Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stock Redeye Dyno

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
So I decided I wanted to dyno my Redeye to get a baseline before I start modding. Just an FYI I've seen Redeye's dyno anywhere between 662rwhp-711rwhp depending on factors such as SAE or STD corrections. I've read that STD corrections read about 4% higher than SAE. Also I was told the dyno I was on has bigger drums on it that create more roll resistance (I guess it used to be used as a Nascar dyno). The dyno is a Dynojet using SAE correction. After seeing the numbers it looks like a 15% loss from crank to wheels, which I believe is normal for an auto. Either way the dyno is just a tool, and I'll go back to the same dyno (or a SAE correction one at minimum) to get a comparison of power made after mods are done. I know some guys are dyno queens (Or get really concerned about numbers), but I have the only slip that matters to me and that's my PB of 10.46@130mph. This is just to be an example of what others can expect on a SAE correction dyno on stock power, and some helpful hints of dynoing.

I did 2 runs, 1 in track mode with killer chiller on and 1 in sport mode. The sport mode (2nd run) was a bit higher by a few hp. I put the car in track mode to let the killer chiller run, then bumped it over to sport mode just before the pull, so the a/c was off. After talking to a few hellcat owners, I pulled #5/6 ABS fuses, just in case. A local hellcat owners said his brakes tried to come on during a run with the fuses in. The car in motion with the front wheels not moving, might have caused an issue. He was modded when it happened, but I didn't want to take the chance so I ended up pulling the fuses just in case.

The only thing I wish I would have bothered to look at was AFR. I was curious what the factory AFR is, because I've heard lots of owners saying their Redeye runs very rich WOT. Next time, I'll make sure to look!

I've attached the PDF graph if you want to look at it (looks like it was still wanting to make power past redline, but I rev'd it to 6500rpm), but here are the numbers:

Stock Redeye SAE correction factor: 675rwhp/621rwtq (I'd guess it would make right at 700rwhp on a STD dyno), like others have already. My goal is 800rwhp or so and some 9s (mostly just want 9s, lol).

Feel free to post up your stock Redeye dyno charts as well!

Attachments

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Torque baby, everything at 3.5k! Nice.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #3
Torque baby, everything at 3.5k! Nice.
Thanks for pointing that out, lots of people get lost on hp and ignore tq (including myself sometimes). That torque comes on hard and has a very strong curve to it! I had the 2nd most powerful car at the dyno event (kind of surprising). Highest was a modded Hellcat, lol. Lots of cars that made lots of noise but made 300-400ish hp.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It is a blast to drive, plus the default mode is so, so smooth with all that power.

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Correct me if I'm wrong, but any dynojet can switch the graph (software) from SAE to STD.

Btw, strong numbers.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #6
Correct me if I'm wrong, but any dynojet can switch the graph (software) from SAE to STD.

Btw, strong numbers.
That is correct from my understanding a Dynojet can use STD or SAE corrections. STD is higher because the corrections are done with lower temps and better pressure, etc. Most believe SAE gives you more true numbers for your car, but the most important thing is to use the same corrections and preferably same dyno when modding and looking at gains. Going from SAE to STD when modding will give you false inflated gains.

Mustang dynos can only read in SAE.

I've also been on a Superflow dyno and they can read in STD or SAE as well. I never gave it much thought 10+ years ago, but I took out some old dyno sheets and sure enough it said STD correction on it.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Sometimes I think our cars are faster in sport trans than track trans. I had my strongest 0-100 number in all sport settings.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Don't get confused on what STD and SAE do. SAE takes in to account weather conditions. If you look at the bottom of your dyno sheet you'll see the correction factor for SAE is 1.07. It's just a correction factor to account for weather. SAE uses 77°F and STD uses 60°. If you look at your weather data, you're almost dead even for SAE.

This gives "some" way to compare dyno data across a wide range of operating conditions. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

I always ask the dyno operator to copy my dyno runs to a thumb drive so I can view them on my own PC at home. The Winpep software is free to download.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #9
Don't get confused on what STD and SAE do. SAE takes in to account weather conditions. If you look at the bottom of your dyno sheet you'll see the correction factor for SAE is 1.07. It's just a correction factor to account for weather. SAE uses 77°F and STD uses 60°. If you look at your weather data, you're almost dead even for SAE.

This gives "some" way to compare dyno data across a wide range of operating conditions. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

I always ask the dyno operator to copy my dyno runs to a thumb drive so I can view them on my own PC at home. The Winpep software is free to download.
So according to that sheet the weather was 69.88*F, SAE corrects to 77*F and STD corrects to 60*F. So since it was SAE corrections it corrected by going up in temp from the 69.88*F it was outside to 77*F?

It would be nice if all dynos just used SAE and called it good. Two different correction factors are annoying. STD sounds bloated for guys who want higher numbers.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
That's my understanding. As an example, my car made 756hp and 752tq in 57 degree air. SAE correction factor was .97. If I flip it to standard it showed 777hp and and 777tq with a 1.00 correction factor (no correction).

DFW_Redeye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Here go my dyno results taken in March. The runs look pretty consistent as there were 3 pulls back to back. To be honest, the dyno operator didn't seem too knowledgeable and I think he left the car in its default startup mode and not in Track or Sport. He also shortshifted at 6200rpm. It would have been nice for me to break the 700 wheel hp but i know it's there...and that's a little over 800hp at the crank so not bad for stock!

1568745946363.png

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
What if any correction factor? Revved out to 6400 I think that definitely cracks the 700rwhp mark.