Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stock Fuel Rails, why they don’t keep up

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Those catless mids will make it a whole new kind of loud… they’re nuts.

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Thread Starter #582
Those catless mids will make it a whole new kind of loud… they’re nuts.
Ugggg, my neighbors already dislike it lol
At 1000 wheel on corn any performance benefits/gains going catless? Making more noise with no performance gain isn’t really something I want.

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
At 1000 wheel on corn any performance benefits/gains going catless? Making more noise with no performance gain isn’t really something I want.
Yes most definitely power to be gained. You will see a power gain across the RPM range and the most at higher RPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
If you got catless you can turn off Cat Over Temperature guards where the car goes into a kind of safe mode if a certain temperature is reached. Which means less interference when going vroom vroom!

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
If you got catless you can turn off Cat Over Temperature guards where the car goes into a kind of safe mode if a certain temperature is reached. Which means less interference when going vroom vroom!
The cat over temps can definitely cause some issues . It makes the tuning inconsistent because it dumps fuel at different times .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #586
Yes most definitely power to be gained. You will see a power gain across the RPM range and the most at higher RPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get conflicting reports on this. Mike at OST my past tuner said there’s nothing to gain from removing the cats until your over 1000 wheel? Maybe that was just EPA propaganda as that was in email conversation not voice??

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #587

Good tip, I log cat temps and never see COT protection become active.

Think Removing them would probably help with under hot hood temps as they do get pretty f n hot. Think getting rid of them and wrapping the down pipe would help reduce the temp in the engine bay?

The cat over temps can definitely cause some issues . It makes the tuning inconsistent because it dumps fuel at different times .

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I have been thinking about Mid Pipes to prep for future plans. I have just been worried about noise. With the mid muffler delete she already screams. I could careless about the car being to loud. But I feel like any louder the cops will start getting called on me.
I'm not overly worried about it right this second but they are getting harder and harder to find. My 3 year plan is to do a smaller upper a lower and then Piston and Rods since I know there isn't another muscle car I'd want anytime soon.
Are mids making that much a noise difference when paired with the mid muffler delete?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
It’s going to make more noise than power with the catless modification… but there is probably a little power to be had, I can’t imagine it’s “none”… but is it worth the hassle? That’s up to you. Maybe to OSTs point… the minimal gains aren’t worth the investment, not that there aren’t gains to be had.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I have been thinking about Mid Pipes to prep for future plans. I have just been worried about noise. With the mid muffler delete she already screams. I could careless about the car being to loud. But I feel like any louder the cops will start getting called on me.
I'm not overly worried about it right this second but they are getting harder and harder to find. My 3 year plan is to do a smaller upper a lower and then Piston and Rods since I know there isn't another muscle car I'd want anytime soon.
Are mids making that much a noise difference when paired with the mid muffler delete?
In my opinion that would be really loud ! But sound is a matter of personal preference.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
My HOA wood have alot to say about that, bastards. They doo already with me, Challenger 1970. Challenger 6.2 , Stangs Rousch, others Stangs, and pieces of s -- it sounding cars. They belong to SOBs that live hear. Crapsters.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Catless offer very little benefit and even way on up in the HP range are worth maybe 30hp or so.

Mine will remain in place.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I will hold that in place and raise youz in 1.

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #594
Catless offer very little benefit and even way on up in the HP range are worth maybe 30hp or so.

Mine will remain in place.
I will more then likely just put a new set on and trade the take offs in next month at the cat recall visit.
I wonder if cats can be wrapped?? Sure would like to try and get rid of some of this under hood heat since going shortie headers.
Opinions??

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I will more then likely just put a new set on and trade the take offs in next month at the cat recall visit.
I wonder if cats can be wrapped?? Sure would like to try and get rid of some of this under hood heat since going shortie headers.
Opinions??
Can or should?

Can't imagine why you couldn't, question is should you.

Getting "rid" of the heat is really only just transferring where it gets out. (Yes, I'm sure you know this)

Question is do you want it coming out in greater quantity elsewhere.

One of the suspected failures of the half-shaft boots is heat... So be careful about making the rest of the exhaust hotter than it already is.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Could cause the cats to fail prematurely as well.

Mike's nothing if not thorough :)

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #597
Well driveline is stripped out of her and Tranny loaded up in the 4Runner and ready for a ride to NY tomorrow afternoon. The Harbor Freight tranny jack makes it easy to drop the Diff out.
Now clean up everything spotless in the hole while everything’s out and start putting the new stuff in probably Thursday night so it’s all ready for the trans when it’s ready for pick up.

F680D56E-0F08-4A54-A34B-C34FF880CC93.jpeg D39CEBC8-6D48-4EE4-ACB1-60EF38449052.jpeg BD35AF56-0253-4C2B-91DF-EF830BF42BB8.jpeg 02844E36-C0F8-4398-99D8-A2F63B796446.jpeg 83F9C3F2-B070-4AEE-BD4F-AA0A66C19B04.jpeg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Burnt mine up 3 times. Along with gaskets, fuel pumps, rails, and every thang else. Thank gosh fer Dodge pays all under warranty x 3.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you’re anywhere near Buffalo, drop a line. Not sure which part of the state you’re headed to, but good luck.

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #600
If you’re anywhere near Buffalo, drop a line. Not sure which part of the state you’re headed to, but good luck.
Rockland county, opposite way from me then Buffalo but THANKS!!