Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

State of Virginia just halted all non essential businesses closed for 30-60 days wow.

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
If you read what is still open, it's almost everything. This shut down is a joke. Just like Ohio and all the other states that want us to stay home.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Agreed, our state, PA, is doing about the same thing, enacting stay at home rules for non essential work but I work for a company considered essential that wants to remain open but then puts out a email to everyone that if they want to stay home they can but will be charged all your accrued sick time then eat away your vacation time then your on your own as we have work so your not laid off so don’t think about collecting. Nice aye?? Mean while I know government employees that their offices shut down about 3 weeks ago and are closed indefinitely but their all getting full pay and benifits from the government because the government has endless taxpayer funds. Such SHIT this whole thing is turning into. Now the latest is this economic stimulus is only going to be for those families making less then X amount per year. And the ones being forced to shut down, the small business owners who can’t collect unemployment either. NICE, it’s 3 am and I can’t sleep either over all this SHIT.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
And guess what? Everyone of those government employees is wondering what to spend their $1000 bonus I mean stimulus check on, F n sweet isn’t it. Think this stock market crash effects their pensions and retirement plans?? NOPE, not one bit or one cent, their all hoping this goes on for months, and their not loosing ANY of their sick or vacation time, all being paid for by us, super sweet aye??

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Michigan did this starting today. I work at an office furniture company and they did shut down. We will get unemployment. I have been with them 26 years and it will be the first time I have been off for 3 weeks straight. I'm thinking of it as a vacation

We really need every company to shut down that does not need to be open to help stop the spread. I have been saying for weeks to shut down for awhile then reopen everything. I do not want to still be living like this in June or even May

If people would go to grocery store and get their things then not return for a week that would also help. Too many have it in there head we are running out of food and over buying. Deep freezers are up in sales which just goes to show what should not be happening

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Mass did it too. Very few are non essential. Even liquor stores are essential. Tax revenue you know. Have to pay do nothing state university beauracratic jerks you know. About the only non essential places I don’t see on the list are hair and nail salons. I work on a hazmat site so I am essential. More like expendable. Now get to work. If you are a barber you can stay home.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Michigan did this starting today. I work at an office furniture company and they did shut down. We will get unemployment. I have been with them 26 years and it will be the first time I have been off for 3 weeks straight. I'm thinking of it as a vacation

We really need every company to shut down that does not need to be open to help stop the spread. I have been saying for weeks to shut down for awhile then reopen everything. I do not want to still be living like this in June or even May

If people would go to grocery store and get their things then not return for a week that would also help. Too many have it in there head we are running out of food and over buying. Deep freezers are up in sales which just goes to show what should not be happening
Glad you can live on unemployment, here the max is about 600$ a week, it will be taxed, then we are expected to still make ALL of our insurance contributions back to our employer, so what’s left? $450 a week?? Knew I should have taken that government job 20 years ago :(

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I can't live on unemployment alone which is why I don't live pay check to pay check so I have money like everyone else should have in case of an emergency

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
It just happened in Maryland last night at 5 pm EST. Our Governor is trying to put together economic relief programs for small businesses so that don't go under. He listed out a whole raft of them, but I don't remember the details.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Mass did it too. Very few are non essential. Even liquor stores are essential. Tax revenue you know. Have to pay do nothing state university beauracratic jerks you know. About the only non essential places I don’t see on the list are hair and nail salons. I work on a hazmat site so I am essential. More like expendable. Now get to work. If you are a barber you can stay home.
My used car business in Mass is not essential. We are shut down.
New cars too. There are plenty of us who are directly affected. I don’t make a dime now and don’t see it as a vacation at all.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Agreed, our state, PA, is doing about the same thing, enacting stay at home rules for non essential work but I work for a company considered essential that wants to remain open but then puts out a email to everyone that if they want to stay home they can but will be charged all your accrued sick time then eat away your vacation time then your on your own as we have work so your not laid off so don’t think about collecting. Nice aye?? Mean while I know government employees that their offices shut down about 3 weeks ago and are closed indefinitely but their all getting full pay and benifits from the government because the government has endless taxpayer funds. Such SHIT this whole thing is turning into. Now the latest is this economic stimulus is only going to be for those families making less then X amount per year. And the ones being forced to shut down, the small business owners who can’t collect unemployment either. NICE, it’s 3 am and I can’t sleep either over all this SHIT.
And guess what? Everyone of those government employees is wondering what to spend their $1000 bonus I mean stimulus check on, F n sweet isn’t it. Think this stock market crash effects their pensions and retirement plans?? NOPE, not one bit or one cent, their all hoping this goes on for months, and their not loosing ANY of their sick or vacation time, all being paid for by us, super sweet aye??
As a federal worker for 19yrs with the DoD and with one of the service organizations on the front line of this pandemic, I find these 2 posts to be both full of bullshit, and angering. You have no idea WTF you are talking about, so please try and calm down and worry more about your welfare and making your situation better.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
My used car business in Mass is not essential. We are shut down.
New cars too. There are plenty of us who are directly affected. I don’t make a dime now and don’t see it as a vacation at all.
The classic lose-lose scenario. People whose work is dealing with the public want to distant themselves, but at what cost? No paycheck.

Are people who are on salary, but non essential still getting paid while at home?

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
OMG...you won't be able to buy a new car for a few weeks...what are you gonna do? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Funny and funny but can you believe the ADA got the governors from MD and Va to wave the law and they selling cars again no lie.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Funny and funny but can you believe the ADA got the governors from MD and Va to wave the law and they selling cars again no lie.
Really? I have friends that work at dealerships up here and their sales depts. are closed. They only have parts/service open.....same in PA.
My friends that are bummed all work in parts/service. They wanted some free time off :)

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
The classic lose-lose scenario. People whose work is dealing with the public want to distant themselves, but at what cost? No paycheck.
Aaaaand now the wife is getting laid off.
Just keeps getting better...

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
1st time I have seen the beach completely naked.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
1st time I have seen the beach completely naked.
...oohhh...you said BEACH...nevermind

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
I wonder if VA is going to give us a pass on personal property tax for 2020?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Aaaaand now the wife is getting laid off.
Just keeps getting better...
get down there and start collecting that unemployment she's paid into for years.