Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

RUBBER ON THE ROAD

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
So I was adjusting the rear mud flaps (actually the rear valance for a more consistent body line but had to remove ZL1's to work easier) when I was looking at my NT05's and noticed some real "voids" in the rubber. The wheels and flaps were off for the adjustment and when done took her for a short drive and re-torque on the lugs. Now the NT05's have performed well on roll on's but thus far I had never done a full hole shot.
I foot brake slightly then hammer down and let her go. Sure enough up in smoke sidewinder burnout. Now I hear all rocks up in the wheel wells on the heated sticky rubber. Didn't have room for a re-test and went home. When I got home there was a good indicator of contact patch from the cement in driveway and small rocks. The spread of rubber on the road is 10". But when you take out the 1/2" for each of the grooves, the contact is 9". And that's NOT including the sipes!!. These are 315's and look real beefy but that's not much actual 'rubber on the road' for an 800H.P. car.
BTW I'm running them at 24/25psi cold.

Attachments

Last edited: