Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

TPMS Relearn Tool / Procedure

Boricuoso787

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Anyone know of the right TPMS relearn tool for the Challenger? How about the procedure to conduct the relearn after tire rotation?

My research points to it being automatic after driving over 15 mph for about 20 minutes or so, but I’ve also come across a “manual” reset sequence of events which forces the relearn. Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
If you used the factory TPMS sensors there isn't any relearn. I always use the factory one's when I change wheels and they always work

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I use three sets of wheels only one has its factory stuff. It always learns them on the fly and automatically. One set just has some right-left rear confusion but as long as I put the R on the right and the other on the left it is all good. The other two sets never get confused. It may take a few minutes to display the new values.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I purchase good Schrader valves myself, then hand them off to the tire shop. Alway work perfectly. Good idea to have the shop test them before mounting just to make sure all are sending a good signal. Don’t buy those cheap Chinese Ebay valves.

OP
Boricuoso787

Boricuoso787

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
If you used the factory TPMS sensors there isn't any relearn. I always use the factory one's when I change wheels and they always work
Thanks, vortecd. I had horrible issues with a previous GM vehicle when it came to tpms. Good to know I replaced it with something easier to deal with in that regard. I appreciate the info.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I swap back and forth with my drag wheels and no issues:)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Anyone know of the right TPMS relearn tool for the Challenger? How about the procedure to conduct the relearn after tire rotation?

My research points to it being automatic after driving over 15 mph for about 20 minutes or so, but I’ve also come across a “manual” reset sequence of events which forces the relearn. Any info on this is greatly appreciated.
Should be automatic. I've done many tire swaps and new sensors as well. In one instance it took like 18 hours for some reason, but most were within just a few minutes. I believe some on here had it take a day or two?

OP
Boricuoso787

Boricuoso787

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Should be automatic. I've done many tire swaps and new sensors as well. In one instance it took like 18 hours for some reason, but most were within just a few minutes. I believe some on here had it take a day or two?
Awesome! Thank you

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
With the Tazer there is a option to disconnect the tpms feature from the car. Best use for drag radials.

OP
Boricuoso787

Boricuoso787

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
With the Tazer there is a option to disconnect the tpms feature from the car. Best use for drag radials.
Good info. Thanks

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Can also recalibrate the speedo for different wheel & tire combos.