Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Trinity Will Not Shut Off

Quiller303

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Wallingford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat A8
Recently I decided to mount my Trinity tuner to the windshield with the suction cup so that I can monitor a bunch of parameters. The trouble is, the Trinity will not shut off after the ignition is turned off and the dash has timed out. I've tried all different settings for the sleep monitoring, shutting down in different screens. Nothing seems to work. Has anyone figured this out??

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Mine does that if I plug it in when the cars not running. If I plug it in after it’s running then it turns off after the car is shut down. Upon restart it then comes back On to the last screen it was on and shuts off when the car is turned off again. Weird but that’s how mine works

OP
Q

Quiller303

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Wallingford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Mine does that if I plug it in when the cars not running. If I plug it in after it’s running then it turns off after the car is shut down. Upon restart it then comes back On to the last screen it was on and shuts off when the car is turned off again. Weird but that’s how mine works
Never thought of trying that but will tonight. It would be great if it is that simple. Thanks!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Never thought of trying that but will tonight. It would be great if it is that simple. Thanks!
Well, did it work ?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
That is weird. I wouldn't think that would matter

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
That is weird. I wouldn't think that would matter
Me neither, but that’s how mine acts, repeatedly.

OP
Q

Quiller303

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Wallingford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Mine did the same thing. Figured it out when it ran my battery down to zero a couple times and I didn’t know why. Took that POS off and keep it in the glove box. Recently had to send it back because it crapped out during data logging at the track. Things are crap.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mine did the same thing. Figured it out when it ran my battery down to zero a couple times and I didn’t know why. Took that POS off and keep it in the glove box. Recently had to send it back because it crapped out during data logging at the track. Things are crap.
I agree their crap, broke the USB port off mine, no fault of mine, was from plug they sent with it, lifted the socket off the printed circuit board, cost 100$ for a replacement, replaced with a new unit. What I can say I like about mine is data recording at any time at the touch of a button, no lap top needed. Mine does glitch once in a while saving data and loose the collection but when it starts doing that I transfer the log file from T2 to your pc and empty the log file on the T2 and good for 50-60 log files again depending on size. I switched to HPT for tuning but still use the T2EX for logging.
And even the replacement acts the same way, I need to plug it into a running car, set it up to gauges, then shut car off and it restarts with car start and shuts off when car is shut off. I’m not defending the POS, just putting it out there how mine works for me. I wish HPT would make a interface as small so a laptop is not needed on the passenger seat when I want to data log.