Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

60ft Help

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Marc W, I saw your car pics in another post, did you get your cage done in the Arizona / UT area?
Carlin Fabrication in Calimesa, Calif (Riverside area). He also did the DragPak 4-link suspension (don’t try that at home) and the drag wing and chute. Tubing and sheet metal fabrication at a high level. Tightest fitting custom cages at unbeatable prices. Go there!

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I assume you are on the brake and getting into the gas while you anticipate the light right? Can't just lay into the gas off idle. Then like others are saying, give it some throttle for just a bit, then all of it once you know you are rolling out.

Last edited:
OP
S
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #23
Carlin Fabrication in Calimesa, Calif (Riverside area). He also did the DragPak 4-link suspension (don’t try that at home) and the drag wing and chute. Tubing and sheet metal fabrication at a high level. Tightest fitting custom cages at unbeatable prices. Go there!
Thank you, reaching 145mph, safety needs to be paramount now!

OP
S
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #24
I assume you are on the brake and getting into the gas while you anticipate the light right? Can't just lay into the gas off idle. Then like others are saying, give it some throttle for just a bit, then all of it once you know you are rolling out.
Appreciate the advice, sounds like test n tune is going to be a fun night. In the 70’s here next week.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thank you, reaching 145mph, safety needs to be paramount now!
That and being allowed to run at a track that enforces the NHRA requirements. I know a lot of them don’t and there are people all over the country running eights at 150+ mph with a stock seat and a OE shoulder belt. Out west for whatever reason... the tracks enforce the rules most of the time and getting kicked out (or even barred) from a track after spending all that money to go fast is a waste. Shops like this one can fit a cage so tight inside the car that it is not a inconvenience. Removable or swing out door bars make it so in and out is unimpeded. The five point harness is a part of it and needs to not only be used on the track but the street also to keep you away from those overhead bars. A beautifully done cage is a enhancement in my opinion. There’s no need to tear up the car or do anything that isn’t reversible. Here’s a example of his work in the streetable catagory. 1987E589-4A52-431A-92EF-4C504A627200.jpeg D0A001E0-5C1B-426D-A587-276602798218.jpeg

OP
S
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #26
That and being allowed to run at a track that enforces the NHRA requirements. I know a lot of them don’t and there are people all over the country running eights at 150+ mph with a stock seat and a OE shoulder belt. Out west for whatever reason... the tracks enforce the rules most of the time and getting kicked out (or even barred) from a track after spending all that money to go fast is a waste. Shops like this one can fit a cage so tight inside the car that it is not a inconvenience. Removable or swing out door bars make it so in and out is unimpeded. The five point harness is a part of it and needs to not only be used on the track but the street also to keep you away from those overhead bars. A beautifully done cage is a enhancement in my opinion. There’s no need to tear up the car or do anything that isn’t reversible. Here’s a example of his work in the streetable catagory. View attachment 36631 View attachment 36632
This is really sharp, snug fitting cage that is functional for the street. In St. Louis, one of the high powered Hellcats got squirmy on the big end, almost hit the wall, then NHRA folks started to enforce. I personally was thankful for the change in their scrutiny of safety, from the jacket, helmet, to cages.
View attachment 36631 View attachment 36632 [/QUOTE]

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The AAD drag pack has done wonders for mine.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Vortecd, I have BMR trailing arms, would you happen to know would they complement the other AAD components, or ditch the BMR?
buy the drag pack kit like what speedy installed and sell the bmr arms

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've not had mine on the track yet, but street testing I can be WAY more aggressive with the throttle in 2nd and 3rd gear than I ever could before. It may spin briefly, but it's dead straight, no hop, and quickly squats and goes.

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Good Evening All,

Really good advice and just a couple of other things to note. Always start out at 20.5 tire pressure with 2k stall and see if the track can handle that combo.

If not, lower tire pressure by 1 psi until you get 18.5. If you are still not hooking, come down on the stall to 1.6k.

If you still are not hooking with 18.5 and 1.6k stall, get off the track and pack it up...the prep is not there.

Everyone has been spot on about the AAD, and if you race the car mainly and limited daily driving. Then go with a race alignment. With the ADD and race alignment...hook and go go go.

Btw, lower tire pressure hinders trap speed, thus hurts ET.

This is what we want at the track every time: clean, cold, dry air, negative DA and highest tire pressure with a 2k stall and dead hooking.

NOTE: My technique is stall and STOMP that sob if the track is hooking. If I am racing, then I will play with the throttle and roll into it.

One last thing. If you are running 10.99 at any NHRA track. Please put NT on your window and turn off the boards and almost every track will let you run without a cage. Trust me, we do it all the time. Just don't show up the track and display a 9 or 8 second pass. LOL! :) They will ban you. Just be cool and turn off the boards without a cage.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@Dman007 do you have an upgraded converter?

Linda :)

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
@Dman007 do you have an upgraded converter?

Still stock Hellcat convertor.

Dave tested the Demon stall last year and it was flashing too high and he had traction issues. Thus he went back to a HC convertor.

At this new power level, will stay with the HC convertor and then test both 309 and 262 and which gear to launch in.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Still stock Hellcat convertor.

Dave tested the Demon stall last year and it was flashing too high and he had traction issues. Thus he went back to a HC convertor.

At this new power level, will stay with the HC convertor and then test both 309 and 262 and which gear to launch in.
I wasn't sure. I have the Suncoast convertor. I like it and with that I don't go past the 2000 stall. It really helped my 60 ft 1.37.

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I wasn't sure. I have the Suncoast convertor. I like it and with that I don't go past the 2000 stall. It really helped my 60 ft 1.37.

We want to stall as high as possible to put down as much power to decrease 60' and hook. As you know, this formula is always a day by day problem to solve.

But with our current setup, we are 1.32 to 1.29 on average.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
We want to stall as high as possible to put down as much power to decrease 60' and hook. As you know, this formula is always a day by day problem to solve.

But with our current setup, we are 1.32 to 1.29 on average.
I think I will get there. You guys have had a lot of good seat time!
You had an awesome race year too!

Last edited:

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I think I will get there. You guys have had a lot of good seat time!
You has an awesome race year too!

Thank you Linda and it was an outstanding 2020 year for me with 7 wins, 6 seconds, 1 third place. Dave and I raced 35 weekends. We might cutback on the racing weekends in 2021...<that is what we are telling ourselves now). LOL!!

But we will see with our new builds and how reliable the cars are with the new power levels. We put in over 400 pulls last year, so let's see how this year stacks up. <can not wait to get my Cat out of the shop!!>

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Always start out at 20.5 tire pressure with 2k stall and see if the track can handle that combo.

If not, lower tire pressure by 1 psi until you get 18.5. If you are still not hooking, come down on the stall to 1.6k.

If you still are not hooking with 18.5 and 1.6k stall, get off the track and pack it up...the prep is not there.
I just printed this out and taped it to the dash in the car :cool:

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I just printed this out and taped it to the dash in the car :cool:
Speedy - no sharing that info on your YouTube channel. That is Hellcat proprietary information <plz sign the NDA...here> lol :ROFLMAO::LOL::cool:

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
Forum, looking for some help with my 60ft. Currently have a great tune by Curt on E85, and last time at the track 2020, 9.89 @ 142.78, 1.589 60ft. The issue is picking up some bad wheel hop.

Tires are MT ET Street R, 315 / 50 / 17, was running 18PSI still some violent wheel hop. 3.09 rear, BMR trailing arms, diff brace.

Just relocated to the Mesa, AZ so looking to hit the track in two weeks.

Some feedback would be appreciated.
Tires are under inflated. Hellcat or redeye? What's the setup?.

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Forum, looking for some help with my 60ft. Currently have a great tune by Curt on E85, and last time at the track 2020, 9.89 @ 142.78, 1.589 60ft. The issue is picking up some bad wheel hop.

Tires are MT ET Street R, 315 / 50 / 17, was running 18PSI still some violent wheel hop. 3.09 rear, BMR trailing arms, diff brace.

Just relocated to the Mesa, AZ so looking to hit the track in two weeks.

Some feedback would be appreciated.
I was with Curt today in Bradenton and he gave me some great ideas for setup and my 60 is 1.52 on 93 tune and it was my second time at a track. Reach out to him or Josh for thoughts. I’d share them but my setup is different so likely he will give you different thoughts. Good luck!