Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Should i keep my extended warranty

Member ID
Reactions
City
Campbellsville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 hellcat challenger
hey guys. Was just wanting to see your guys opinions! Have hellcat challenger and from dealer I got a 5yr extended warranty for 5k extra. My question is to most you guys do the warranty and keep it or should I cancel it and the 5k goes toward my car payments. My model is 15 and I do hear some issues could come from the 15 Hc

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
$5K?? Never heard of such a warranty. Is it a bumper to bumper warranty? Are you sure it has coverage for the mechanical and electrical items you might be concerned about?

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Wow, holy crap, $5k? Knowing what I now know, I would cancel that, and for $5 join PenFed Credit Union, refinance the Hellcat through them and purchase a RT 66 extended warranty from PenFed for $1,495, which is valid for 5 years or until the odometer reaches 100,000 miles; whichever comes first. This is a great warranty company and credit union and my third warranty through them. This warranty covers the same items in the original manufacturer's warranty, and the second picture states that, and also what is NOT covered.

I used to have a BMW and this same warranty shelled out about $15k in labor and parts, with the majority going towards a remanufactured engine. All you need is good records and this warranty will pay.

Screenshot_20191202-192533.jpg Screenshot_20191202-192707.jpg

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Wow you got raked over the coals. I would see how much you'll get refunded if you cancel. Assuming it's an FCA Max Care warranty there are reputable sellers you should be able to get one from for significantly less. I've used a guy named Tom Winkels from Hayes Jeep in Michigan. Not sure how it would work if you cancelled and then repurchased?

OP
Kitty_6.2
Member ID
Reactions
City
Campbellsville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 hellcat challenger
Thread Starter #5
Says have up to 90 days to cancel.. it's a bumper to bumper warranty 5yr or 85k miles which ever is first.. they added the price onto the total of car. I got the car for 44k and then was 4680 for the warranty and then 750 it so for gap coverage

OP
Kitty_6.2
Member ID
Reactions
City
Campbellsville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 hellcat challenger
Thread Starter #6
I did take the car in last week because stupid engine light and gas tank saying wasn't shut but was. Ended up being 390$ but I only had to pay 106$ was it. Everything that I come in for is only 100 deductable...

OP
Kitty_6.2
Member ID
Reactions
City
Campbellsville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 hellcat challenger
Thread Starter #7
$5K?? Never heard of such a warranty. Is it a bumper to bumper warranty? Are you sure it has coverage for the mechanical and electrical items you might be concerned about?
Yes bumper to bumper

OP
Kitty_6.2
Member ID
Reactions
City
Campbellsville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 hellcat challenger
Thread Starter #8
Wow, holy crap, $5k? Knowing what I now know, I would cancel that, and for $5 join PenFed Credit Union, refinance the Hellcat through them and purchase a RT 66 extended warranty from PenFed for $1,495, which is valid for 5 years or until the odometer reaches 100,000 miles; whichever comes first. This is a great warranty company and credit union and my third warranty through them. This warranty covers the same items in the original manufacturer's warranty, and the second picture states that, and also what is NOT covered.

I used to have a BMW and this same warranty shelled out about $15k in labor and parts, with the majority going towards a remanufactured engine. All you need is good records and this warranty will pay.

View attachment 7795 View attachment 7796
Holy crap that's the exact same warranty coverage that I paid 4680 for smh. Hmmm i think might be best to cancel the garbage they charged me up the a**

I mean I'm not worried about the price really but.... that could go toward the car which we drop less I owe which is nice

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
I did take the car in last week because stupid engine light and gas tank saying wasn't shut but was. Ended up being 390$ but I only had to pay 106$ was it. Everything that I come in for is only 100 deductable...
You might want to read the contract. I'm not sure if you can cancel it if you've already filed a warranty claim. Good luck

OP
Kitty_6.2
Member ID
Reactions
City
Campbellsville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 hellcat challenger
Thread Starter #10
Read the contract and I can still cancel but there will be a deduction where I used the warranty... I guess I could call and see about how much would be refunded back and go from there

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
For reference, I decided on (did not shop it at the time) a 7 year 60,000 miles bumper to bumper Max Care warranty with a $100 deductible for $2,200 or so. My understanding is you can cancel and will get a prorated amount back. I would get a quote for another comparable extended warranty and see how much you will be prorated back. See if the numbers make sense to change it or just flat out cancel all together. Mine has given me no problems since April 2018 and 12,500 miles...but I took more years than mileage in selecting the warranty. Let us know what you find out.

Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
How long ago did you buy the car? That stuff should have been covered under your purchase agreement for the first 12,000 miles or 90 days? I would talk to Didge customer care if I were you but I think you are out of luck. My 7 year is not refundable or prorated if I use it for any reason.

Last edited:
OP
Kitty_6.2
Member ID
Reactions
City
Campbellsville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 hellcat challenger
Thread Starter #13
I can get a pro rated refund even says in contract. Should I cancel the insurance if it was you guys? Pr tough it out and keep it incase something does happen to car

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I can get a pro rated refund even says in contract. Should I cancel the insurance if it was you guys? Pr tough it out and keep it incase something does happen to car
Depends on how much you will get back and what current prices are on other extended warranties? Only you can answer about completely dropping it? For me, I like knowing it is there for 7 years...especially on all electrical. My guess is you will want to keep when you find out how little you will get back. Don't worry about it...go drive the Hellcat instead. Guarantee a smile on your face.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
find out what you will get back. then get a quote online for a maxcare warranty from ziegler or another auth online retailer for the waranty they usuaully have you plug in your details and spit out quotes with options. some places let you finance for 12 months if that makes it easier. IF you rolled the cost of the warranty into your loan, whatever you DO get back will get sent to the bank and put on the balance of the loan.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Heads up to everyone:

The price actually looks good, the big question is it a GENUINE MOPAR warranty. 3rd party coverages have a lot of fine print and/or huge hassles if you hit something that requires major repair.

According to Zeigler, a 5yr Genuine Mopar Max Care warranty with $100 deductible is $6,500!! Chryslerwarrantydirect (usually cheaper than Zeigler) won't even offer an extended warranty to a vehicle that old.

OP
Kitty_6.2
Member ID
Reactions
City
Campbellsville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 hellcat challenger
Thread Starter #17
Zurich is the insurance from what the dealership told me this itsba genuine mopar warranty wne covers everything besides wearable items of course. No biggie I'm just going to drive the car have fun something mess it they fix it lol

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Zurich EWs seem to have a pretty good rep compared to most others.

OP
Kitty_6.2
Member ID
Reactions
City
Campbellsville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 hellcat challenger
Thread Starter #19
Yea where I took my car in to get fixed the dealership said that's the best insurance they have seen coming by for repair for extended warranty

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Zurich is the insurance from what the dealership told me this itsba genuine mopar warranty wne covers everything besides wearable items of course. No biggie I'm just going to drive the car have fun something mess it they fix it lol
Honestly, that is what I would do. Enjoy the beast.