Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

AAD Drag Pack Alignment Results

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #21
I see now that DSS doesn't warranty their drive shaft unless you have cradle lockout installed. I'm curious which one?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I see now that DSS doesn't warranty their drive shaft unless you have cradle lockout installed. I'm curious which one?
There are a few out there. Saw one that has tow hook

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
There’s a guy at the track the makes them but it’s only the bottom part not the top part. He told me to get ahold of him for a set. Prolly be cheaper. But we shall see.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
If I didn’t already have all the BMR cradle and Diff lock out stuff I’d be using this new GForce stuff, much less NVH and actually less movement then the BMR stuff allows.

https://www.gforce1320.com/product-category/dodge-challenger/
Didn't know they made any. I knew of the whiteline. Not a big fan of the bmr stuff so this looks like a better option. I worry about the solid ones having a lot NVH and being I drive my car a lot don't want that

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Didn't know they made any. I knew of the whiteline. Not a big fan of the bmr stuff so this looks like a better option. I worry about the solid ones having a lot NVH and being I drive my car a lot don't want that
They say NVH with their new stuff is near non existent

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I saw the color and went, hmmm..

What's install time?
Probably different for everyone. Depending on if you have help and how fast you work. Based on what I have seen me and a friend would have it done in an afternoon. Lowering the cradle makes it more time consuming. My thought would be to do the arms and cradle bushing at the same time. I'm swapping out the gears back to stock so most of the way there to do the bushings.
I had 3.09's and a driveshaft and it wasn't until I picked up the axles that I installed everything. It all went hand in hand

You may know this @Speedy if I were to drop the cradle and do bushing and turned the one control arm bolt around that you have to drop the cradle for when doing arms, would I be able to change the arms without dropping the cradle later?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Probably different for everyone. Depending on if you have help and how fast you work. Based on what I have seen me and a friend would have it done in an afternoon. Lowering the cradle makes it more time consuming. My thought would be to do the arms and cradle bushing at the same time. I'm swapping out the gears back to stock so most of the way there to do the bushings.
I had 3.09's and a driveshaft and it wasn't until I picked up the axles that I installed everything. It all went hand in hand

You may know this @Speedy if I were to drop the cradle and do bushing and turned the one control arm bolt around that you have to drop the cradle for when doing arms, would I be able to change the arms without dropping the cradle later?
I asked my guy and he said 5-6 hours and a little more for bushings.
Why going to 2.62s?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Why going to 2.62s?
3.09 were worth a tenth but mine have some gear noise which I knew when I bought them. Will also make it harder to hook with a tune and pulley. If they didn't make any noise I may have kept them but for the most part I couldn't even tell the difference between the 2 driving the car. which I thought would have been a big difference.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Why going to 2.62s?
5 to 6 hours for bushings? I think he is looking for a pay check
Should be able to do the aad kit in less time than that.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
3.09 were worth a tenth but mine have some gear noise which I knew when I bought them. Will also make it harder to hook with a tune and pulley. If they didn't make any noise I may have kept them but for the most part I couldn't even tell the difference between the 2 driving the car. which I thought would have been a big difference.
Mine has been noisy as long as I had them. Especially with the brace. I keep servicing it and putting conditioner in it to hopefully extend its life.
I picked up .2 stock.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
5 to 6 hours for bushings? I think he is looking for a pay check
Should be able to do the aad kit in less time than that.
Bushings and the AAD drag pack.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Mine has been noisy as long as I had them. Especially with the brace. I keep servicing it and putting conditioner in it to hopefully extend its life.
I picked up .2 stock.
The guy I bought mine from did buy them new and had only had 1500 miles on them. I think the 3.09s are hit or miss. My Daytona made no noise and I should have swapped them before turning it in.(lease)
If you got .2 that is good. Me and others have all showed only a tenth. And for me it wasn't until the last outing it showed that. I was looking at .05.
I put them in at the same time I added the DIR brace and aluminum driveshaft which they can cause noise also. I did pull the brace off at the end of the year and drove around for a week and there was no difference in the noise so the brace did not cause any of it

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The guy I bought mine from did buy them new and had only had 1500 miles on them. I think the 3.09s are hit or miss. My Daytona made no noise and I should have swapped them before turning it in.(lease)
If you got .2 that is good. Me and others have all showed only a tenth. And for me it wasn't until the last outing it showed that. I was looking at .05.
I put them in at the same time I added the DIR brace and aluminum driveshaft which they can cause noise also. I did pull the brace off at the end of the year and drove around for a week and there was no difference in the noise so the brace did not cause any of it
I bought mine used fairly cheap. I rarely drive it on the street anymore so it doesn't really matter.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

Yes, on turning around the bolt for the top connector.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yes, on turning around the bolt for the top connector.
Makes sense being that seems to be the reason to drop it

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Good luck on install. I'm sure at some point I will be buying these. You doing anything with cradle bushings since you are dropping it?
Crae lockout kit and diff lock out kit have been installed since last season. The ride is for sure full racecar now.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Crae lockout kit and diff lock out kit have been installed since last season. The ride is for sure full racecar now.
How bad is it? I have a habit of overdoing cars and making them uncomfortable to drive.