Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Who didn't see this coming

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
@Jimmy N. .. normally does, this is a way to get around the security module safely, without having to get behind the screen. If you get what you need, PM me and I'll help you undo the limiter.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
@Jimmy N. .. normally does, this is a way to get around the security module safely, without having to get behind the screen. If you get what you need, PM me and I'll help you undo the limiter.
Hey, very much appreciate the offer. I'll likely need all the help I can get.

What I'm curious about at this point is if your trunk mounted bypass would work on a TRX...which doesn't have a trunk.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I would think that the actual location of the module would be irrelevant. Have you located it on the TRX?

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Hey, when we are all driving EV's the speed limiter will be built in!

The cloud will decide how fast you can drive, when and where. How is your social credit status? Hmm. And if you want to pass, you might receive a polite message "that function is not available at this time, please try again later". :)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Hey, when we are all driving EV's the speed limiter will be built in!

The cloud will decide how fast you can drive, when and where. How is your social credit status? Hmm. And if you want to pass, you might receive a polite message "that function is not available at this time, please try again later". :)
I'll be dead.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I would think that the actual location of the module would be irrelevant. Have you located it on the TRX?
No, not yet. So far (and it's been a while) I've been trying to find out if there's one cable that could be used in more than one vehicle.

Although, having sold the Trackhawk and the other Challenger, at this point the cable would really only have to function in the TRX.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
No, not yet. So far (and it's been a while) I've been trying to find out if there's one cable that could be used in more than one vehicle.

Although, having sold the Trackhawk and the other Challenger, at this point the cable would really only have to function in the TRX.
The Charger has the by-pass cable and it was short lived before it went south. I would highly recommend not using it.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Hmm. As I understand it, anything after '18 needs that security bypass to be able to change things around in the computers. But once that's done, there should be no reason to leave it in place.

My only experience so far with AlfaOBD is with the '17 3500, which doesn't need the cable. And if I wanted to mess with the '18 Challenger, it shouldn't need it, either.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Hmm. As I understand it, anything after '18 needs that security bypass to be able to change things around in the computers. But once that's done, there should be no reason to leave it in place.

My only experience so far with AlfaOBD is with the '17 3500, which doesn't need the cable. And if I wanted to mess with the '18 Challenger, it shouldn't need it, either.
If you want to make changes you still need it.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
While making any changes, yes, but the cable doesn't have to stay there. Actually, for security reasons it shouldn't.

By the way, I remembered wrong. It's '18 and up that needs them.

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
18 and up need it, I'll try to check and see if I can locate where the med can breakout isfor your TRX.