Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ode to Hellcat (2015-2023)....

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Very well written.(y)(y)(y)

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
To buy or not to buy. I just bought one in June. Thinking seriously about ordering widebody challenger redeye to match it. I think I need two.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
They may not be made anymore at some point but I will still have mine, FTW !

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
They may not be made anymore at some point but I will still have mine, FTW !
Same here.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I’m keeping mine too. If I had the extra cash I’d get another one… charger re or ss🤔

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
the article is very well done , and sums up what i have been saying for a long time. Dodge and the rest can take their EV BS and shove it. The market doesn't want it, consumers don't want it, there are whole host of technical and logistical factors, and it's all politically and greed based initiative of the evil empire; the LAST thing it's about is the environment. C'mon, Kuniskis, be brave and grow a set of balls!!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
the article is very well done , and sums up what i have been saying for a long time. Dodge and the rest can take their EV BS and shove it. The market doesn't want it, consumers don't want it, there are whole host of technical and logistical factors, and it's all politically and greed based initiative of the evil empire; the LAST thing it's about is the environment. C'mon, Kuniskis, be brave and grow a set of balls!!

Agreed, all around!

; )

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
Dodge might be In for very expensive wake up call when they realize we don't want there electric bs.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Hoping to pick up at least one SRT car again before the ban. We’ll see how it goes!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Eh. I cant stand agenda articles. Not that I disagree with the sentiment but opinionated ranting articles bore me.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Dodge might be In for very expensive wake up call when they realize we don't want there electric bs.
Dodge won’t be in for a wake up call.. they’ll be shutting down the brand I image not long after they Sh*t can the Charger and Challenger.. I mean they’re certainly not going to keep it alive for the Dart

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
They are the Now Controlled by French hierarchy they like to smell their owns farts they just want those farts to smell like V6 Hybrids.. or have the Farts Churning out there Factories using Fossil Fuels and Stripping the land of Rare Earth Minerals to produce batteries for there Farts to smell better. Honestly in my opinion this whole electric movement is a Crock of Sh*t the infrastructure isn’t there and won’t be for even another 20 years even if we actively started building E-Charging Stations we’d need a hell of a lot more Energy on our Grid to even Sustain all these E-cars in Mass.. don’t get me Wrong I like the Idea of Electric cars I may eventually get one.. but trying to conform everyone that has a gas vehicle and look them in the eye and say your the polluter it’s a bit hypocritical because to produce batteries you still need Fossil Fuel consumption..

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Here’s an idea for global warming.. How about We Shut Down all Overseas Trade with China and produce everything in the U.S. again.. Bring all those manufacturing jobs back.. Imagine all those Giant Diesel Ships which do most of the polluting sailing around half the world to deliver us a mountain of Chinese manufactured goods.. But Nooo they don’t want to hear that.. it’s us the everyday commuter we and our hellcats and Ford Raptors etc.. we are the polluters.. Yeahh.. Uhh huh. Shut the Front Door ~ Green Wave folks have their head up there Arses. And while we are at it after we shut Chinese trade down we can make every human in the United States required to Plant 10 Trees in a Year... boom I just solved global warming in about a decade the air will be clean again.. And the whole greenhouse effect will reverse itself.. took me 5 minutes to think of this

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I think it's time for the Hellcat to end. I see multiple Hellcats every weekend when I drive mine. On the one hand it's cool that a bunch of average guys like myself can afford and drive them but the car just hasn't evolved. With a two year window to order one exactly how you want and with the ample used supply I would think everyone who wants a Hellcat and can reasonably afford it will have access to one. I could care less about EVs and will avoid owning one for as long as I can. The GNs and S197 Mustangs I've owned became more of an enthusiasts car after they stopped making them. Hopefully the same will happen with the Hellcats as time passes the people that keep and maintain them will be enthusiasts rather than people just buying the next popular thing. I think that will make the car more fun to own not less.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I think it's time for the Hellcat to end. I see multiple Hellcats every weekend when I drive mine. On the one hand it's cool that a bunch of average guys like myself can afford and drive them but the car just hasn't evolved. With a two year window to order one exactly how you want and with the ample used supply I would think everyone who wants a Hellcat and can reasonably afford it will have access to one. I could care less about EVs and will avoid owning one for as long as I can. The GNs and S197 Mustangs I've owned became more of an enthusiasts car after they stopped making them. Hopefully the same will happen with the Hellcats as time passes the people that keep and maintain them will be enthusiasts rather than people just buying the next popular thing. I think that will make the car more fun to own not less.
Where I live in PA you hardly ever see hellcats I’ve seen a few in like 3 years of ownership.. I do see 392s slightly more often especially chargers.. one car that you never see here is the new GT500.. Have only seen Two in Maryland during cruising car week honestly I’ve seen more c8s here than I have hellcats.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Where I live in PA you hardly ever see hellcats I’ve seen a few in like 3 years of ownership.. I do see 392s slightly more often especially chargers.. one car that you never see here is the new GT500.. Have only seen Two in Maryland during cruising car week honestly I’ve seen more c8s here than I have hellcats.
We don't see many C8s, Gt500s or HCs where I live. There are only a handful of HCs in our county and me and @Hunter have 2 of them. I do think their value will go up and they'll be sought after even more after 2023.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #18
They are the Now Controlled by French hierarchy they like to smell their owns farts they just want those farts to smell like V6 Hybrids.. or have the Farts Churning out there Factories using Fossil Fuels and Stripping the land of Rare Earth Minerals to produce batteries for there Farts to smell better. Honestly in my opinion this whole electric movement is a Crock of Sh*t the infrastructure isn’t there and won’t be for even another 20 years even if we actively started building E-Charging Stations we’d need a hell of a lot more Energy on our Grid to even Sustain all these E-cars in Mass.. don’t get me Wrong I like the Idea of Electric cars I may eventually get one.. but trying to conform everyone that has a gas vehicle and look them in the eye and say your the polluter it’s a bit hypocritical because to produce batteries you still need Fossil Fuel consumption..
My wife was looking for a new ride in 2019 and she wanted an EV. I told her the better bet would be PLUG IN hybrid. You definitely don't want to give up the gas option for another 10 years. I can see the world EV infrastructure starting to get in place by 2030 or so. Unless there is a revolt against the New World EV Order(c) between now and then!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I NEVER see Hellcats around where I live. Maybe once every 2-3 months and honestly I rarely see an SRT vehicle either. I do see a few 5.7L Chargers and V6 Durangos quite a bit.

@Illegal_Demon I'm curious what your wife's reasons were for wanting an EV? I'm always curious about that and I'm assuming being married to you she knows they're not any better for the environment, so curious why she'd want one?

Folks I talk to that have them have just been flat uneducated and think they're doing "their part" to save the planet, bless their hearts.

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
The platform is 20 years old, let it die so that we can get a lighter chassis with more power.
Good on Dodge for making a decent platform that stood the test of time, but it’s time to restart, not refresh.