Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

TPMS reset

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I had a low tire (drivers rear) Saturday night, and I got the warning. Pulled over and put air in all 4 (36lbs). Now they all show 36 but the warning light won't go off. I figured if a sensor was bad, it would show "--". I pulled the neg on the battery cable and driven it about 20miles since then. Still shows to service TPMS system. Any way to reset this? Trying to avoid the dealer or a trip to the tire shop if possible.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
It might take a little longer, but it should reset. I did have to add a couple of extra psi to it to have it acknowledge the pressure, then backed it off to where it should be...(like 40psi then after it registered, back to 36)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I had a low tire (drivers rear) Saturday night, and I got the warning. Pulled over and put air in all 4 (36lbs). Now they all show 36 but the warning light won't go off. I figured if a sensor was bad, it would show "--". I pulled the neg on the battery cable and driven it about 20miles since then. Still shows to service TPMS system. Any way to reset this? Trying to avoid the dealer or a trip to the tire shop if possible.
I had that happen on my viper...PITA....replaced the sensor...light came back on...wtf...then 200 miles later...warning went away...nobody knows why...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It might take a little longer, but it should reset. I did have to add a couple of extra psi to it to have it acknowledge the pressure, then backed it off to where it should be...(like 40psi then after it registered, back to 36)
Even though I knew the tire was fine...It freaked me out drivin the car with that warning on...

OP
ACMAVRO

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Thread Starter #5
Even though I knew the tire was fine...It freaked me out drivin the car with that warning on...
A little aggravating yes. I'll put a few more lbs and keep driving it hoping it will reset.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
You should see it reset without driving...at least mine always have. Only took a couple of minutes.