Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Subframe connectors ?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Sub frame connectors are not needed, I went 9.4's without a cage, no measurable body flex. Gone 8.6's with just a 8.5 cage, no connectors. If someone can find a photo of a hellcat twisting the unibody from a dig, please post it, I have thrown 1,150 wheel HP at it, it does not twist.

OP
Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Barking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
I went with the matrix connectors from Pettys garage. They are bolt on.
I've never installed the weld in ones I bought. The bolt in style looks a sensible idea. I fitted the Speedlogix front strut brace and that was a ballache as my tech had to drop the struts out of the turrets as it would not fit over the canted bolts. The Pettys rear brace worked fine.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Sub frame connectors are not needed, I went 9.4's without a cage, no measurable body flex. Gone 8.6's with just a 8.5 cage, no connectors. If someone can find a photo of a hellcat twisting the unibody from a dig, please post it, I have thrown 1,150 wheel HP at it, it does not twist.
ditto, no flex. Dodge did an excellent job and anybody with Subframe connectors just wasted their money. Check out the drag cars, they lift straight up & both wheels are even.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
You guys act like you had to pay for it.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
If you look at the factory Demon video announcing the 9.65 second street machine with both front tires off the ground by an inch or two, you can see that the unibody is very rigid. It makes sense that the Hellcat Charger and Challenger body’s are designed to handle the HP and minimize flex in the body or there would be a lot of issues.