Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Thinking of Selling my Redeye Advice welcome!

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Hey guys I’m considering selling my Redeye given that prices are at all time highs. I’ll probably get a quote from Carvanna first. Any suggestions? All I have on it now aftermarket wise are Drag radials, LMI Intake and a JLT catch can. Motor is Completely Stock. I’m thinking I’ll just remove the catch can and put the p zero stock tires on the front I have new Michelin 305 Ps4s currently on the front I can swap to the back. Then put the stock airbox back on it. The car has 10600 miles. I paid 70,000 for it all in. If you know how I keep my cars interior is basically excellent never ate food in it. Almost never any passengers. Only drink water in the car. My spec is 2019 SRT Redeye Hellcat Challenger Widebody the Color is Triple Nickle. Options are Houndstooth interior, Red Seat belts and .309 axle from the factory/factory option. I’m thinking with the Market I could get in the realm of 80k for the car. Thoughts? Opinions? I’m interested in selling the car because I’m thinking of going to the Dark Side… I’d like to Order a Bare Bones 2023 Shelby GT500. I really like the GT500 in Orange no stripes or perhaps Iconic Silver with Vinyl Black over the top stripes not 100% decided on color option yet. I’m still definitely keeping my 2019 pitch black charger hellcat that’s paid off… I still owe 30k on the Redeye.. The Redeye also has PPF protection FULL Front & entire hood (which looks immaculate not a chip on front or hood), wheel fenders, mirrors and behind rear wheel and under gas cap.. i do wash it at the car wash but it’s probably only been machine washed say 25 times maybe usually keep it very clean. Exterior I would grade the car Very Good Condition. It’s got 10,600 miles is what it is has been used but not abused (Only done a couple burnouts and Drag strip made 2 passes ever at about 9000 miles on the car it ran 11.12 & 11.08 at about 126-127 mph in relatively humid 80 degree air.. The Car was Broken in by Me Properly highway miles no B/S. Didn’t hit the pedal really till over 1500 miles.. but like I said it definitely looks Clean Very good outside the interior is Near Mint. It sits under a cover in the garage all off season.. only seen rain twice, never any Salt/brine I don’t drive it in the crap. Never sits outside my garage for more than an hour unless I’m driving it.. NO Accidents Clean History/Title One Driver only (Me) I bought the Car New off the Lot at Chapman dodge down the street from my Home in Pennsylvania. Had one issue at about 8000 miles I threw the Belt off the supercharger on an acceleration from 30-80 mph on the street. Issue was resolved took it to dealer new belt installed under warranty no persisting issues. Thanks in advance for any and all advice wanted and appreciated.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Take everything you can sell yourself off of it. Sell it for the highest price you can get. Simple.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
44C69128-7A23-4B19-B6C2-4CB757C0DD3D.png DD4A962D-E7D2-4082-8760-0EC6E818C7D8.jpeg

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Take everything you can sell yourself off of it. Sell it for the highest price you can get. Simple.
Thanks 🙏 for your comment. I agree

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Someone already wants the LMI

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You stated you think you can get $80K for it.

That seems high even in this market...?

Is that why you're selling it, or do you want out even if you only get something less?

Would you sell if you only got $68K?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I was going to say, I think $80k is pretty high, maybe more like 70 which if you think about it is amazing given what you paid. Stock or with a few extras - it seems you will get no difference, so go back to stock. As far as the PPF, you may pull a little more because of that(and with mods too) if you want to try to sell it yourself privately. And...I don't want to offend you, but I wouldn't share those 1/4 mile times or people might think it has a problem. We all know it doesn't and getting good times at the strip takes some work and practice, I'm sure your car would run low 10s like it should. Biggest thing holding the car back will be the houndstooth seats, some people really look down on that, some don't though and you'll need to hold out for a buyer who feels that way. With gas prices what they are, the sweet moment for cashing in on muscle cars may have just passed us all by. I would try to sell the Charger personally, you have the title and can private sell it easy, then pay off the Challenger and get something else if you want. Challenger>>>Charger and redeye>regular hellcat, everyone knows that.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Put it back 100% stock and put matching tires on it. Detail it till you almost murder it and then sell it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
You never know how the market is now and with spring coming could be a lot more buyers. The height was last summer when you should have sold it but you could still do good now. One of those online places didn't want to give @jonx96 anything for his when he looked into it a month ago so the market may be flooded

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Well If you put it on marketplace let me save you sometime.
Will you take 60k for it? I have cash and am a serious buyer 😂😂😂
Prices have come down. I would not expect to get more than you paid. You still see some crazy dollar ones out there but you can find better deals. Market is higher but last summer was the peak. We have been on a decline

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
You stated you think you can get $80K for it.

That seems high even in this market...?

Is that why you're selling it, or do you want out even if you only get something less?

Would you sell if you only got $68K?
No not 68k. But I’d probably do 75K. I was thinking put it up for 77k. One person said carvanna will offer Me ballpark mid 70s. Private sale could potentially get almost 80k

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
I was going to say, I think $80k is pretty high, maybe more like 70 which if you think about it is amazing given what you paid. Stock or with a few extras - it seems you will get no difference, so go back to stock. As far as the PPF, you may pull a little more because of that(and with mods too) if you want to try to sell it yourself privately. And...I don't want to offend you, but I wouldn't share those 1/4 mile times or people might think it has a problem. We all know it doesn't and getting good times at the strip takes some work and practice, I'm sure your car would run low 10s like it should. Biggest thing holding the car back will be the houndstooth seats, some people really look down on that, some don't though and you'll need to hold out for a buyer who feels that way. With gas prices what they are, the sweet moment for cashing in on muscle cars may have just passed us all by. I would try to sell the Charger personally, you have the title and can private sell it easy, then pay off the Challenger and get something else if you want. Challenger>>>Charger and redeye>regular hellcat, everyone knows that.
Those 1/4 times was the first times I have ever raced at the strip. And i didn’t launch it super hard. The AITs were 150 degrees. Lots of track issues at Atco that day had to wait an hour after an oil spill just to make the second run.. car was getting heat soaked.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
No not 68k. But I’d probably do 75K. I was thinking put it up for 77k. One person said carvanna will offer Me ballpark mid 70s. Private sale could potentially get almost 80k

Good deal, I hope you get it.

I'd consider it myself if things were different.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Good deal, I hope you get it.

I'd consider it myself if things were different.
I don’t need to sell it at all. I simply just prefer the looks of the GT500 and want a little different experience. Plus I still have the charger. For 75k I think I’d be willing to make a deal. I just as DGatz said want the highest price possible. I’m not going to be a pushover and just give it away. The market is at all time highs. I just want fair market value. I saw a mid optioned 2021 non Widebody Redeye with 9040 miles for $88,000 for sale..

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
For sale and selling are two different things. Right place and time you never know what may happen

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Just an Fwiw - A week ago I ran my SS through Vroom and GMTV.com.
I'm not selling it but I've seen so many nutty ads on Autotrader and such that I thought I'd find out what these two would actually offer me.
GMTV did their usual quick and thorough work and offered ~$91k. That's $2500 over MSRP.
Vroom, after a week of generic emails finally offered $70k.
So, if you may use one of the web buyers I'd suggest you try them all because there's apparently a huuge difference in what different companies will offer for the same car.
Good luck with it!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Well If you put it on marketplace let me save you sometime.
Will you take 60k for it? I have cash and am a serious buyer 😂😂😂
Prices have come down. I would not expect to get more than you paid. You still see some crazy dollar ones out there but you can find better deals. Market is higher but last summer was the peak. We have been on a decline
We got top dollar on our trade in end of December.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I do believe the hype is over with until the Puickem gets through with his tirade. last summer I was offered 110,000 at the dealers. This was offered by 3 different peoples. Good luck.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
We got top dollar on our trade in end of December.
Trade in on what though?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State