Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Why is Tesla and MUSK always in Financial haywire? Or should I say Electrical WirešŸ˜

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
This guy Musk just amazes me on how he is the true Snake Oil Salesman of modern times. And yeh yeh heā€™s created some Space stuff but come on heā€™s part of the Electric Car Revolution. He was the first to get a huge beyond huge Government Subsidy to create the so called ā€œpeopleā€™s carā€ and affordable as wellšŸ˜³. Well uhm back to reality he hasnā€™t accomplished that and hasnā€™t accomplished the Solar City business plan as well. And in the meantime he gets paid millions upon millions by all the ICE AGE manufacturers for Carbon Credits. Wow if you havenā€™t looked into how much money he collects itā€™s a total smoke and mirrors business plan he has for Tesla. And us Ice Age supporters unfortunately support the Electric man as well. And now the latest raise your eyebrow business dealings are questionable. And doesnā€™t this seem to be a broken record on the always ā€œquestionableā€ business transactions? Anyways read away whatā€™s now happening and think about how all the Major Manufacturers have never been in a rush to build the Electric Golf Carts but yet Musk pushed it to as usual REWARD himself and not the PEOPLE. Uh yeh itā€™s the Peopleā€™s car NO itā€™s Elon Musks PIGGY BANK. Have you noticed that ugly ass SUV looks just like your old PIGGY BANKšŸ˜

Elon Musk Defends Purchase of SolarCity in Court
Plaintiffs allege that the billionaire entrepreneur led Tesla to overpay for the home-solar company in 2016

WILMINGTON, Del.ā€” Tesla Inc. TSLA +3.54%Chief Executive Elon Musk on Monday defended the electric-vehicle makerā€™s purchase of SolarCity Corp. in court, telling a Delaware judge that he didnā€™t act improperly during the negotiating process.

The case dates back to 2016, when Mr. Musk was chairman of both the then-unprofitable companies. His solution to improve their outlook: combine them in a roughly $2.1 billion tie-up to establish a single clean-energy business. Plaintiffs, which include several pension funds that owned Tesla stock, have characterized the deal as a scheme to benefit himself and bail out a home-solar company on the verge of insolvency.

Mr. Musk was the opening witness called in Delaware Chancery Court in a nonjury trial that is expected to run about two weeks. The attorneys for Mr. Musk have framed the acquisition as an opportunity to realize his long-held goal of creating a vertically integrated sustainable energy company.

A primary question in the case is whether Mr. Musk, who owned roughly 22% of Tesla at the time, controlled the transaction. Proving that claim is a challenge because Mr. Musk was a minority shareholder of Tesla and the companyā€™s shareholders approved the acquisition. Lawyers for Mr. Musk have said that SolarCity was worth more than Tesla paid for it and the electric-vehicle makerā€™s board members, who included Mr. Muskā€™s brother, Kimbal Musk, acted independently.

Other issues before the judge include whether Tesla board members were conflicted and whether vital information about the deal was withheld from shareholders. Mr. Musk said Monday that an independent director handled the negotiation and that Teslaā€™s directors even overruled his proposal that Tesla provide temporary financing to SolarCity before the deal went through.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
At least Richard Branson beat him to space:LOL:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Maybe Musk trip will look like 4th of July

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
And don't forget his tunnel boring escapade in SoCal for a high speed train.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
The man is the Howard Hughes of our time. He's doing what the US Gov't won't do when it comes to space travel. As much as I hate EV, he has been a pioneer. The Tesla Plaid is big trouble for us as it stands. He's also a big time geek with the Tesla Models: S... 3... X... Y. Hell he gave us Pay-Pal. And a project that I geek on myself OpenAI.

I'm not a tree hugging hippy by any means but if there is a way to create an efficient home with self sufficient power where I can shove it the man and not have to pay a power bill I'm all for it.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
^^^^^ Sounds just like what a hippy would say

:p:p:p:p

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
^^^^^ Sounds just like what a hippy would say
:p:p:p:p
Bidenā€™s giving out free crayons, better go run along now before some other bullet sponge eats themā€¦ šŸ˜­šŸ¤£

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Bidenā€™s giving out free crayons, better go run along now before some other bullet sponge eats themā€¦ šŸ˜­šŸ¤£
I don't need his welfare crayons when I have top quality ones already :p:p

mre crayons.JPG

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Canā€™t stand the guy. Once all the major manufacturers start making EVā€™s his little niche is done. He doesnā€™t have the economies of scale and he canā€™t make a profit today when heā€™s the only major player in the market unless you include all the carbon credits.