Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Trunk Mount Ice Tank

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What's everyone's choice for a trunk mount ice tank for a Charger?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
David Fl,, stupid invention. Coming from the inven tor of the stock a/c cold tank. Why waste the trunk space, coolant piping, condensate mess, 8 lbs per gallons,,, just plane dumb. Ask the guy in St Pete whom devised the so called perfect tank whom has been out of business since I devised the stock coolant heat exchanger from the factory. Oh, he went out of business since this 34A refrigerant came out 5 years ago. Oh my. The dude from Australia whom devised one whom is out of business. Yes, I did create a monster but devised the perfect HX that did replace the dy na sores. Coming from the chiller killer of the past whom has been working on chillers from the 60's. Mr Carrier whom invented a/c back in the 30s when TB became a disease. Then Mr McQuay came out with the purrrfect chiller devised from the magnetic compressor. It has no moving parts and can be run down to 10% of it's ca pass ity. Can take a 1,200 ton chiller and devised it to run to 10% of it's compassity for energy consumption. Then Dycan reinvented the machine to do even better. Called a 3 stage compressor that down loads even further. Residental AHUs in your house you can't even hear it run. I waz born way before my time. Then there is the ice chiller that makes ice stored in tanks for use when electric companies gave out discounts for off peak hours during night time for a/c consumptions. Then they got a wiff of that and stopped giving out off peak discounts. Then the invention of the obsorbtiion chiller that produces chill water from waste heat produced from gas fired turbines. Then they put a stop to that. Just no wining against the electric companies. One step ahead. Next will be the invention of waste heat coming off the bright side of the moon and Tampa Electric will put a lights out of the moon then gravity will be no longer and we will be in deep shit.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
David Fl,, stupid invention. Coming from the inven tor of the stock a/c cold tank. Why waste the trunk space, coolant piping, condensate mess, 8 lbs per gallons,,, just plane dumb. Ask the guy in St Pete whom devised the so called perfect tank whom has been out of business since I devised the stock coolant heat exchanger from the factory. Oh, he went out of business since this 34A refrigerant came out 5 years ago. Oh my. The dude from Australia whom devised one whom is out of business. Yes, I did create a monster but devised the perfect HX that did replace the dy na sores. Coming from the chiller killer of the past whom has been working on chillers from the 60's. Mr Carrier whom invented a/c back in the 30s when TB became a disease. Then Mr McQuay came out with the purrrfect chiller devised from the magnetic compressor. It has no moving parts and can be run down to 10% of it's ca pass ity. Can take a 1,200 ton chiller and devised it to run to 10% of it's compassity for energy consumption. Then Dycan reinvented the machine to do even better. Called a 3 stage compressor that down loads even further. Residental AHUs in your house you can't even hear it run. I waz born way before my time. Then there is the ice chiller that makes ice stored in tanks for use when electric companies gave out discounts for off peak hours during night time for a/c consumptions. Then they got a wiff of that and stopped giving out off peak discounts. Then the invention of the obsorbtiion chiller that produces chill water from waste heat produced from gas fired turbines. Then they put a stop to that. Just no wining against the electric companies. One step ahead. Next will be the invention of waste heat coming off the bright side of the moon and Tampa Electric will put a lights out of the moon then gravity will be no longer and we will be in deep shit.
So what is your solution?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
The factory a/c unit as the heat exchanger made from a seperate radiator. Uses 6 feet of 3/8 tubing and 1- 3 way valve with a in cabin swith to engage and or disengage when not in use. Do to the fact it will take another 10 hp to run this contraption. Just ask the factory. The cooler the engine runs the more hp it produces. That is why the COPA Ca ma reo came out with 6 inner coolers that produced more hp and faster track times than any Hemi ever produced. Problem is space. Where in the hell do you put 6 inner coolers. Take out the back seat like the Demon??

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
The factory a/c unit as the heat exchanger made from a seperate radiator. Uses 6 feet of 3/8 tubing and 1- 3 way valve with a in cabin swith to engage and or disengage when not in use. Do to the fact it will take another 10 hp to run this contraption. Just ask the factory. The cooler the engine runs the more hp it produces. That is why the COPA Ca ma reo came out with 6 inner coolers that produced more hp and faster track times than any Hemi ever produced. Problem is space. Where in the hell do you put 6 inner coolers. Take out the back seat like the Demon??
I want a nice, neat and clean installation of something that works and it's not an eyesore.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Have you seen 1 of these units?? Smaller than your factory rad ee ator. Talking a clean and 1/2 the weight of a factory radiator. All copper and or Staineless Steal. A better mouse trap. It fits right in front of the factory radiator. Like building a better steal from radiatos to copper. 1/2 the weight and want kill ya.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
You mean 1 of these? It already has one installed.
Screenshot_20211231-104515_Chrome.jpg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yes,,,, and the problem is?? Where?? This idea came from sum where. Whom has been working on chillers since the 60's. If you want to get reallycold natured.Gotoan amonia machine.What the produce ice cream from. minus 20 below.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
IATs are still to high.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Where is this info coming from??? Ormond Beach is a far cry from Virginia where they make these chillers from. Or Smoky Mountains where the best tasting shine comes from due to the water. Spring fed.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
David,
I ain't argueing with you. I am looking at the better install and have worked on both. I feel the front mounted heat exchanger is the better of the 2. Less amount of time and less materials involved to go wrong with. The shorter the run, the less to go wrong.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
David,
I ain't argueing with you. I am looking at the better install and have worked on both. I feel the front mounted heat exchanger is the better of the 2. Less amount of time and less materials involved to go wrong with. The shorter the run, the less to go wrong.
It has 1 already installed. The iats just aren't low enough for going rounds at an event with just that.