Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Best OEM Wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
ORDERING 2022 HC RE AS SOON AS DODGE TAKES ORDERS
Hi everyone. I will be ordering a Charger HC RE when the 2022 season opens up. Of the 4 wheel choices, are there any differences in performance and/or weight? I don't really care about appearance too much. I just want the best performing wheels. I highly doubt I will ever change to a different wheel so I want to get the best ones from the get go. If it matters, I will at least initially go with the OEM all season Pirellis. But I have no idea what I will run in the future. I could see some, just for fun, drag racing in my future. Thanks.

Robert

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Personally, I would stick with the standard RE wheels and use the $1100-1300 on some better tires.
1- The RE uses the newest wheel style as standard so you won't see as many of them
2- I don't believe there's much difference in weight between the options so you're just spending $ on looks
3- The OEM tires suck and you'll want to replace them ASAP anyway

OP
R
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Thanks that's what I thought. I also happen to like the looks of the standard wheels best but would go with a different model if they were lighter.

Robert

OP
R
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Darn, stupid me forgot I started an almost identical thread a few days ago. I must be getting old LOL!! I've been reading a lot and forget where I read what. Moderators please feel free to merge the two threads!!

Robert

ChillxPoint

Member ID
Reactions
City
Folsom
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat Redeye Challenger Widebody
One day ill be able to find a forums member to trade or sell to me:)