Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tires

Member ID
Reactions
City
tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 challenger hellcat widebody
Has anybody used nitrogen in there tires?

OP
stevel
Member ID
Reactions
City
tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 challenger hellcat widebody
Thread Starter #2
Their lol

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Waste of time and money. The purpose is the molecules are larger and less likely to bleed through the inner liner. Sounds great in theory, biggest issue is that no one has a nitrogen pump at their house and the minute you add any amount of air, you lose the benefit (maybe the wrong word) of Nitrogen. Stick with air...easy to find at most any gas station, and most likely everyone has a pump at home or in the trunk.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Nothing wrong with using it really. It does hold tire pressure longer and ls less susceptible to changes in temps but it still happens, just to a lesser degree. It was really put out there for people who dont know how to use an air gauge or who dont know you should maintain tire pressure. Kwalski is right if you add air you are wasting any benefit. Biggest benefit is to dealers who can then charge $12 on a servcie record everytime a car comes in for Nitrogen fill etc.

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
My dealer does not charge for nitrogen changeover. However, in back to back testing, I could not see any difference in pressure buildup while driving between air and nitrogen.

Last edited:

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Well, air is 78% nitrogen.... so technically everyone uses nitrogen in their tires. :p[burnout]

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Not worth it at all unless you live in an area with stable temps year round. I don't. I've had 2 different cars with nitrogen in the tires...they came that way. It turned out to be a big PITA. Soon as the outside temps dropped, my TPMS alarm would go off on all 4 tires....at first I drove the car down to the dealer to have them topped off again. After the second or third time I said "screw this" and used my air compressor.