Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What do you think of your Redeye?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
This is great. I'll start by saying mine has about 3000 miles on it. Runs great, never has shown a problem, and is one fine automobile. The computer is night and day better than my '15 was. Did not get NAV, have not activated squat. It just works great!

Now let's talk about these Redeye's!

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I love my Redeye. Overall a more refined Hellcat. I've had another local person tell me the same, we both agreed and like whatever Dodge did with the A8 trans tune/shift points in the Redeye. Dodge took something great and made it even better! The fit and finish of all my panels line up a lot better than my 15's did as well. These cars will run mid 10s on just a tire and pump gas, whats not to like! The killer chiller and line lock are also some awesome features that I have used several times. The exhaust seems to have a different tone to it, and sounds louder imo as well. The supercharger whine is more pronounced imo too (likely because of the intake change). Dodge did a great thing by also giving us a base version and letting us add the options we really want to buy. As much as I enjoyed the Harmon Kardon, I don't miss it for the extra cost and weight. My Redeye is for 1/4 mile duty and I had no intention of putting any extra weight on it than I needed to. Speaking of love the rear seat delete option too! I never used the back seat anyway for anything but my race gear, which I still do with the cargo net. Lastly I know the hood is a bit controversial with some, I really like the old hood too. That said the vents on the old hood always got water down in them while washing the car and the new hood prevents a lot of that. Keeping things a bit cleaning inside.

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
This is great. I'll start by saying mine has about 3000 miles on it. Runs great, never has shown a problem, and is one fine automobile. The computer is night and day better than my '15 was. Did not get NAV, have not activated squat. It just works great!

Now let's talk about these Redeye's!
Bought my wife a redeye great car 800 miles,put dirs brace on it ready for the track,going to teach the wife to race,alot tighter suspension than my demon,brakes are amazing

Attachments

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I love my Redeye. Overall a more refined Hellcat. I've had another local person tell me the same, we both agreed and like whatever Dodge did with the A8 trans tune/shift points in the Redeye. Dodge took something great and made it even better! The fit and finish of all my panels line up a lot better than my 15's did as well. These cars will run mid 10s on just a tire and pump gas, whats not to like! The killer chiller and line lock are also some awesome features that I have used several times. The exhaust seems to have a different tone to it, and sounds louder imo as well. The supercharger whine is more pronounced imo too (likely because of the intake change). Dodge did a great thing by also giving us a base version and letting us add the options we really want to buy. As much as I enjoyed the Harmon Kardon, I don't miss it for the extra cost and weight. My Redeye is for 1/4 mile duty and I had no intention of putting any extra weight on it than I needed to. Speaking of love the rear seat delete option too! I never used the back seat anyway for anything but my race gear, which I still do with the cargo net. Lastly I know the hood is a bit controversial with some, I really like the old hood too. That said the vents on the old hood always got water down in them while washing the car and the new hood prevents a lot of that. Keeping things a bit cleaning inside.
More good points! At first I also had second thoughts on the hood. Now it adds distinction to the 2019, I even like the new rear spoiler.

I took it on its first 500 mile round trip in its street trim last weekend. Oh we should mention at 77 mph it even registers 21 mpg, with the 3.09 gears. Used the CarPlay features, along with Waze, and of course enjoyed the Harmon stereo. I ordered almost everything.

I drove to Des Moines, where I am from. Drove through downtown on the way to the famous "south side". Just got to the first light, lady chased me down in a pick-up! Rolled down the passenger window and yells; " Hey, that is bad ass". "And I really like the wheels and tires". What a great welcome, IMO!

firedude

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
YUMA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I am loving mine. Took delivery on July first and now have 3700 miles. Drive it just about every day. Just took a 350 mile drive Sunday. Managed 21 mpg. I really don't care about mileage as my normal average is probably around 9. Fit and finish on my car is very good. This might be one car I do not do exhaust on. I think they nailed it. Only things I would probably change would be reverse shift pattern. I have had to many cars through the years that have the standard shift pattern. Teaching a old dog new tricks and all. Dumped it into first from a second gear pull in manual mode once. I would also like to see my Custom set-up stay after shut down rather than defaulting every time. Probably the biggest change I would make is to be able to use Chiller mode in Custom set-up. Other than that, happy camper so far.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I love the Redeye more then my 16 Hellcat. The car is incredible. I still like the original HC hood better though. 20190623002650_IMG_2432.JPG

Attachments

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Not sure what to think of mine yet. But I only have a tick under 300 miles on it so far, so I can't really comment on power it has (or doesn't) since I'm babying it during break-in period. So far, it seems to cold start a lot smoother than my '15 HC did. My '15 was pretty loud and sputtered the first 20 seconds or so when first started cold and then smoothed out and got quieter. This RE starts smooth and seems quieter for some reason...I think either it's tuned differently or better sound deadening is in this car. It drops from cold high idle to normal idle a lot faster also. Shifts seem a little more pronounced and firm from this A8. Blower whine is also more evident without giving much throttle at all. I don't like the fact that there's no cover over the ABS module under the hood. I know it's because there's no vent over it like my '15, but I don't like looking at bare brake lines and a ABS block. I should have taken the one off my '15 and installed it on this one. Is there one I can get that fits the RE?

My '15 was a normal body car with hydraulic steering, and this one is a wide body with electric steering. I'm more impressed with the electric steering than I thought I would be. It seems to respond just like the other...maybe better! The car seems a lot more "sure footed" driving down curvy roads. Seems more planted.

I'm still trying to figure out this Apple CarPlay stuff. I have an iPhone 6plus, and I set it up according to the directions and it said I needed to have the charging cord hooked up for initial setup....then I wouldn't need it from then on. I did that and it worked - but - now mine doesn't work without the cord hooked up unless I'm missing something. My bluetooth is on, so how do I launch it without the cord hooked up? Other than that it's kinda neat. I have NAV, but when using CarPlay it wants to go to the NAV on my phone, but it can be switched to the car's NAV also. More "stuff" (Apps etc) on the Uconnect screen...have not used most of it.

I've gotten hit with this "Auto Park" crap when I was backing my car out of my garage onto my driveway. I thought there was something wrong with the car. I was backing out and suddenly the car stopped and the screen was flashing "Auto Park Mode Enabled, shift into park and select gear" ???? WTH? The car placed itself into park, so I went back into park and then back into reverse and got a few more foot and it slammed to a stop again with same message....I found out I have to have my seat belt buckled, no door ajar light on or else it will do this. Don't like this feature at all, my '15 didn't have this stupid "safety feature".

So far it seems a bit thirsty on gas. Just cruising around town, I'm only averaging 18 mpg. I used to get 19-21 mpg in my '15 driving it the same way. Hoping that will get better after more miles...not that it's a deal breaker. Didn't get a RE for good gas mileage.

Lots more gizmos on the performance pages. I have not played with those...some are most likely locked out until I get more miles on it anyway.

Overall, seems like it's going to be a fun car! Probably too many features I'll never use but that's how they all are nowadays. Can't wait to get over this "break-in" stuff and let her eat!

EDIT: - And I already put ZL1 rock guards on all 4 corners, and splitter protectors on...I hate my driveway!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Hmm do you really want to read my detailed, lengthy, never ending, happy critiquing dialog explaining my inner personal thoughts, facial expressions, body gestures, others reactions, ears ringing, hair flowing, nodding and waving, not wanting to end the drive, can’t wait too drive, damn need the truck today can’t drive the Redeye, it’s lousy weather that sucks, it’s awesome day today riding with all the windows down and sunroof open, just smoked a wanna bee, cars are taking pictures of me and filming as I drive by, others drivers want me to nail her and I do with all the thumbs up, people gawk at me, people come up to me and compliment her, people will act like they are not looking but in my rear view mirror I see them lurking after I drive away, construction crews doing road work stop working to look, I just have to give her some gas in the tunnel lol it’s awesome as she barks, I go from auto setting to sport setting depending on the current road conditions, i carefully park her and lock her, I wonder how the break in period is going, I wonder where all the other Redeyes are then I think yeah ain’t many, other Challenger non Hellcat owners try to catch up to say hi, on lousy roads she gets a little squirmy with those factory big ass wheels, she bounces you around on lousy roads which gives you a little work out, she brakes instantly like nothing, she just purrs down the road at 1500 rpms doing 70 mph, she sits you in your seat when you nail her at 40-50mph and just scoots instantly like no other car I have owned, remote start is awesome to hear her come to life, she idles like a wild beast wanting to escape, looking over the hoods dual scoops is beautiful like a women’s (ok I won’t say it got to keep it clean), the open air from lights so cool, the functional hood scoops so neat, the rear performance spoiler just bad ass, widebody stance really nice, front fascia intimidating, interior layout just right, instrumentation awesome, SRT pages really great, heated seat and vented so sweet, heated steering wheel awesome, driver seat plenty of room and extremely comfortable, rear taillights totally cool, Uconnect really nice. Line lock awesome, after chiller even more awesome, Supercharger big and beautiful, exhaust just right, paddle shifters damn right, billet gas and brake controls nice, big ass factory air Intake filter cool, beefy transmission kick in the pants, trunk fits a lot of stuff, easy get into access and get out very good, my pride and joy beyond all other vehicles and extremely lucky in this life to be able to own one of the nicest baddest ass Muscle cars made to date AMEN.
FFC8425A-8043-4E9F-93BC-314174E5F48A.jpeg 3C3C621B-11FF-4178-8650-9C44E3E221F1.jpeg C41C76EA-621C-41BA-99D6-6337B6C2B569.jpeg 0A31F40F-6BB4-47B3-BDF8-AC10181FC4A5.jpeg 2AD85EBE-9D05-4C51-A028-734628868A65.jpeg

Last edited:

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Having recently eclipsed 3k miles I still stare at it every time I walk away from it!

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Hmm do you really want to read my detailed, lengthy, never ending, happy critiquing dialog explaining my inner personal thoughts, facial expressions, body gestures, others reactions, ears ringing, hair flowing, nodding and waving, not wanting to end the drive, can’t wait too drive, damn need the truck today can’t drive the Redeye, it’s lousy weather that sucks, it’s awesome day today riding with all the windows down and sunroof open, just smoked a wanna bee, cars are taking pictures of me and filming as I drive by, others drivers want me to nail her and I do with all the thumbs up, people gawk at me, people come up to me and compliment her, people will act like they are not looking but in my rear view mirror I see them lurking after I drive away, construction crews doing road work stop working to look, I just have to give her some gas in the tunnel lol it’s awesome as she barks, I go from auto setting to sport setting depending on the current road conditions, i carefully park her and lock her, I wonder how the break in period is going, I wonder where all the other Redeyes are then I think yeah ain’t many, other Challenger non Hellcat owners try to catch up to say hi, on lousy roads she gets a little squirmy with those factory big ass wheels, she bounces you around on lousy roads which gives you a little work out, she brakes instantly like nothing, she just purrs down the road at 1500 rpms doing 70 mph, she sits you in your seat when you nail her at 40-50mph and just scoots instantly like no other car I have owned, remote start is awesome to hear her come to life, she idles like a wild beast wanting to escape, looking over the hoods dual scoops is beautiful like a women’s (ok I won’t say it got to keep it clean), the open air from lights so cool, the functional hood scoops so neat, the rear performance spoiler just bad ass, widebody stance really nice, front fascia intimidating, interior layout just right, instrumentation awesome, SRT pages really great, heated seat and vented so sweet, heated steering wheel awesome, driver seat plenty of room and extremely comfortable, rear taillights totally cool, Uconnect really nice. Line lock awesome, after chiller even more awesome, Supercharger big and beautiful, exhaust just right, paddle shifters damn right, billet gas and brake controls nice, big ass factory air Intake filter cool, beefy transmission kick in the pants, trunk fits a lot of stuff, easy get into access and get out very good, my pride and joy beyond all other vehicles and extremely lucky in this life to be able to own one of the nicest baddest ass Muscle cars made to date AMEN.
View attachment 925 View attachment 926 View attachment 927 View attachment 928 View attachment 929
Very nice write up. It kept my interest to the end, like a good book. Beautiful car as well!

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
Mine's been in the body shop for three months now. I have forgotten what driving it was like. Maybe one day, I'll find out.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mine's been in the body shop for three months now. I have forgotten what driving it was like. Maybe one day, I'll find out.
Damn that sucks and I feel for you hope she comes back soon.

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
Damn that sucks and I feel for you hope she comes back soon.
Hopefully by next week. I just hope they do a good job.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
View attachment 925 View attachment 926 View attachment 927 View attachment 928 View attachment 929
You still have hair? Ahhh well that's one experience I won't have, if I ever get one. Lol. Beautiful car. Enjoy and good luck!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
You still have hair? Ahhh well that's one experience I won't have, if I ever get one. Lol. Beautiful car. Enjoy and good luck!
That’s funny and yeah losing most of it but not due to the Redeye more so progressing and thank you for the compliment.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
Sounds like you like it. :LOL: I think it has something to do with the color. Yesterday it was cloudy, and I was saying, even with clouds now, I still like it. Mine seems to be running better and better, now with about 3300 miles. It did post up about 21 mpg at 77 mph. I believe that may be the best it will do with the 3.09 gears.

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
My first Mopar in a 37 year run of cool cars...gotta admit it's one of my favs. Have always admired the Mopars of old but never pulled the trigger. The first '15 HC peaked my interest for sure. Last year I sold my V Cadillac to make room for the Redeye. No regrets. Like others have mentioned...hard not to turn around and take one more glance after parking. One helluva good looking muscle car.

68625080_3432275780131742_6660184250941177856_n.jpg Screenshot_20190828-191157~2.png

firedude

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
YUMA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Very nice.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
My first Mopar in a 37 year run of cool cars...gotta admit it's one of my favs. Have always admired the Mopars of old but never pulled the trigger. The first '15 HC peaked my interest for sure. Last year I sold my V Cadillac to make room for the Redeye. No regrets. Like others have mentioned...hard not to turn around and take one more glance after parking. One helluva good looking muscle car.

View attachment 2109 View attachment 2110
Picked a hellofa' car for a first Mopar. Mine is my first also (SRT not Redeye) and I'm jumping in with both feet on the learning curve. I always had a thing for a lot of the Mopars just never got one. You also picked the right color. Lol. Mine is B5 also.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red

Beautiful car. Just happens to look exactly like mine... yes I'm a bit bias...LOL....

One suggestion, purchase and install this for your front plate... You will not regret it. No holes to drill. Uses existing holes in bumper.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STO-N-SHO-...:Dodge&hash=item5d7ce31ea2:g:noEAAOSwuMZdaDn9

OBC