Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

BoostedGTA 2021 Super Stock

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Figured I'd start a thread for my own Super Stock to post all the info from initial arrival to track results etc.

Ordered 4/7/21 from my local dealer:
Indigo Blue
Rear seat delete
SRT performance spoiler
MSRP $84,761

I kept the options list short in hopes of having the lightest example of a Super Stock. I'll be racing it at our local 1/8 mile mostly, as well as cruising around town.

This month (June), I ordered 2 Nitto 555 G2 tires for the front to save the front drag radials for when the rears wear out. Currently on back order, they are expected to ship around 7/14 which ironically is about when I expect the car to arrive.

I also ordered a drag pack wheel setup: Weld Ventura 17x10 rears (widebody fitment) and 18x5 fronts. These are expected to ship by next week. More than likely going with the Hoosier drag bracket radials in 29.5x10.5x17 size, and Hoosier front runners.

I hope to take some of Ron's suggestions and do some easy weight reduction ideas to run as quick as possible in stock form for a while. Will be interesting to compare notes with others. I'll be putting everything on YouTube as well.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #2
Update 6/18/21: Window sticker showed up today!! Won't be long!!

Last edited:
OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #3
Here are the first pics of my new Super Stock! Arrived 6/30/21 (ordered 4/7/21). Took roughly 12 days after the window sticker showed up online. Wasn't feeling that great the day of pickup, so I literally just drove it straight home and into the garage. Didn't even look at any materials or anything that came with it. Finally today I'm feeling almost back to normal so we took it to dinner tonight. I LOVE this color! It really pops in the sun. Got about 40 miles on it and will be following SRT protocol for the break in I suppose. It rides much better than I expected--seems to be much better than our Daytona 392 for some reason. Anyway, picture overload to follow...

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #4
More pics!

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #5
And reserved this one

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I also ordered a drag pack wheel setup: Weld Ventura 17x10 rears (widebody fitment) and 18x5 fronts. These are expected to ship by next week. More than likely going with the Hoosier drag bracket radials in 29.5x10.5x17 size, and Hoosier front runners.

That is a good tire. It is only .3" narrower tread than a 315/50R17 ET STREET R. My good friend runs that tire on a 17X10 Weld and it looks big standing there looking at it. I run the 28/10.5 when I am trying for personal bests with max prep, but that bigger tire is not far behind.....I was actually thinking of trying the bigger tire in TX this winter. I rarely will bring extra wheels / tires but I am super curious to see how it would do in -1000 DA. I am thinking the bigger tire might make up some ground on that violent 1-2 shift. Your Car is going to look great in Indigo Blue.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Watching

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #8
That is a good tire. It is only .3" narrower tread than a 315/50R17 ET STREET R. My good friend runs that tire on a 17X10 Weld and it looks big standing there looking at it. I run the 28/10.5 when I am trying for personal bests with max prep, but that bigger tire is not far behind.....I was actually thinking of trying the bigger tire in TX this winter. I rarely will bring extra wheels / tires but I am super curious to see how it would do in -1000 DA. I am thinking the bigger tire might make up some ground on that violent 1-2 shift. Your Car is going to look great in Indigo Blue.
I'm going from memory here, but I was looking at what you ran to try and help me decide... When you were at the Rock on a 29.5" tall drag bracket radial--wasn't it 10.0x on the better passes there? Compare that to your all time best to date of 9.9x with a lighter setup (and I'm guessing better DA), then I don't think the 29.5" is really slowing you down any. I still got some time to research the tire a bit more... Thanks for all your help!!

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
You are right. I ran a 10.02 there first pass on Friday. Then later that day with a 3 hour coodown in quite a bit higher DA I ran a 10.03 with an excellent sixty foot. I have done a 1.399 sixty at Irwindale. Keep in mind my tire is wider/heavier and my rim is heavier than your setup will be.

10.02 ROCK.jpg 10.03 ROCK.jpg

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Figured I'd start a thread for my own Super Stock to post all the info from initial arrival to track results etc.

Ordered 4/7/21 from my local dealer:
Indigo Blue
Rear seat delete
SRT performance spoiler
MSRP $84,761

I kept the options list short in hopes of having the lightest example of a Super Stock. I'll be racing it at our local 1/8 mile mostly, as well as cruising around town.

This month (June), I ordered 2 Nitto 555 G2 tires for the front to save the front drag radials for when the rears wear out. Currently on back order, they are expected to ship around 7/14 which ironically is about when I expect the car to arrive.

I hope to take some of Ron's suggestions and do some easy weight reduction ideas to run as quick as possible in stock form for a while. Will be interesting to compare notes with others. I'll be putting everything on YouTube as well.
Welcome to the club, I ordered my PS4s tires on 4/8/21 from tire rack.. they said they might still be delayed until August or later. I ordered my 315 555r2 from Jegs the same time those came within a week.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Can’t wait to see how long it takes, I’m D1 on mine.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Can’t wait to see how long it takes, I’m D1 on mine.
His Window Sticker posted. I vote 1-3 weeks to SC.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #13
Update 6/28/21 - My dealer says he expects the car Wednesday!

Side note, or question rather... my build sheet said "bright quad exhaust tips". Anyone know what those would be? Is that a change for 2021?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Update 6/28/21 - My dealer says he expects the car Wednesday!

Side note, or question rather... my build sheet said "bright quad exhaust tips". Anyone know what those would be? Is that a change for 2021?
I am pretty sure they are the same. Quad has 2 meanings. Think, Quadtrangel.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #15
Hoping tomorrow is going to be a good day... :cool:

Rollieman

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hamilton
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Check your factory (directional) drag radial tires, mine were on backwards ! :D

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #17
Got some work to do since I spent a good part of the afternoon at the dealer, but here's a sneak peek.

Attachments

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Got some work to do since I spent a good part of the afternoon at the dealer, but here's a sneak peek.
Oh goodness............

. 20210630_134219.jpg

Rollieman

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hamilton
State
MA
Country