Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Rubbing, need spacers

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Guys, drag pack rear tires rubbing slightly “inside front” portion of the plastic wheel wells, just enough where it’s down to metal..have track event 4/20. Thinking a spacer? Suggestions on good product please. TIA
Car 2020 Super Stock
Rims 17” Billet Specialties.
Tires M/T

Attachments

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I don’t know about the required spacer width but I believe that guys who run the 315’s must hammer the front wheel well ribs and hit the plastic liners with the heat gun. Might be a quicker, cheaper, and safer alternative for you. Also, I assume the wheels are wide body “spec”, which are different than the standard HC wheel. They do appear a little inboard, but that can just be an angle appearance thing. Good luck either way. Nice car too!

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Guys, drag pack rear tires rubbing slightly “inside front” portion of the plastic wheel wells, just enough where it’s down to metal..have track event 4/20. Thinking a spacer? Suggestions on good product please. TIA
Car 2020 Super Stock
Rims 17” Billet Specialties.
Tires M/T
I bet you have the wrong rims. With 5.25 back space you should not be close to anything even with a 315/50R17. Looking at that pic it looks like you have the wrong rims.

OP
WidebodyCat

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
I bet you have the wrong rims. With 5.25 back space you should not be close to anything even with a 315/50R17. Looking at that pic it looks like you have the wrong rims.
I do. Im pissed Ron!
Do fronts have specific back spacing? Thanks!

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
If you have the 18X5 Drag Pack front they only make it one way for the Hellcats (2.125" BS) So that will be fine.
If you have the 17X4.5 then you want the 2" back space. That is the one we run on the Demons.
On the fronts just be sure the balance weights do not hit the Caliper. On a 2020 Super Stock this should not be an issue.

OP
WidebodyCat

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
If you have the 18X5 Drag Pack front they only make it one way for the Hellcats (2.125" BS) So that will be fine.
If you have the 17X4.5 then you want the 2" back space. That is the one we run on the Demons.
On the fronts just be sure the balance weights do not hit the Caliper. On a 2020 Super Stock this should not be an issue.
Have the 18x5 with 2.125
SO PISSED about rears! Waiting to here back from Jegs! Thanks for your help/knowledge!
Guess my first track day will be on Stock rubber!

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I’ve got to think if you bought the wheels with tires already mounted from Jegs you may have a shot. If you mounted the tires before fitting the rims I bet they are going to tell you you’re sool. Pls keep us advised, good luck.

OP
WidebodyCat

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
I’ve got to think if you bought the wheels with tires already mounted from Jegs you may have a shot. If you mounted the tires before fitting the rims I bet they are going to tell you you’re sool. Pls keep us advised, good luck.
I spoke to them.. They are seeing what they can do... Possibly a $2500 error on my part!

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Have the 18x5 with 2.125
SO PISSED about rears! Waiting to here back from Jegs! Thanks for your help/knowledge!
Guess my first track day will be on Stock rubber!
They sent you a Drag Pack rear wheel. Those are only made for the Narrow Body. Drag Packs were never built on a Wide Body.

If your invoice says "Dodge Wide Body Single Bead Lock Rear Wheel", then they definately sent you the wrong wheels.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I spoke to them.. They are seeing what they can do... Possibly a $2500 error on my part!
That would suck. Good luck. @DRAGRCR so those wheels will work on a standard HC Challenger if 305’s MT’s were mounted?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
That would suck. Good luck. @DRAGRCR so those wheels will work on a standard HC Challenger if 305’s MT’s were mounted?
Absolutely will work. 17X10 with 6.5 back space Billet Specialties Win Lite Drag Pack. You are golden with a 305/45.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Absolutely will work. 17X10 with 6.5 back space Billet Specialties Win Lite Drag Pack. You are golden with a 305/45.
Great thanks for the confirmation. Thought so.

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
If you were closer i'd buy them off you. Good luck with the situation - made the same mistake last year and bought widebody wheels for my standard cat. Those did not clear the sway bar so had to sell before tires were even mounted.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I think if you know the fitment and you order a certain wheel, it would not matter if you did a trial fit to discover they made a mistake. If they actually sent the wrong wheel then it's their fault regardless. I think where I live if they send you the wrong wheel it is basically free. They have to beg you to get it back and still are obligated to send the correct wheel/product that you ordered.

So the OP needs to see what wheel is on his invoice and what wheel is marked on the box. Maybe the Mfg put the wrong wheel in the box or the wheels were a return and someone switched them out etc........But if he ordered the correct Wide Body wheel and that is on his invoice then Jegs has to make it right no matter what.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City