Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1320 Owners

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #61
Nearly all my best times at Cecil have been run in those first handful of runs ( 30-45 minutes tops ) . The track does come back late in the day , that’s not to say it’s not fast all day but there does seem to be a pattern. I’m not that local ( just over an hour ) Russ your on weather , are you coming to stretch the beasts legs ?
nah, I've got some other things already planned for the weekend.....but I hope you guys have a great time
I'll post up what I see about weather as we get closer

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #62
ok...as of 7 am this morning...they are calling for some rain showers coming through here Friday....supposed to be 48 sunny, and blustery (their word) on Saturday......of course this could all change, so I'll post up again on friday evening right after the 6 pm weather

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
ok...as of 7 am this morning...they are calling for some rain showers coming through here Friday....supposed to be 48 sunny, and blustery (their word) on Saturday......of course this could all change, so I'll post up again on friday evening right after the 6 pm weather
Thanks Russ , I’d really like to make Saturday because the rugby season kicks off the following week and it will be harder for me to make time . But do let me know if your planning to go and I’ll try to make it .

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #64
Thanks Russ , I’d really like to make Saturday because the rugby season kicks off the following week and it will be harder for me to make time . But do let me know if your planning to go and I’ll try to make it .
I won't be going Grant. I already have plans for the weekend. I know that Clark is interested in going but he asked me to provide the local weather intel so he doesn't drive all the way there if the weather isn't going to be agreeable. I told him I'd post here on Friday.....

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I’m not going to be able to make it this Saturday...

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #66
Ok...not sure it matters but it rained here several times today...they are calling for more rain showers tonight...tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny in the 40's but windy. Wish I had better news for you.

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
I’m not going to be able to make it this Saturday...
I’m sure you saw it got canned on Saturday ( would have been brilliant, mid 40s and sunny) . Give me a yell when you hit the test n tune .

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
It’s killing me! The DA at today’s Street Wars....
99094510-CDD3-4A87-9C58-CB5032C5C5FB.jpeg

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
So finally got to run my car at the track. Good weather, but people constantly broke and FOD'd the track. I got 3 runs in 4 hours.
This was my first time to the track in over 17 YEARS. (I know, WTF). Used the Nexen DRs that came with the car. Started at 28 psi and went down to 24 on last run. Fronts were Indy 500 in OEM 275 size aired to 40 initially but sitting there in the cool air they were around 36 when I finally got to run. Little more than 1/2 tank of gas. Foot brake launch varied I think was around 1500. I know it was 2000 on my last run and I lost traction for sure. 2nd run I almost had 11s but had a hiccup of some sort near the 1-2 shift, MIGHT have been something still on the track from the car that lost its motor on the previous run. My car is maxed out with every option including leather, sunroof, HK and everything else you can get. I really wanted an 11.9 but Im rusty. Still it was fun as hell and I DID beat a newer 5.0 Mustang on my first run. :) Im #303 in the slips below.

First 1320Run.jpg

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
So finally got to run my car at the track. Good weather, but people constantly broke and FOD'd the track. I got 3 runs in 4 hours.
This was my first time to the track in over 17 YEARS. (I know, WTF). Used the Nexen DRs that came with the car. Started at 28 psi and went down to 24 on last run. Fronts were Indy 500 in OEM 275 size aired to 40 initially but sitting there in the cool air they were around 36 when I finally got to run. Little more than 1/2 tank of gas. Foot brake launch varied I think was around 1500. I know it was 2000 on my last run and I lost traction for sure. 2nd run I almost had 11s but had a hiccup of some sort near the 1-2 shift, MIGHT have been something still on the track from the car that lost its motor on the previous run. My car is maxed out with every option including leather, sunroof, HK and everything else you can get. I really wanted an 11.9 but Im rusty. Still it was fun as hell and I DID beat a newer 5.0 Mustang on my first run. :) Im #303 in the slips below.

View attachment 26672
Great effort and you shouldn’t be disappointed that’s some excellent numbers for a stick car . If you get to Cecil early have your tech done and lined up for the first runs of the day you should grab that 11 sec pass . I’d personally pull any weight you can as well, it’s free easy and undoubtedly makes quite a difference. I run my tyres at 18 and quarter tank of gas at the most .

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Great effort and you shouldn’t be disappointed that’s some excellent numbers for a stick car . If you get to Cecil early have your tech done and lined up for the first runs of the day you should grab that 11 sec pass . I’d personally pull any weight you can as well, it’s free easy and undoubtedly makes quite a difference. I run my tyres at 18 and quarter tank of gas at the most .
Well, its an A8, (all 1320s are) I got there early and was like #4 to race and the guy in front of me blew his motor and oiled down the track. That them continued all night long :( Yeah less air and gas will undoubtedly help.

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Well, its an A8, (all 1320s are) I got there early and was like #4 to race and the guy in front of me blew his motor and oiled down the track. That them continued all night long :( Yeah less air and gas will undoubtedly help.
Still getting straight into the low 12s is pretty handy. There are a bunch of little things you can do to get your goal but like the rest of us you’ll just want that little bit more . :) I started running mid to high 12s ( Beaver Springs) and have a best of 11.1 ( Cecil County with mine shaft conditions) . I’m hoping to get down for some fall runs this year chasing that 10.999 but the lack of runs scenario you described is has me less enthused.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Still getting straight into the low 12s is pretty handy. There are a bunch of little things you can do to get your goal but like the rest of us you’ll just want that little bit more . :) I started running mid to high 12s ( Beaver Springs) and have a best of 11.1 ( Cecil County with mine shaft conditions) . I’m hoping to get down for some fall runs this year chasing that 10.999 but the lack of runs scenario you described is has me less enthused.
I talked to a guy there from the DC area and he said Mason Dixon in MD was a great place to go. Last two times he went (within the last 5 weeks) he got 14 runs in 1.5 hrs. Its a haul for both of us, (more so you) cuz its western MD, but migth be worth it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
stormy started this thread and drove all the way to Michigan and couldn't find a drag strip:LOL:

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #75
stormy started this thread and drove all the way to Michigan and couldn't find a drag strip:LOL:
always gotta hurt me don't you.........

sad rain.gif

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville