Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

TRX Orders

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Just left the dealer who usually is pretty reliable. Talked to him about either an orange or destroyer grey 2022. He said that the TRX is a definite go for 2022...but no confirmation of anything after that. 2022 order banks open in July. Take it for what it's worth.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I went to look at the Granite TRX that I had speced out. Meh. Looked alot like any grey Dodge Ram pickup. Decided to pass on it. Dealer was cool about it and said he would put in an order for a 2022 if I decided to pursue it. In my opinion, a truck as special as the TRX needs to pop! It needs to look like 90k rather than a utilitarian work truck. Dealer agreed that the granite had little contrast with the grey-black trim found on the TRX. So it will end up in someone else's garage.
Why did you order it that way?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I am not knowledgeable enough to know the fleet emissions standards game. But do know if there is a way to make a buck corporate will find it.
Tim has already said the Durango SRT Hellcat is 1 year only due to emissions. Would the TRX have different regulatory standards? It shouldn't I don't think. If it doesn't, 2022 would be a problem. In fact, if this is true, wouldn't the Hellcat have issues for 2022 as well? As I understand it, emissions are harder to meet for passenger vehicles versus trucks and SUVs. All of this is mega confusing. Dodge needs to clarify what's going on in the world of SC motors, post-merger, post-2021.

Last edited:

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I ordered it that way because I saw a Jeep Wrangler in granite and it looked decent. But, IN MY OPINION, the TRX looks rather blah in that color. If the TRX is one year and done, so be it. Money always spends on the next latest and greatest toy. Not to worry....

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Tim has already said the Durango SRT Hellcat is 1 year only due to emissions. Would the TRX have different regulatory standards? It shouldn't I don't think.
One being a passenger vehicle (Durango) and the other a pickup, they may very well have different standards.
Not that it makes the future for the Trackhawk look promising, and even less so for the Hellcat powered cars.

Then again, a Challenger or Charger gets much better mileage than a Trackhawk...which probably gets a little better mpg than a Durango does.`TRX+mileage= not so much.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
A 22 mile loaded black on black one went for $101k today at the dealer only wholesale auction that we attend weekly. Shame they didnt make the truck more noticeable. I could hear people who had no idea what they were looking at saying "What the hell? $100k??"

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Just left the dealer who usually is pretty reliable. Talked to him about either an orange or destroyer grey 2022. He said that the TRX is a definite go for 2022...but no confirmation of anything after that. 2022 order banks open in July. Take it for what it's worth.
Should order a louder color like Hydro Blue or Red or that new Orange that is late availability.

Mine TRX gets nothing but compliments from just about everyone on how cool it looks.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
A 22 mile loaded black on black one went for $101k today at the dealer only wholesale auction that we attend weekly.
Yikes! Makes under 70K for a not so loaded one (1500s have very low load capacity anyway) seem quite reasonable in comparison.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Yikes! Makes under 70K for a not so loaded one (1500s have very low load capacity anyway) seem quite reasonable in comparison.
Nice - if you are getting one at that price that is a LOT of truck! I'd love to snag one for a great deal some day.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, it finally made it to the dealer yesterday.
That means the papers will show up on Tuesday or Wednesday, and then I can go get it.

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Order excepted, vin # created! 😎
Black mono-Every option!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You got good news, I did not.
Got a call from the dealer: "We're sending the paperwork out today, you'll have it tomorrow".

No, I won't. We'll be lucky to have it Friday, which means I can't leave until Saturday...when they close early.
Although, the guy said "I live nearby, I can come back to work and we can finish the deal."

Or, I can leave at 4 AM and make it there by closing time, but I had hoped to avoid an early departure.
Oh well.

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
You got good news, I did not.
Got a call from the dealer: "We're sending the paperwork out today, you'll have it tomorrow".

No, I won't. We'll be lucky to have it Friday, which means I can't leave until Saturday...when they close early.
Although, the guy said "I live nearby, I can come back to work and we can finish the deal."

Or, I can leave at 4 AM and make it there by closing time, but I had hoped to avoid an early departure.
Oh well.
Lol... anyday you will have her!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Surely you meant "any week now".
I hear ya.. Im sure you want it yesterday!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, there's no rush, but it gets old to rearrange everything around being able to leave for two days.
I should probably just make it a one-dayer, as much as I don't feel like it.

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I stopped at the dealer to check on my 392 Wrangler shipping date and he mentioned the Granite truck I turned down and a black one were both purchased by one person at 5k over sticker...and are being shipped from here in the Midwest to the west coast. Can anyone say middle east bound?

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Can anyone say middle east bound?
I dunno. I've seen at least a hundred or so listed as ordered from there. How many can they possibly need?

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Big desert, room for lots of trucks!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
True, but why wouldn't they just order more of them, instead of paying ADM?