Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Oil Leak

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
I took my Red Eye in for it's first oil change and had the dealer look at an oil leak I had and they said that I need a new oil pan gasket. So I asked for a part number for the rear differential with 3.09 gear assembly and price to install it. They gave me the wrong part number 68427796AA but a great price to install it of$1314.76. I then gave the head of the service department the number that I thought was the correct part number 68427799AA and asked if it was correct and what the new price would be to have it installed. Well that is the last that I heard from them. Does any one know of a good place to take a Red Eye in the Green Bay area for service work? They might have a good mechanic but the service manager did not know anything about cars and it scares me to take it there knowing the service manager does not have a clue what he is dealing with. HELP!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Just because they're at the dealership doesn't mean they know more than we do. Dealers scare me.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I took my Red Eye in for it's first oil change and had the dealer look at an oil leak I had and they said that I need a new oil pan gasket. So I asked for a part number for the rear differential with 3.09 gear assembly and price to install it. They gave me the wrong part number 68427796AA but a great price to install it of$1314.76. I then gave the head of the service department the number that I thought was the correct part number 68427799AA and asked if it was correct and what the new price would be to have it installed. Well that is the last that I heard from them. Does any one know of a good place to take a Red Eye in the Green Bay area for service work? They might have a good mechanic but the service manager did not know anything about cars and it scares me to take it there knowing the service manager does not have a clue what he is dealing with. HELP!
Sorry, I cannot help.
South MS here.
Did have a service manager ask if the oil cooler was an aftermarket item though.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
East Valley Az here. Sorry.

OP
Viper
Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
Thread Starter #5
Just because they're at the dealership doesn't mean they know more than we do. Dealers scare me.
You are so right! It scares me to think about how much disassembly will have to be done just to put on a new oil pan gasket:(

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Sorry, I cannot help.
South MS here.
Did have a service manager ask if the oil cooler was an aftermarket item though.
If your talking about where I think your talking about, they're not draining the oil cooler? Just curious, I have quite a few more miles on mine

Last edited:
OP
Viper
Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
Thread Starter #7
You are so right! It scares me to think about how much disassembly will have to be done just to put on a new oil pan gasket:(
Good news! The dealership had my car fixed in less than 6 hours. The guy at the counter said yes it took less than expected because they did not have to remove the super charger??????
When I picked up the car I was shocked that the ticking sound from the passengers side was gone! Just when I was so afraid to take the car into the dealership for fear they would make things worse, the ticking sound was fixed and I did not even tell them about it because I thought it was just something we had to live with. I don't know what was all involved with changing out the oil pan gasket but, I would guess they possibly dropped the exhaust???

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
WOW. All the way around. Dealer doing good job / would not have though the SC needed to be removed to change gasket / mystery - annoying sound fixed. Awesome. Go buy lottery ticket immediately.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Why isn't this covered under warranty?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
BC Dodge

i swear to god it wasn't my fault.gif

OP
Viper
Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
Thread Starter #12
everything was covered even the rental car, no charge and oil change.

OP
Viper
Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
Thread Starter #13
it was totally even the rental car cost me nothing but worry

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ummm...I kinda have a problem with Clowns..:cautious::cautious::cautious:

OP
Viper
Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
Thread Starter #15
Ummm...I kinda have a problem with Clowns..:cautious::cautious::cautious:
Do I trust them no, but they have me cornered. I don't have my previous mechanic he retired so I have to try and build a relationship with what I have. I am not feeling warm and fuzzy by any means I wish the hell my old mechanic would not have retired, he was an old racer and knew the ins and outs and cut through the BS