Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Renegade HR 109 Unleaded Race Fuel

Member ID
Reactions
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
HellCat Challenger
Has anyone tried this fuel with a race tune?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Nope but I got juked into 110 race fuel that was supposed to be unleaded,,, but at $8.88 a gallon was bad news. Turned out leaded and screwed up every thing it touched. Even split it with 93 and tore everthing in it's way up,,,, 3 times. Great dealer and Dodge rep. I would not trust it. I had over $20,000 worth of work done on warranty. If not///// screwed. I would have it tested. Wish I had.

OP
FLYIN4D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
HellCat Challenger
Thread Starter #3
Nope but I got juked into 110 race fuel that was supposed to be unleaded,,, but at $8.88 a gallon was bad news. Turned out leaded and screwed up every thing it touched. Even split it with 93 and tore everthing in it's way up,,,, 3 times. Great dealer and Dodge rep. I would not trust it. I had over $20,000 worth of work done on warranty. If not///// screwed. I would have it tested. Wish I had.
Thanks for the heads up. Did you buy sealed cans of the fuel or from someone pumping it from a drum into your car or empty can? What brand was it? Sunoco? I also know some people who run the Renegade MS109 unleaded with nice results.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
It was from a pump at Sunoco. Like I mentioned I split it with 1/2 tank of 93 BP. Didn't trust em. Came right out of the pump. Some one placed an article on this forum of a person doing the same out of Michigan. Same thing.

OP
FLYIN4D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
HellCat Challenger
Thread Starter #5
Roger-that. When I buy my race fuel it'll come out of the 5-gal can, not the pump. Thanks for sharing.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Talk to speedy on this forum he uses renegade race fuel and very knowledgeable. John

OP
FLYIN4D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
HellCat Challenger
Thread Starter #7
Talk to speedy on this forum he uses renegade race fuel and very knowledgeable. John
Thanks but I’ll pass. He has yet to reply to a PM I sent him a long time ago about input and advice about using OST Dyno. I ended up deleting it. Found another cool member to help out. I’d probably just use M109. I’ve used Renegade NOS fuel in my old nitrous’d 1100HP ‘64 Nova 275 drag radial car, but it was leaded fuel. After I choose a tuner, I’ll use whatever fuel they suggest. Thanks

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thanks but I’ll pass. He has yet to reply to a PM I sent him a long time ago about input and advice about using OST Dyno. I ended up deleting it. Found another cool member to help out. I’d probably just use M109. I’ve used Renegade NOS fuel in my old nitrous’d 1100HP ‘64 Nova 275 drag radial car, but it was leaded fuel. After I choose a tuner, I’ll use whatever fuel they suggest. Thanks
I get dozens of emails and PMs a week so hard to answer them all. I put all the information people need on my YouTube channel as well, so things covered there I'm likely to skip over. No idea what HR 109 is, I've used Renegade RM 109 for 10 years and it's a great fuel, much better than VP MS109.

Last edited:
OP
FLYIN4D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
HellCat Challenger
Thread Starter #9
I get dozens of emails and PMs a week so hard to answer them all. I put all the information people need on my YouTube channel as well, so things covered there I'm likely to skip over. No idea what HR 109 is, I've used Renegade RM 109 for 10 years and it's a great fuel, much better than VP MS109.
No offense, I wasn't bagging on you about not answering. I know you're busy with your YT channel and probably get swarmed with emails, PMs on both boards, or questions/messages on your YT channel. That's why I just deleted it as a PM conversation; one less thing for you to answer. Sometimes a personal response is better than watching media if time allows. No biggie. I'm just use to tuning or playing with fast carb'd NA or nitrous cars. I've owned '09 Z06, '11 GT500 and '17 GT PP Stang, but left them bone stock. With my Hellcat its the first new-age car I've ever dealt with regarding modifications/tuning. I'll get it figured out. Thanks.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
No offense taken. Got called in to work today for a big outage and had some time to surf the board and found this thread. You'll find a bone stock Hellcat responds well to good fuel regardless of brand (I do like Renegade) and I'd suggest not using one with lead if possible. My 93 octane street tune is good for 10.0x at 137. I put in some RM 109 and added about 5 degrees of timing and ran a 9.83 at 141 as an example. That's the baby tune :)

OP
FLYIN4D
Member ID
Reactions
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
HellCat Challenger
Thread Starter #11
No offense taken. Got called in to work today for a big outage and had some time to surf the board and found this thread. You'll find a bone stock Hellcat responds well to good fuel regardless of brand (I do like Renegade) and I'd suggest not using one with lead if possible. My 93 octane street tune is good for 10.0x at 137. I put in some RM 109 and added about 5 degrees of timing and ran a 9.83 at 141 as an example. That's the baby tune :)
Speedy thanks. Correct, I won’t be using leaded race fuel or E85 in my car. I only have 91 octane available and then will use unleaded race fuel from the 5-gal cans. At this point I’m gathering various parts for my car. I have just about everything except a driveshaft. I’m waiting on the new revised CCI driveshaft. They told me 2-3 months before distribution begins; I’m on the waiting list. They’re supposed to be making quite a few revisions. If they can’t deliver I’ll move onto a Wiles or Mark Williams. Last but not least will be choosing which tuner to get me pointed in the right direction, plus I want to use HP Tuner.

One question. Have you been running cats this whole time, or using aftermarket mid-pipes? Thanks.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
For tuning I like Mike from OSTDyno and that's who I use as well as Curt from Dusterhoff tuning. Both are on this forum.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Curt is awesome guy and very personable, can’t forget track support also! John

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
I realize that this is an old thread but as a Renegade fuels dealer I wanted to try to make some clarifications.
Renegade does NOT list a HR109 as a fuel option.
I also wanted to point out that all of the listed fuels with a HR prefix (HR 93, HR 97, HR 102, HR 100XP+, HR 104XP+) are unleaded and NOT leaded.
We have been a VP race fuels dealer for years and after some serious testing on our dyno (not to mention a decade of testing with Speedy) we have decided to make the switch to Renegade both for quality and price.
Another added bonus for the ethanol guys is that Renegade offers several proven choices including - Renegade Pro E112 - which is 118 octane!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yep, Renegade fuels kick butt. That's all I use. I run the RM109 product which has a R+M/2 octane rating of 107 and is unleaded.