Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Another great day at the track New PB 3 times. Settled for 10.421@130.98. Update with a video

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #62
Big Hairy Audacious Goal!
LMAO. Again I thought that was one. LOL
I'm going to put my back seat back in and throw on my original fronts. And shoot for a similar time if I get a chance. Get this sucker to run a 10.4 on just a drag radial and driveshaft. Just to please the Facebook haters. LMAO.
I guess I give too much info on how I run. Because I have periodically removed my rear seat and I removed my sway bar, my car now is considered always stripped down.
Now if I tune and run a crazy low 10, something else must be done.
If I put on a litens 3.17 and do the same of course my car will be tuned.
Oh well I'm having a blast with this silly little car. It has far exceeded any of my expectations, goals and hopes.
Now I still have to try for a 1.49x 60'. So I still have that goal to meet. And this thing is staying with the 2.62 gear to get there.
Now I have to hope the forecast for this weekend is wrong.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
It never ceases to amaze me how so many try to drag people down. Rather than aspire to achieve another level of success they prefer to denigrate other’s accomplishments. I’ve seen so much of that regarding Demons it’s sickening. You my friend are putting in the work to maximize the car’s and driver’s performance. Keep raising the bar!

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #64
It never ceases to amaze me how so many try to drag people down. Rather than aspire to achieve another level of success they prefer to denigrate other’s accomplishments. I’ve seen so much of that regarding Demons it’s sickening. You my friend are putting in the work to maximize the car’s and driver’s performance. Keep raising the bar!
Thank you. I laugh because I'm being told I'm not stock because of my times. Because my latest times have had a few things removed (Rear seat, fr sway bar 50lbs or so) for testing against et. Apparently all my times must have been like that. The car is stripped my ass. The owners manual is in the glove box which like the console is full, and the compressor still in the trunk under the carpet nestled next to the subwoofer as always. I don't think I've ever used washer fluid so I assume it's full from delivery. And what genious shows up with 3/4 tank of gas to run a number. This one if you didn't catch that. LOL
I like to try a small thing a few times to see what a realistic gain is. Rear seat removal only is worth maybe .01-.03
Front skinnies around .04-.07 maybe less according to Simon.
And I'm still trying to figure out if the front sway bar removed actually helps the 60' or not. At least on a HC with no added power it's hard to say.
It took awhile installing and removing , rinse/repeat to come up with those conclusions.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #65
I received a video from my friend that came along this day. Of course he only took 1 video of my car. LOL Usually I don't get any so I'll take it.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
It's the micro-penis ego issues.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thank you. I laugh because I'm being told I'm not stock because of my times. Because my latest times have had a few things removed (Rear seat, fr sway bar 50lbs or so) for testing against et. Apparently all my times must have been like that. The car is stripped my ass. The owners manual is in the glove box which like the console is full, and the compressor still in the trunk under the carpet nestled next to the subwoofer as always. I don't think I've ever used washer fluid so I assume it's full from delivery. And what genious shows up with 3/4 tank of gas to run a number. This one if you didn't catch that. LOL
I like to try a small thing a few times to see what a realistic gain is. Rear seat removal only is worth maybe .01-.03
Front skinnies around .04-.07 maybe less according to Simon.
And I'm still trying to figure out if the front sway bar removed actually helps the 60' or not. At least on a HC with no added power it's hard to say.
It took awhile installing and removing , rinse/repeat to come up with those conclusions.
I don't think the front sway bar removal does much. I did a 1.49 60 with it removed then a 1.474 with it back on. Yes different day with different DA and prep so who knows. Maybe with skinnies the sway bar being removed may make a difference?

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #68
I don't think the front sway bar removal does much. I did a 1.49 60 with it removed then a 1.474 with it back on. Yes different day with different DA and prep so who knows. Maybe with skinnies the sway bar being removed may make a difference?
I agree with you Mark. My buddy with the blown 300 is convinced it slowed him down in the 60'. When I first removed it there was no difference that I could tell. I did get my first 1.50x 60' with it off but it was better air than before.
Last year I got 1.51's but I broke the ds when the air got good so no real comparison. Someone on faceplant posted with the same setup he weighed 4490lbs. I weighed myself on the way to the track at 4470lbs. I should just put everything back in and add fuel as needed instead of running with a bunch of gas. 10 gallons is 80lbs, so more than I removed. LOL

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I believe the idea of removing the sway bar is also to loosen up the front end to help lift and distribute more weight to the rear to help traction? Maybe that’s not that necessary if you are already getting good traction? There are some (me) who believe it takes time and horsepower to raise the front end when you are trying to move forward. When I raced (a long time ago), I did have some weak shocks on the front (not 90-10’s) and jacked the torsion bars up to minimize the amount the front end had to lift. I used to come off the line at 6,000 rpm’s in my 440-6 RoadRunner and got such great traction it developed ripples in the C-pillars! We didn’t have the good track prep back then either. I might have gotten more daylight under the front left tire if I had a looser front end but I don’t believe it would have helped my 60’? I can also tell you it was not much fun driving on the street without a sway bar!

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Well I went last night , best I did was 10.27 @ 135.31 , - 486 DA.
Not as good as I expected but still new PB by .01 , kinda like you lol.
The mph picked up 3 mph from my previous PB.
F,,,k your fast

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #71
I believe the idea of removing the sway bar is also to loosen up the front end to help lift and distribute more weight to the rear to help traction? Maybe that’s not that necessary if you are already getting good traction? There are some (me) who believe it takes time and horsepower to raise the front end when you are trying to move forward. When I raced (a long time ago), I did have some weak shocks on the front (not 90-10’s) and jacked the torsion bars up to minimize the amount the front end had to lift. I used to come off the line at 6,000 rpm’s in my 440-6 RoadRunner and got such great traction it developed ripples in the C-pillars! We didn’t have the good track prep back then either. I might have gotten more daylight under the front left tire if I had a looser front end but I don’t believe it would have helped my 60’? I can also tell you it was not much fun driving on the street without a sway bar!
The only reason I left it off was fall was approaching and I figured the added transfer might help in the cold.
I'm of the same belief as you are. Whatever is being used to lift isn't be used as push.

Another thing I used to do with the old cars was install a pinion snubber and unclamp the rear part of the leaf springs to drive the rear tires into the ground.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
the only thing the stabilizer bar does for drag racing is you leave that weight at home instead of carrying it down the track.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I received a video from my friend that came along this day. Of course he only took 1 video of my car. LOL Usually I don't get any so I'll take it.

People down here don't believe you did that because the announcer's last words were:

"Go away, you silly English Ki-nig-it"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #74
People down here don't believe you did that because the announcer's last words were:

"Go away, you silly English Ki-nig-it"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well it actually translates a bit differently. LOL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Congratulations BTW

;)

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #76
Congratulations BTW

;)
Thanks BULL. I thought well that's it. We did good. Then the next weekend ran a few 10.37's and we missed our chance at -1300ft DA.
So now I have to wait another year to see what the limit is. LOL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thanks BULL. I thought well that's it. We did good. Then the next weekend ran a few 10.37's and we missed our chance at -1300ft DA.
So now I have to wait another year to see what the limit is. LOL

You should update the thread title

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #78
I had a separate one. Hmm. Might have forgot to put the time on it.
🤔

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #79
Found it and added the time. LOL

Btw since I got this car I hate winter.😉

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Found it and added the time. LOL

Btw since I got this car I hate winter.😉
Yeah, when winter sets in & the tracks shut down does suck !
Hopefully it will go by quick & back at the track b4 you know it.