Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye noise, maybe just normal? Dual fuel pump?

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
11k in and they all do it. Flip your rear seats down and It gets louder but the exhaust is awesome at wot. I’ve been riding with racing tires as back seats since this shut down. :D

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I thought I remembered reading about the pumps being loud, but cant find the posts. Man thats an odd sound for a pump. With my windows up I thought the pickup next to me in traffic sitting at a light was a diesel or something until I realized it was me lol. A faint almost tiny exhaust manifold leak type sound like @VARedeye said. Goes away when you give it any gas.
Interior is not demonic or sepia, sorry guys lol. For me black leather with the carbon fiber trim/suede headliner package was the only way to go. Just oozes badassery. The suede comes all the way down the pillars, nice touch. Glad I got that package. Really love how these things are evolving. The differences from my ‘16 are many and I like them all, except the little mechanical toy winding sounding of the pumps at idle.
Yea mine sounds like an exhaust leak at idle, esp with rear seat delete and lightweight front seats.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
The beauty of hearing lol and since we just type and communicate we don’t know others voices and or hearing capabilities. For me and most of my family we have severe hearing loss issues. Came from my Dads genes side of the family. My brother is 85 percent deaf, my sister has severe hearing loss, my dad and of course me which really set in about 15 years ago which requires me to wear hearing aids. My wife was happy as could be when I finally got them. And Growing up the dinner table conversation was al over the place. To the point my dad comes home for dinner and says he went to the store to get a tool that translates half way around the table to my sister saying to my brother daddy’s getting us a pool and which then my brother is when are we getting it. My dad by the time says I already got it which in turn my brother looks puzzled and says where is it? Then my sister says no daddy is having them come install it which by this time my moms yelling to my dad tell your son your not getting a pool which in turn my brother asks why aren’t we getting a pool and then my sister says oh probably cant afford it.....as I silently watch the round table conversation:unsure:
So summing it up I have not heard this and glad I don’t:geek:

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thread Starter #24
Well I feel a lot better now. Thx people, love this place. I learn more here than anywhere else. I asked the dealer what he thought about the new Super Stock. Guy had no clue what it was. So here I am signing for my RE explaining to him what their new flagship muscle car is and that it will be available as a 2020 model. Felt like we shouldve been switching seats Lol.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well I feel a lot better now. Thx people, love this place. I learn more here than anywhere else. I asked the dealer what he thought about the new Super Stock. Guy had no clue what it was. So here I am signing for my RE explaining to him what their new flagship muscle car is and that it will be available as a 2020 model. Felt like we shouldve been switching seats Lol.
It's crazy! You'd think you'd sell a lot more cars if you knew all about them and had a passion for them! In 18 our guy didn't even know about the WB in January!

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thread Starter #26
It's crazy! You'd think you'd sell a lot more cars if you knew all about them and had a passion for them! In 18 our guy didn't even know about the WB in January!
I think people walking in to buy a Hellcat or any muscle car really, they‘ve done their research. They know what they want. The economy car person may not be sure which model to buy and so the sales person needs to know more in order to get them to buy. Us? Hell we sell these cars to ourselves. Dealers dont need to know anything tbh.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
7500 miles now, and after doing all the track running in June mine is feeling great. It’s been chirping the steam roller PS4S’s, and they are gripping! Pretty awesome hot rod to do that chit.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Did a search but came up empty.
So just picked up the new RE today and noticed at stops while running waiting to take off there’s a rhythmic spinning/clicky sound on the passenger side that my ‘16 Hellcat didnt have. Goes away when you give it the juice, even in park. Leads me to believe it’s fuel related. Wondering if that might be the dual pump noise that ive read about somewhere, or if I need to drop it to the dealer to have a listen. Sound familiar to anyone?
Don't know how I missed this but I've had the same noise from day1 last August 2019.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Only at idle? And does it go away when you give it gas? Just comparing symptoms.
I only hear it at idle. I was told it was the fuel pumps since we have 2 on the Redeye. Like youmy 2015 Hellcat has never done this.