Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tow package?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Okay, guess that means one of the Q5s doesn't belong. But is it hers or mine?

And, what about her other Audi, her Porsche, or my five Mercedii (or whatever the plural of Mercedes is)?

Also, what about the domestic vehicles not mentioned....especially the 2-doors? Huh? And the fact that there's not a single Furd.

So there.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Okay, guess that means one of the Q5s doesn't belong. But is it hers or mine?

And, what about her other Audi, her Porsche, or my five Mercedii (or whatever the plural of Mercedes is)?

Also, what about the domestic vehicles not mentioned....especially the 2-doors? Huh? And the fact that there's not a single Furd.

So there.
Yeah you really need a Charger........:LOL:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Sorry, I know 100% this has to have been posted a million times, I spent an hour looking and cannot find a specific answer:

I have the opportunity to buy a used 2019 Durango SRT, a vehicle Iv always wanted, but didn't think Id ever be able to afford. This one is absolutely perfect, but does not have the actual towing package (no hitch). It does have the brake assist controls on the steering wheel, tow mode etc. The guy selling it said he'll install a Mopar hitch and 7 pin, and that all SRTs essentially have the other equipment already installed. Is this true? I even tried calling the SRT help line and they didn't "know".

Id appreciate any help. The only reason the wife is on board is we need a vehicle to tow a pontoon boat, and she will kill me if I buy this an find out its not equipped properly lol!

Did you get what you need or have all of the hooligans run you off at this point?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yeah you really need a Charger........:LOL:
No, I don't think so. The one EV I have (a John Deere Gator) already has a charger, as do my phone.

Plus, I have several good battery maintainers, useful for when the built-in chargers (alternators) aren't in use.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Did you get what you need or have all of the hooligans run you off at this point?
Most likely, his wife killed him after finding out that a Durango isn't the ideal tow vehicle even with all the towing accoutrements installed.

Sad, but still better than crashing while trying to tow, and hurting others in the process.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
No, I don't think so. The one EV I have (a John Deere Gator) already has a charger, as do my phone.

Plus, I have several good battery maintainers, useful for when the built-in chargers (alternators) aren't in use.
so you have many Chargers:unsure:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Several, in fact. Mostly 12 Volt, but also 6, 24, and 48 Volt versions.

And while I may not know what's behind door number three, or four, there's enough behind one and two to keep me happy. Standard (unmetered) fare, for me.