Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Original Demon Nitto Tires

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I was ordering a pair of original Demon Nittos yesterday and found something I wasn’t aware of. I’m sure you know the original tires have the raised Demon head on the sidewall. The dealer’s supplier told him the order had to be placed directly with FCA which I was aware. What I did not know is FCA is only allowing 2 sets of Demon Head tire purchases for the lifetime of the car. The supplier suggested storing a set for long-term value.

Has anyone else been told FCA is only allowing 2 sets of Demon logo Nittos for the life of the car?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was ordering a pair of original Demon Nittos yesterday and found something I wasn’t aware of. I’m sure you know the original tires have the raised Demon head on the sidewall. The dealer’s supplier told him the order had to be placed directly with FCA which I was aware. What I did not know is FCA is only allowing 2 sets of Demon Head tire purchases for the lifetime of the car. The supplier suggested storing a set for long-term value.

Has anyone else been told FCA is only allowing 2 sets of Demon logo Nittos for the life of the car?
wow...bet not many know that...they probably made one run of the tires...just to fill that requirement they would of had to run 36,000 tires plus or minus...that seems like a lot of tires to sit on...I took mine off and stored them immediately

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
FCA is doing some crazy stuff with Demon parts and that is not impossible to believe . Storing tires is like keeping a can of gas. They will deteriorate over time. A cool dry place will help with keeping them longer but rubber is one of those things that will change over time.The Demon was built for one thing and all 3312 of them should be doing it and enjoying what the car was meant for.IMO just get the Nitto tires without the head.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
What’s the price on a pair of these?

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #5
FCA is doing some crazy stuff with Demon parts and that is not impossible to believe . Storing tires is like keeping a can of gas. They will deteriorate over time. A cool dry place will help with keeping them longer but rubber is one of those things that will change over time.The Demon was built for one thing and all 3312 of them should be doing it and enjoying what the car was meant for.IMO just get the Nitto tires without the head.
You are right about deterioration over time. I wonder if anything can be done for long-term storage? I’m fortunate to have multiple Demons. I’m storing one. I ordered the Nittos without the Demon head because these are to race in Houston. Assuming the info is correct, I didn’t want to use one of my “lifetime” sets.

Speaking of Houston - are you registered for the Legion of Demons event in January? I think Leah Pritchett’s 9.65 may be beaten there. I went last year, ran a 9.89 and have recently purchased a single seat Demon to run this year. Bee Happy’s single seat car driven by Catherine Kosiba ran 9.70 in Kentucky last weekend.

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #6
What’s the price on a pair of these?
I believe I was quoted $387/each for the Demon head tires and 318/each for the same tire without Demon head.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I believe I was quoted $387/each for the Demon head tires and 318/each for the same tire without Demon head.
Thanks Demon

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
looks like the price may have dropped a bit more. ordered a pair Monday, and they arrived at the dealership an hour ago - $720-something for two, mounted and balanced. get the exact price in the am when I go get 'em, message was a bit broken up
a year ago, they were a little over $400 each, and took a month to arrive

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
If you aren’t getting Demon logo tires, why not get MT’s for better traction and probably less cost?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
If you aren’t getting Demon logo tires, why not get MT’s for better traction and probably less cost?
It's a Demon thing.....you wouldn't understand. :D

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Just a measly .02 on the idea of storing tires "long-term".

I didn't use to believe the idea of tires having a shelf life. (And I think generic tires aren't too much of a concern)...

But, I'm shocked at how much my PS4Ss have "aged" since I got them last year (or maybe it was two???). When I got my PS4Ss new, they were soft, supple and gooey, now they've lost a lot of that. Think dry-rot but not that bad.

But regardless, the compound of "performance" tires won't last for anything that fits my definition of "long-term".

An aside to this is some tire shops literally won't work on tires older than 10 years. Our local Discount Tires is one of them. As crazy as it sounds, they won't even dismount them! I experienced this with a flat-bed trailer tire.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Just a measly .02 on the idea of storing tires "long-term".

I didn't use to believe the idea of tires having a shelf life. (And I think generic tires aren't too much of a concern)...

But, I'm shocked at how much my PS4Ss have "aged" since I got them last year (or maybe it was two???). When I got my PS4Ss new, they were soft, supple and gooey, now they've lost a lot of that. Think dry-rot but not that bad.

But regardless, the compound of "performance" tires won't last for anything that fits my definition of "long-term".

An aside to this is some tire shops literally won't work on tires older than 10 years. Our local Discount Tires is one of them. As crazy as it sounds, they won't even dismount them! I experienced this with a flat-bed trailer tire.
I have not had extra sets of wheels and tires sitting around until last spring and now I have two extra sets.
So, if you put the PS4S's on and warm them up are they still not quite right?
We may have to start a new thread.
Longevity of tires.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)

I bought a non demon head set for driving/racing and took off my OEM set for storage. the non head set was 50% the cost of the OEM set. the dollar per head cost is high....lol