Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Challenger Special Editions Announced!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Damn I’m so glad I picked up my RE who could have imagined this lol. And if it wasn’t for the HP Dollars and aggressive retail discounting I would have sat it out. And wow RS was sooo wrong and can’t believe it and just maybe and I say a big maybe this is why they shut him down:unsure:
58A824D0-2ED2-4CED-8F95-B34FB9BA1858.jpeg

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I really think the 426 was supposed to be the killer feature of this 50th package, and when it was decided to shelve the motor they were left with these minor cosmetic changes only.

CPRHDSRT

Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fork
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 HC Challenger
SAD-- Fire the whole marketing department

Agree - disappointing 50th package for sure but I do hope Gold Rush makes it to the WB HC Charger palette. Close to the color of my first car (71 Firebird in Quezal Gold). Might be my swan song.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Would love to meet the people that thought this is what will sell cars. These are going to sit on dealer lots till the 21MY .

CPRHDSRT

Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fork
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 HC Challenger
Would love to meet the people that thought this is what will sell cars. These are going to sit on dealer lots till the 21MY .
True that - just look at how many "MOPAR 18" Durangos are still sitting. Even more ridiculous "package" option cost of $7,995. There are discounts of $20-24K off sticker - still lot terds.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Damn I’m so glad I picked up my RE who could have imagined this lol. And if it wasn’t for the HP Dollars and aggressive retail discounting I would have sat it out. And wow RS was sooo wrong and can’t believe it and just maybe and I say a big maybe this is why they shut him down:unsure:
View attachment 7049
Wow... what a nice looking car... hmmmm... maybe I am bias... :love::love::love:

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
I don't think so, look closer - these have a 1" lip and are very concave.

Here are all of the standard and optional wheels on the non-50th Challengers/Chargers:
Not the same wheels. Here are the 11" wide "slingshot" style, now called "warp speed"-
Def not the Slingshots. Similar but not them.
I am super stoked to see the fugly Devils wheels all but go away, they never looked right on these cars. The new 2020 wheels are def where it's at.
The one thing I really can't stand is the retro script badging all over the car and even programmed into the gauges. That is some ugly that I couldnt look at every time I got in and started the car.
Thanks for pointing out the slight differences in the older "Slingshot" style wheels and the new "Warp Speed" wheels. Don't get me wrong, I liked the black slingshots on my previous '15 Hellcat...until I had to clean them. Just not feeling the silver ones at all. To me, the differences between the Warp Speed and Slingshots are so very minimal, I couldn't even tell. People's choices in wheels are ALWAYS controversial. There's a lot of other wheels people love, and I don't....but wheels in general are a great way to personalize your ride if you are so inclined. I happen to like the Devil's wheels while others can't stand them....but ironically, I'm OK with that!! lol
View attachment 7049
Exactly how I feel about it!!! I didn't know RS said anything about the 2020 models, or maybe I missed it....BTW, that Octane is a pretty sexy color too!!
IMG_1078.JPG

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
I'm just excited for a Widebody shaker. Kind of wish it could've been a Hellcat Shaker. With actual ram air plumbing like the other shakers.

Absolutely love the look of the Widebody shaker with the body color scoop. Other than that... Eh.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #30
Oh on the narrow body... pfft... I am prejudice and choose not to recognize "those cars". ;)

But, yeah - you are right.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Oh on the narrow body... pfft... I am prejudice and choose not to recognize "those cars". ;)

But, yeah - you are right.
Hey there play nice. 😃

Member ID
Reactions
City
Pottstown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Dodge Challenger
I wouldn't be so sure, they are after all offering them in limited supply.
I was still pulling for a 426 and really, really hoped it wouldn't turn out to be what, well, exactly what it turned out to be. Sometimes Dodge never fails to disappoint.

Did anyone notice the R/T gets a '71 style grill and the ScatPack gets a /70 ?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
How does a company go from amazing marketing with the Hellcat and Demon to mickey mouse marketing for there 50th anniversary?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Pottstown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Dodge Challenger
How does a company go from amazing marketing with the Hellcat and Demon to mickey mouse marketing for there 50th anniversary?
Probably because it's a Mickey Mouse offering.

CU89

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2019 Widebody Scat PacK
They did something similar with the 100th year anniversay Challenger in 2014 - badges and stickers. - A substantive change in 2015. Hopefully they will follow past pattern and practice.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
They did something similar with the 100th year anniversay Challenger in 2014 - badges and stickers.
1914 Dodge Challenger

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #38
Cost.

There are some simple but effective visual changes here that will make these cars unique (enough) for the guy/gal who wants to brag about the "special" content. I am not offended by this car; especially given the number of appearance package anniversary cars (Corvettes, Trans Ams, Camaro) that GM has pumped out over the years. I think the MOPAR brand is spoiled and its online customer base has lost perspective.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I really think the 426 was supposed to be the killer feature of this 50th package, and when it was decided to shelve the motor they were left with these minor cosmetic changes only.
Agreed. It was rumored earlier this year that the Ram probably wasn't getting a 7L
That was the kiss of death right there. But it was just rumors.

When RS stated it was coming, it was over 2 years out at that point. It could have been in the works but it didn't happen. Instead, they slapped a supercharger on it and brought out the Hellephant

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I will say, im digging that gold widebody and the wheels.

I'd drive that.
Reminds me of that ugly puke yellow/green BMW had many years ago on their M3s. So ugly its kind of cool