Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

second test day with dragpak 3000 da bradenton

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon

Attachments

OP
Marc0779

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Thread Starter #2

OP
Marc0779

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Thread Starter #3

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
That 60'..WOW!

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Super impressive!(y) Just curious if you will be running in a factory class?

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
It's good to see some time slips Marc. That thing is badass and looks like it'll sure enough be badass once it's lined out!

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Nice!! Looking forward to your progress in the future. I’ve been watching the 60’ times on these and I guess my first question is.... how much are those 9” tires a limiting factor? I’m not really seeing 60’s like I expected at that weight. Obviously a 3000+ da is going to drag everything down including 60’s but even the proven FSS cars at the NHRA races have been low to mid 1.2’s. Any thoughts so far?

OP
Marc0779

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Thread Starter #9
Nice!! Looking forward to your progress in the future. I’ve been watching the 60’ times on these and I guess my first question is.... how much are those 9” tires a limiting factor? I’m not really seeing 60’s like I expected at that weight. Obviously a 3000+ da is going to drag everything down including 60’s but even the proven FSS cars at the NHRA races have been low to mid 1.2’s. Any thoughts so far?
i had 14 degrees out in the hit ramping it in slow bradenton track is the best there is i did get a little loose in high gear on one run it was 95 degrees and did not push it to much i was doing suspention adjustments that did the car has more power than tire but that makes it fun.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Jeez! That's going to be crazy this fall in good air! Congratulations! That's one hell of a hotrod!

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
i had 14 degrees out in the hit ramping it in slow bradenton track is the best there is i did get a little loose in high gear on one run it was 95 degrees and did not push it to much i was doing suspention adjustments that did the car has more power than tire but that makes it fun.
How much total do you run?

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Awesome Marc. Glad to see it putting down low 8’s. With some tweaks and good air. Plus the other crazy shit you got in store, gonna be craaaazy

OP
Marc0779

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Thread Starter #13
How much total do you run?
20 degrees total,i am running it rich rite now unti i get the v300 installed with 8 widebands then i will start leaning it out i am only running 14lbs of boost rite now

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
Congrats on the great runs, Marc! Been a long time. Miss the half-mile runs. Did you get rid of your Demon?

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
20 degrees total,i am running it rich rite now unti i get the v300 installed with 8 widebands then i will start leaning it out i am only running 14lbs of boost rite now
Good deal. The 6* on launch and rich explains why it looks lazy those first 10-15 ft. It has a ton left in it from the looks of the vids.
I see that the rear leaves "flat", no separation. Does it have a typical 4 link under it that can be adjusted?
Lastly, will the car easily hold more tire, or is it designed just around the small tire?

OP
Marc0779

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Thread Starter #16
Good deal. The 6* on launch and rich explains why it looks lazy those first 10-15 ft. It has a ton left in it from the looks of the vids.
I see that the rear leaves "flat", no separation. Does it have a typical 4 link under it that can be adjusted?
Lastly, will the car easily hold more tire, or is it designed just around the small tire?
it has a 4 link but to the fss rules,the bottom bars are not adjustable top bars are and you can put preload in it it has about 120% anti squat in it now the rebound is as loose as i can make it i am going to need a differant shock,the instant center is way above cg so as designed it will never lift the wheels much i am going to make a bravket to bolt in so i can adjust the lower when not racing fss,the car sits very low and not much more tire will fit,i want to try a 275 radial and see how that does,the car does have good bight but then releases about 60 ft out i think with less rebound i can carry the front out further and try more power off the line.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Impressive for test passes for sure and sounds like it's ready to eat small children. How are these things tuned? Surely not a factory ECM/PCM? Sorry if that's a dumb question I know zero about the Dragpak other than they have a Whipple 3.0 supercharger. What fuel?

OP
Marc0779

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Thread Starter #18
Impressive for test passes for sure and sounds like it's ready to eat small children. How are these things tuned? Surely not a factory ECM/PCM? Sorry if that's a dumb question I know zero about the Dragpak other than they have a Whipple 3.0 supercharger. What fuel?
holley dominator very user friendly

OP
Marc0779

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Thread Starter #19

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
it has a 4 link but to the fss rules,the bottom bars are not adjustable top bars are and you can put preload in it it has about 120% anti squat in it now the rebound is as loose as i can make it i am going to need a differant shock,the instant center is way above cg so as designed it will never lift the wheels much i am going to make a bravket to bolt in so i can adjust the lower when not racing fss,the car sits very low and not much more tire will fit,i want to try a 275 radial and see how that does,the car does have good bight but then releases about 60 ft out i think with less rebound i can carry the front out further and try more power off the line.
Thats really interesting. I have the older Dragpak 4-link that also has a fixed setting on the lower and is adjustable on the uppers. My bars are shorter and unequal length. I have the separate springs and shocks as required back in 2016. I did what adjustment there is according to Mike at MPR and the anti squat this thing has is astounding. On the hit... the rear rotates to where the bars go immediately to the ground from a 4” setting and the space between the rear tire and the fender increases by at least 1.5”. The front lifts until the bars stop it and it feels like it would stand on the bumper if not for the bars. I do need to work out the preload on the track bar as the whole car is torquing over to the right on the launch. I’m raising the bar to a 5” setting because I think it is hitting the track little too hard and it might be better to carry the fronts farther. The 60’ has been amazing as it produced a 1.19 on the first time out at approximately 4200 lbs.

Last edited: