Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 GT500 goes 10.6@133!!!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
GT 500,, wake up. Smell the fumes. Oh that was the F18 that just flew over. I would have to say that one does a great 1/4 mile.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I have a Twister Orange Base GT500 on order and I am on the GT500 forum everyday like here as well. There was a major delay in shipping and production is soo slow beyond slow. Deposits by many in July still have no vins. And just this last week a few have just received theirs. Ford stops production from mid December to late February early March On the GT500 and GT350 as well due to the Summer Performance tires. Yeah you read that the Summer Performance Tires cannot be moved on vehicles below 32 degrees. This is just insane since why not just put different shipping wheels and tires on the car and put the Summer Tires on at the Dealer. The main point is the car has to be moved to various locations during the build and she sits outside as well. Once winter starts to break they then get production going again.
I put my order in September and still no Vin and was told by my dealer it will be next year before I get her. And my dealer gave me code 10 order which is the highest order importance over other orders unless your an dealer owner and or Jay Leno it’s priority 1 which basically know one gets. I’m guessing March or April for me. Theirs a guy on the forum who tracks every order to a tee to Vin assign and build which Ford Performance allows you to get all your car info as she is built and you can personally call them and talk to them as well. As far as these being a dime a dozen build and availability it will be slim pickings and unless you know someone it will be tough to get the MSRP price. And like anything if you are patient and wait and look long enough you may find a deal but doubt it will be 2020 year. And be very cautious of the dealer that takes your deposit and claims they are getting one. Many stories on the forum of dealers taking deposits but most likely will never get one in 2020 and or ever.

Last edited:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #224
I'm not sure I follow this. So a dealer has to buy into the Shelby program to get an allocation. 30% of Gt500s produced will be CFTPs. There are something like 3000 Ford and Lincoln dealers in the US. Dealers get a GT500 and GT350 allocation for buying into the program and other allocations are based off some other metric. Currently dealers are selling each other allocations and you are telling me there is room for 3827 more orders if there is a demand? Why do most dealers say they are sold out then and unable to order or get them? I'm about 1000% positive they'd have no issue selling 5000 GT5000 nationwide at MSRP.
Yes, they have to buy into the program to get an allocation. There was a specific timeline to buy into the program, if I remember correct. Something like a 60 day window. Only 25% of total production will be CFTP and another 25% with painted stripes. That 25% of painted stripes includes base and CFTP models. Not all dealers bought into the program on time. Not all dealers care about it neither. Some small town dealers can’t rely on their local$ to buy a GT500. So they just don’t order one. The ordering window for the 2020 Model is still open though.

Last edited:

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
I have a Twister Orange Base GT500 on order and I am on the GT500 forum everyday like here as well. There was a major delay in shipping and production is soo slow beyond slow. Deposits by many in July still have no vins. And just this last week a few have just received theirs. Ford stops production from mid December to late February early March On the GT500 and GT350 as well due to the Summer Performance tires. Yeah you read that the Summer Performance Tires cannot be moved on vehicles below 32 degrees. This is just insane since why not just put different shipping wheels and tires on the car and put the Summer Tires on at the Dealer. The main point is the car has to be moved to various locations during the build and she sits outside as well. Once winter starts to break they then get production going again.
I put my order in September and still no Vin and was told by my dealer it will be next year before I get her. And my dealer gave me code 10 order which is the highest order importance over other orders unless your an dealer owner and or Jay Leno it’s priority 1 which basically know one gets. I’m guessing March or April for me. Theirs a guy on the forum who tracks every order to a tee to Vin assign and build which Ford Performance allows you to get all your car info as she is built and you can personally call them and talk to them as well. As far as these being a dime a dozen build and availability it will be slim pickings and unless you know someone it will be tough to get the MSRP price. And like anything if you are patient and wait and look long enough you may find a deal but doubt it will be 2020 year. And be very cautious of the dealer that takes your deposit and claims they are getting one. Many stories on the forum of dealers taking deposits but most likely will never get one in 2020 and or ever.
Mine was one of the first several built and is still waiting for shipping.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Mine was one of the first several built and is still waiting for shipping.
you mind sharing cost? You can PM if you want.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
One thing I’d like to add Whipcat.. I really like the GT500’s.. but unless your taking it to a road course that extra 18.5k $ CFTP takes the car in my opinion from a reasonable price to an unreasonable cost. In a straight line on a drag strip it might knock a few hundredths of a second off. I guess they say at a road course it will knock a few off... but if your just having fun and not racing in a competition it seems like an option I’d definitely avoid. And painted stripes.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
What’s a summer tire? The PS4S? Haha dude I drove them in the dry at 18 - 30 degrees in the cat the other day. Minor traction loss just due to street temps. And more power from the car in those cool temps and I’m just above sealevel. Man the hellcat rips in under 30 degrees! It feels like a different car! And how it pulls even in between shifts from 3-4-5 is just bonkers awesome. Gotta say the PS4s summers do better in the cold than the stock perillis Zeros.. fact!, the 10.5 all around help a lot too.. and bigger rubber front & rear.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m excited too see your car charger/challenger. I really like the orange. I’d probably go orange with black vinyl stripes if I got it.. and get those Recaro seats.

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
you mind sharing cost? You can PM if you want.
MSRP with my options is 81,360

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
The carbon Pack has Cup tires.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
MSRP with my options is 81,360
can you get me your sales guy so he can sell another one to me??

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
All roads pointing to 2021 for me based on all available info but I'm fine with that. That falls into my planned window
What’s a summer tire? The PS4S? Haha dude I drove them in the dry at 18 - 30 degrees in the cat the other day. Minor traction loss just due to street temps. And more power from the car in those cool temps and I’m just above sealevel. Man the hellcat rips in under 30 degrees! It feels like a different car! And how it pulls even in between shifts from 3-4-5 is just bonkers awesome. Gotta say the PS4s summers do better in the cold than the stock perillis Zeros.. fact!, the 10.5 all around help a lot too.. and bigger rubber front & rear.
Not for the PS4s although Ford may be being abundantly cautious on those. It is for the The Pilot Sport Cup2 which is the track focused tire and same tire standard on all 2019 plus GT350s and on the GT500 CFTP.

I have PS4s on my daily Hellcat and called Michelin directly about them. Their official position is the standard no summer tire will perform as intended below 40 degrees. I was concerned about overnight freezing temps as I'm moving and the car will be outside for a bit before the new garage. They said 20 degrees was the magic number. Under that they should not be moved, inflated, deflated, mounted dismounted etc or you run the risk of cracking. As temps here in SC never touch 20 this time of year I kept em on for the 2nd year in a row now even with being outside and no issues. I'm replacing them in the spring with a new set anyway so if the compound stiffens a bit I'm ok. Just didn't want cracking....no bueno for a daily my child rides in.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
One thing I’d like to add Whipcat.. I really like the GT500’s.. but unless your taking it to a road course that extra 18.5k $ CFTP takes the car in my opinion from a reasonable price to an unreasonable cost. In a straight line on a drag strip it might knock a few hundredths of a second off. I guess they say at a road course it will knock a few off... but if your just having fun and not racing in a competition it seems like an option I’d definitely avoid. And painted stripes.
I’ve been feeling the same thing.

I like that price @LaserDoc got. I would jump now for that price.

OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #236
@LaserDoc im surprised you haven’t gotten yours. They did have to “recycle” the first ones that were produced. But I’m sure you were tracking that.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
That was just a little sarcasm laserdoc.. yeah I could see with the pilot cups they wouldn’t put them on the street in freezing temps.. if it were me I’d buy the mustang with PS4s and buy the pilot cups aftermarket. Pilot cups probably be picking debris off the road at warmed temps like glue traps. Even the PS4s you have to be careful. Definitely don’t want to drive down them freshly chipped roads.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’ve been feeling the same thing.

I like that price @LaserDoc got. I would jump now for that price.
No doubt those wheels (CFTP) are cool as hell and they save a ton of weight. Another thing to consider besides price... the first thing that crossed my mind.. it won’t be a very fun day when you curb them wheels! -5000! Probably want to consider that wheel and tire warranty.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Just like we were we were speaking about quotes the other day. Great advertising aspect to bump the #s. Make 5,000 and sell as MSRP or make 3,000 and let the dealers grab the cash. I wouldn't touch it till year #2 like the Hell Cat. I pissed in my girl friends pants every day waiting for that 2 year mark. She is still pissed off,, ha. Has not ridden in the car but onece but then a gain she is not the queen of the double wide. Dodge has been awaiting on this. There are more snitches in the auto business than Wash me not ton. They are 5 years ahead of what Motor Trendous wants us to know. Let the war continue. Engineering and advertising at te right time makes for $$$$$.
? :unsure: ?

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Guys I’m looking to get a GT500 for 2021. Me and my pop are looking to go halves on a bare bones model. Here’s our spec... velocity blue, black roof (I want that), carbon fiber trim on dash (because I like that bullshit haha).. and that’s it 2 options. 75-76k plus gas guzzler etc.