Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tapped/fore dual pump installation

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
Got my dual 295 pumps/fuel hat in today.
move used rocks kits in scat packs before and can say the quality of this kit was just as good.
I got slammed at the shop last Friday and with plans of leaving for tx2k Wednesday morning I didn’t know when I’d have time to do the swap.
the wife was watching tv so I went and got started.
start to finish using flashlights took right at an hour and a half.
ended up breaking one of the tabs on the fuel sending unit but other than that things went smooth. On the single pump kits I’ve used in scat packs you don’t have to disassemble the hat.
min the hellcats I don’t see how you can get away without doing this step.
I fought the fuel line a bit trying before I went ahead and disassembled the assembly.

fired right up and everything seems to be working.
the wife’s car was in the body shop all week so she’s been driving the hellcat.
left me with about 1/8 tank so I’m debating swapping to e85 tomorrow.
not sure if I want to risk throwing a few gallons and driving like a normal person until I get to the shop and can flash an e85 tune (not quite 10 mile drive)
Or wait until the way home.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Metairie
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Charger HC
What did the kit run you with the 295 pumps? Sounds like you are out in Houston, hope you have some good runs and have the E85 tune right.

OP
white1

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
Thread Starter #3
What did the kit run you with the 295 pumps? Sounds like you are out in Houston, hope you have some good runs and have the E85 tune right.
I got the stage 1.5 with the filter. Should be $1700 I have a dealer account with him, but dont remember off hand what the total was.
Im in Baton Rouge Louisiana but were leaving for Houston on the 17th. The guy who Im going with flew to Tampa to pick up his hellcat this morning, so I imagine we will be taking his.

I havent really had a chance to do much logging on mine, but Im confident the tune will be right. Im just going to tune for straight e70 for now (what my local station seems to test consistently)