Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

ZL1 Diffuser - Black Powder Coat Aluminum

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Hi all,
I finally pulled the trigger on the ZL1 Diffuser. I went with this one because it actually looks like it will eliminate some of the rear Bumper Drag and well, I thought it looked pretty cool.

This Diffuser is solid and bolts up nice to the rear bumper all the way to the cross member right behind the rear Differential. I went with solid black, but was beyond pissed they sent me silver hardware. Luckily I had some solid black left overs from another project that fit perfect. I would highly recommend anyone who gets this and wants solid black to raise hell with the manufacturer about getting some black hardware. The silver bolts look like 4 warts on runway models face. I mean it really stood out and look terrible. The Silver hardware on the cross member is tucked back far enough that you wont see it. I am on Eibach Pro Springs though, so stock they still might stand out.

I have a pretty unforgiving driveway and I don't have any rubbing issues at all.

Anyway, here are some pics...I'm very happy with it.
https://zl1addons.com/collections/diffuser/products/challenger-diffuser-15-to-18
ZL1.jpg
ZL2.jpg

ZL3.jpg

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Looks great. The ZL1’s are nice looking pieces. No differential brace I assume? Are those the PK Hellraiser rims btw? They look great!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Looks good , I like it !

OP
Heminized

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Thread Starter #4
Looks great. The ZL1’s are nice looking pieces. No differential brace I assume? Are those the PK Hellraiser rims btw? They look great!
Hello Sir! Long time....Hope all has been well with you.

No Diff Brace, I'm more a 100+ mph Road Trip guy. :cool:
That said, there is a little gap between the far back of the plate and the pumpkin...so could maybe fit both? I doubt there is need though for 1/4 mile peeps. Better off with the brace.

Indeed, Hellraisers. 10 1/2 rear. Paul was a great guy to work with. 11's had a little poke, and I was not a fan. The 10 1/2's with the Eibach Pro's tucked the 305's nicely. I'm pretty sure even a 315 will tuck as well. :cautious:

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
"Indeed, Hellraisers. 10 1/2 rear. Paul was a great guy to work with. 11's had a little poke, and I was not a fan. The 10 1/2's with the Eibach Pro's tucked the 305's nicely. I'm pretty sure even a 315 will tuck as well. :cautious:
All ok here, hopefully same on your end. I’m currently on 10.5 Replicas w/Nitto 315’s but really like the 5 spokes. On Pauls site he says the 11’s will work on a Challenger but if you are saying they stick out a little I may just have to rethink it and get another set of 10.5’s.

OP
Heminized

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Thread Starter #6
All ok here, hopefully same on your end. I’m currently on 10.5 Replicas w/Nitto 315’s but really like the 5 spokes. On Pauls site he says the 11’s will work on a Challenger but if you are saying they stick out a little I may just have to rethink it and get another set of 10.5’s.
Many have said that 315's on the 11 will tuck...so I went 305 on the 11, thinking I would have nothing to worry about.

So either many people have a different opinion of tuck than me, or maybe Continental Extremes Run big? All I know is it looked horrible in my eyes. It was also before I put the Eibach's on. So maybe that extra bit of camber would have helped? Maybe?

All I can say is the 10.5/305 combo is perfect for my eyes. ;)

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Not a big fan of the rear diffuser.......but dam that looks awesome on your car!👍

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hi all,
I finally pulled the trigger on the ZL1 Diffuser. I went with this one because it actually looks like it will eliminate some of the rear Bumper Drag and well, I thought it looked pretty cool.

This Diffuser is solid and bolts up nice to the rear bumper all the way to the cross member right behind the rear Differential. I went with solid black, but was beyond pissed they sent me silver hardware. Luckily I had some solid black left overs from another project that fit perfect. I would highly recommend anyone who gets this and wants solid black to raise hell with the manufacturer about getting some black hardware. The silver bolts look like 4 warts on runway models face. I mean it really stood out and look terrible. The Silver hardware on the cross member is tucked back far enough that you wont see it. I am on Eibach Pro Springs though, so stock they still might stand out.

I have a pretty unforgiving driveway and I don't have any rubbing issues at all.

Anyway, here are some pics...I'm very happy with it.
https://zl1addons.com/collections/diffuser/products/challenger-diffuser-15-to-18
View attachment 13468
View attachment 13469

View attachment 13470
No axle boot tear with the Eibach Pro Springs?

OP
Heminized

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Thread Starter #9
No axle boot tear with the Eibach Pro Springs?
Hiya Hunter. Hope all has been well with you sir!

I have had zero issues. I also have done several spirited Blue Ridge Mountain Runs. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I will hopefully be tracking at Atlanta Motorsports Park this year. So if it survives that I'd say I'm good to go. ;)

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Car looks amazing.
Love the look the Ebachs give, just worry about the boot tear.
Diffuser looks outstanding!

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I also like the looks of the diffuser.
Regarding boot tear I'm not sure what kind of speeds Atlanta Motorsports Park gets to but typically boot issues are at high speed tracks, like well above 130 MPH for a sustained period.
So far my issue is gone with MP spring ride height and Demon axles. I've done Road America and Brainerd a few times now with no issues. Before, about 8 laps at Brainerd blew both side axle boots.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I had the eibachs on my 16.
Never tracked it (although I was getting it ready to).
Ended up with the boot tear on driver side.
Cannot state for a fact that the ride height caused it, but heard that it does happen when car is dropped.

OP
Heminized

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Thread Starter #13
On Pauls site he says the 11’s will work on a Challenger but if you are saying they stick out a little I may just have to rethink it and get another set of 10.5’s.
Found my old pics. These are the 11.0's running Conti Extremes 305's. This is also before I put the Eibachs on.
10.jpg

5.jpg

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Thanks for the pics Hemi. They do stick out quite a bit, and I know the Contis run wide compared to the Nittos. We will see.

ofdfiremedic

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Looks great! Just ordered mine, can't wait for the addition! Black hardware would be nice especially after that ridiculous shipping cost... :rolleyes:

ofdfiremedic

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Finally got around to installing mine, I love it! (Had to paint the hardware black) Seems like a great quality part, the middle bolts were a bear to get to though...
IMG_4318.JPG