Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Official "I ordered" thread

HOWFAST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Honolulu
State
HI
Country
United States
Vehicle
97 VIPER GTS
Ordered a Charger Jailbreak in May/June time, (2022). The order is in BG status now, (OCT 2022). Was in BD status in August. The process seems to be taking its sweet time. I'm not going to get excited until I see "D" status.

Gus//

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Ordered a Charger Jailbreak in May/June time, (2022). The order is in BG status now, (OCT 2022). Was in BD status in August. The process seems to be taking its sweet time. I'm not going to get excited until I see "D" status.

Gus//
Like a kid at Christmas.
It will be absolutely worth it.

HOWFAST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Honolulu
State
HI
Country
United States
Vehicle
97 VIPER GTS
Like a kid at Christmas.
It will be absolutely worth it.
Only bad part is, to get the order placed, the stealership put a bottom line of $120k on the car. I will be fighting this when it arrives, if it arrives. I bet I will be out the door with everything for $109k, $110k. I really don't mind paying a $3k markup. That's no biggie. $10k or $20k markup..... its fight time.

Gus//

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
#3 in my sig below chrono summary:

* ordered 27 AUG 22
* build complete at Brampton, shipped to upfitter for graphics, etc. 29 OCT 22 (includes 2 week Brampton shutdown in October)
* shipped from upfitter to VDC outside Detroit 03 NOV 22
* car sat at VDC from at least 15 NOV 22 until 17 DEC 22 waiting for a train
* in transit on train and truck to dealer from 17 DEC 22 until 06 JAN 23
* 06 JAN 23....FINALLY arrived at dealer

so as you can see, the woke asshats in power in this country have royally f'd up the transportation system. I ripped Dodge a new one for my brand new baby sitting outside for over a month in Detroit as winter weather approached. What the heck was I thinking that I would have had it in November, maybe even squeaking in a cross-country trek to bring it home. Now, I will have to have it shipped. I just hope it's in good condition, or they will have a fight on their hands

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

* ordered 27 AUG 22
* build complete at Brampton, shipped to upfitter for graphics, etc. 29 OCT 22 (includes 2 week Brampton shutdown in October)

so as you can see, the woke asshats in power in this country have royally f'd up the transportation system. I ripped Dodge a new one for my brand new baby sitting outside for over a month in Detroit as winter weather approached. What the heck was I thinking that I would have had it in November, maybe even squeaking in a cross-country trek to bring it home. Now, I will have to have it shipped. I just hope it's in good condition, or they will have a fight on their hands

The differential housing is one place to check

Best of luck!

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I remember reading I think on the "old" forum about someone whose brand new Hellcat had rust all over the suspension components, etc. underneath...I have been having nightmares about that lately. :(

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I remember reading I think on the "old" forum about someone whose brand new Hellcat had rust all over the suspension components, etc. underneath...I have been having nightmares about that lately. :(

I vaguely recall that as well.

I've also seen more than one new cat with white oxide spots on the diff housing too.

HOWFAST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Honolulu
State
HI
Country
United States
Vehicle
97 VIPER GTS
Need to put a coating on the entire bottom of these cars as well as the suspension components.
RRDon - Congrats on your order.

Gus//

Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Oh, I forgot to mention, I placed my order on Oct 29th, 2022.
After reading some of the 'weather' related issues from the time of build completion to the dealer delivery, maybe it would be better if they didn't build it until after the cold weather.
I wish they allowed you to go to the factory and pick it up yourself. :/ I did that with the last RV I purchased. It worked out great and saved me thousands of $$$.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Need to put a coating on the entire bottom of these cars as well as the suspension components.
RRDon - Congrats on your order.

Gus//
Anyone use that Shark Hide product that Stacy David touts on GearZ?? Was thinking about try it. I had the dealer change my oil mid November for it's winter nap and while it was up in the air I went back and checked everything out really good. Looks great at this time but who know with these northern Ohio winters
http://www.sharkhide.com/

Oh, I forgot to mention, I placed my order on Oct 29th, 2022.
After reading some of the 'weather' related issues from the time of build completion to the dealer delivery, maybe it would be better if they didn't build it until after the cold weather.
I wish they allowed you to go to the factory and pick it up yourself. :/ I did that with the last RV I purchased. It worked out great and saved me thousands of $$$.
I was willing to swim across Lake Erie to Brampton and pick it up if I had to!! I live by Sandusky so its a straight swim;)

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE

* ordered 27 AUG 22

I understand your concern! I received my Redeye VIN, Aug. 02, build was completed Dec. 06 and shipped Dec 07, 2022. I was worried about the wintertime weather in Canada and the northern USA. Luckily, my Redeye shipped the next day and I had the dealer checking on shipment progress, numerous times. Finally, my Redeye arrived Jan 05 and we picked up it up on Jan. 06. I have since checked the car inside and out and top to bottom, no problems. I remember the cold/snow/salt, as we are from Ohio, wintertime was horrible!!! Luckily, we live in the free state of Florida and we can "Hellcat", all year long...

2022 Torred Red Redeye (The fastest color!)