enjoy the humour and memes thread but do admit there are a lot of items I skip over.
That being said, I have the choice of what I read and as an adult will make that decision myself. Ive been on some antique vehicle sites which are policed so tightly that I have bailed out.
I was on one site where the moderators actually corrected spelling…..

All in all this is a great site which I do enjoy visiting to follow Hellcat articles. (y)

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Curveman...elders you say????...were both so old we fart dust..
Ain't it just great! Being around for the first muscle car era and now the resurgence of it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

sounded a little familiar but would not have gotten that one:LOL:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ain't it just great! Being around for the first muscle car era and now the resurgence of it.
Yup yer right...it was glorious as a teenager...and awesome now...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I agree with Bull to a point
For me weather its politics, guns, Tesla’s…..etc do not care.
So I breeze through the new posts looking for Hellcat related content only. I do enjoy the humour and memes thread but do admit there are a lot of items I skip over.
That being said, I have the choice of what I read and as an adult will make that decision myself. Ive been on some antique vehicle sites which are policed so tightly that I have bailed out.
I was on one site where the moderators actually corrected spelling…..

All in all this is a great site which I do enjoy visiting to follow Hellcat articles. (y)
It is a car site and I would like to see more content. I have done my best to to post testing and installs when I have them. Our platform is from a short period so it seems there is only so much that will be here. I think of the SVT Mustang site which covers basically '79 and newer Mustangs so a lot more to talk about

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
@Bowtie Guy, assuming you were joking? But for the newer members, Anything Goes section is available by sending a PM to @HellcatFan for access.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
The Anything Goes forum is a member requested access thing. Any new posts or threads aren't displayed on the main line screens, so you have to purposely go into the Anything Goes section to see what is going on.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
@Bowtie Guy, assuming you were joking? But for the newer members, Anything Goes section is available by sending a PM to @HellcatFan for access.
Nope

I still haven t figured out how to get these alerts LOLOLOLOL

1626526483126.png

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
The Anything Goes forum is a member requested access thing. Any new posts or threads aren't displayed on the main line screens, so you have to purposely go into the Anything Goes section to see what is going on.
Help a guy out would ya
[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.