Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Temp Guage

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
I've noticed over the past year several people check the temp of say their supercharger, etc. What device do you recommend to check the ambient temp of a component and what are you checking the temp of? Thanks!

Member ID
Reactions
City
West Palm Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
18’ TrackHawk
Do you mean hand held devices to check temperature? Thermal scanners, infrared? Or gauges/tuners plugged into the OBDII port, dash mount/hand held.

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Thread Starter #3
Do you mean hand held devices to check temperature? Thermal scanners, infrared? Or gauges/tuners plugged into the OBDII port, dash mount/hand held.
Yes, definitely a handheld and I'm completely ignorant in this area so I THINK infrared. I'd like to be able to better understand external temps coming out of my engine bay based on driving/track habits. Not sure if that makes sense. Just putting together different pieces that I've read. Thanks for any thoughts!!