Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Subframe connectors ?

Lord Hellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Barking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I have bought a set of matrix subframe connectors from Speedlogix. They have to be welded in. My mechanic voiced his concern that welding them in could weaken the floor pan around the weld and perhaps longer term lead to cracking. I said as far as I am aware no one has had an issue. Any of you guys and girls out there running these confirm that they have not caused an issue down the road

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I have bought a set of matrix subframe connectors from Speedlogix. They have to be welded in. My mechanic voiced his concern that welding them in could weaken the floor pan around the weld and perhaps longer term lead to cracking. I said as far as I am aware no one has had an issue. Any of you guys and girls out there running these confirm that they have not caused an issue down the road
I have not used these nor do I know anyone who has. BUT I do know this. The new challenger is built like a brick house and tied together real well for a factory car. If I jack the front wheel 4-5 inches off the ground, the BACK wheel starts to come up. That's RIGIDITY. Unless you got 1000+ I wouldn't even know why you would think there needed. At that point, if you were tracking it, you'd be required to have a cage and that would just add to the rigidity already there any way. (BTW your mechanic seems pretty knowledgeable with real world practical application experience, I'd keep him)

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I had the braces installed about 3 years ago and no issues here.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
What are the best connectors? There are a number of choices.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Oh man. My buddy is having major problems with Speedlogix over this.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
if you are in the 9's a roll cage would probably do more good

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Oh man. My buddy is having major problems with Speedlogix over this.

What problem is he having?

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
What problem is he having?
Problems nobody should have forking out hundreds of dollars. There's a dispute ongoing but once resolved the shit about them will hit the fan! I wouldn't order a bolt from them! A tiger doesn't change its stripes! Shame on those who didn't learn after their suspension debacle!

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Truth be told this is a HC forum and why it supports a Vendor that has sold inferior parts and been dishonest multiple times baffles me! People look for direction here and they are definitely not in good hands with companies like Speedlogix! I can start tagging people if there's any issues with my comments I will! There is a code here to look out for each other especially when it comes to safety!

Last edited:

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Ive probably read a dozen complaints to one favorable review concerning Speedlogix. I wont ever deal with them.

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I put BMR on mine. But I do road course, not quarter mile, so I can't speak to the effectiveness in that regard. I got them for 2 reasons. First, to just 'tie things together' and try to make the fat girl fell more like one solid piece. But also because they function as jacking rails as well.

No issues with the vendor. Took a while to get here, but I ordered them over winter, so no issues for me. Installed fairly easily. Only issue was 4 of the bolts that were supplied were incorrect. Bolts were coarse thread and required fine thread, or vice versa. Can't recall. Luckily my friend that was helping me found perfect replacements in his Big Can of Nuts and Bolts on his workbench.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Truth be told this is a HC forum and why it supports a Vendor..
But Speedlogix is not a Supporting Vendor here.

:unsure:

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
that`s his way of telling you he doesn`t want to do it.;) I also don`t think you need them. agree with coolblue.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
But Speedlogix is not a Supporting Vendor here.

:unsure:
That's good news lol

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
That's good news lol
Your hanging out at the "old" place too much homey..😂

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
So all the politics aside technically speaking on a low 9 second vehicle which mine is at sea level it would have a roll bar and sub frame connectors. I do not think the bmr ones would add more than 5-7 pounds to the car. And I need to lose 20 pounds. :)
On my old fox body mustang many years ago I had weld in ones. They made a difference in body integrity. Also when I was t boned they definitely helped save my life. Of course the fox body mustangs were pieces of you know what except for their lightness and going fast in straight lines.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Your hanging out at the "old" place too much homey..😂
Yup! Can't get enough of them Tire, CAI, and exhaust posts!!

PurpleCat16

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
So all the politics aside technically speaking on a low 9 second vehicle which mine is at sea level it would have a roll bar and sub frame connectors. I do not think the bmr ones would add more than 5-7 pounds to the car. And I need to lose 20 pounds. :)
On my old fox body mustang many years ago I had weld in ones. They made a difference in body integrity. Also when I was t boned they definitely helped save my life. Of course the fox body mustangs were pieces of you know what except for their lightness and going fast in straight lines.
The BMR frame connectors weigh around 50 lbs, you could save some weight and a few $ by just getting the BMR jacking rails as they tie the front and rear subframes together, and do not require welding.

Last edited:

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I went with the matrix connectors from Pettys garage. They are bolt on.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
When I went to town on my GTO I added subframe connecters / jacking rails and never had a problem with them (I don't remember the brand - BMR is sounding right....). I had concern with twist over time on the frame. Welding and I think one monster bolt on each side. Did not stand out, but people did notice. Car was still rock solid a week or two ago when I sold it. A friend and client who had a NA high power GTO eventually ended up with some play. He could turn left at an intersection and the weather stripping and the door would move enough to let a sliver of light through. Considering what this car is designed for, unless I was modding dramatically (like more than 150 WHP) I would not be overly concerned. You race guys, chime in with what you think about the chassis/spaceframe set up.